A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 164787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2008 11:06:06 AM »

So, I just decided that I'm going to give my finished afghan to my bestest friend in the whole wide world, for this Christmas. But I also want to keep one for myself...so I guess I've joined that "2 squares per month" crowd!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2008 01:26:43 PM »

I'm wanting to do one more square from this month, in indigo (someone I think on Ravelry suggested instead of birthstone colors doing zodiac colors and I've decided I love the rainbow effect) but can't really think of the perfect indigo color in a yarn.  Any suggestions?  Is indigo more dark blue or dark purple or a combo of both?  More blue?  More purple?  Opinions?

~Ang

I'm in the process of making a rainbow blanket for my sis and her gf and the colour I have for the indigo panel is a dark blue but not quite navy - not much help I know  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Infinite Annie
« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2008 01:54:39 PM »

I remember my science teacher saying that Indigo the wavelength can't be seen in a spectrum, like a rainbow, but if you look at the reflection of a florescent tube light on a non-recordable CD that you can see it.

There's also a dye called Indigo.  It's used to color blue jeans.  So, maybe check out some Levi's that haven't been prewashed our acid bathed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2008 04:11:59 PM »

pjherbert, your squares not only look good together, they also look perfectly square. So neat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2008 04:19:43 PM »

Oh thank you guminmyhair!

I think I am going to make a few more and use them as fillers, I love the inside part of the pattern and I should keep ahead of the ball game since I'm stuck inside right now because I might not feel like crocheting in July!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GumInMyHair
« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2008 04:21:27 PM »

It is SO COLD this weekend (in Indiana). Right now it's 10* , windchill -5*. Tomorrow is supposed to be much colder...windchill -20*.

That sounds horrible, I know, so I went to Hobby Lobby and got 3 more skeins of yarn after work. Now I am looking forward to just staying inside drinking hot tea and turning this yarn into 12" squares.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2008 04:30:11 PM »

I live in Central Il so I know what you are talking about!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2008 04:55:28 PM »

I'm wanting to do one more square from this month, in indigo (someone I think on Ravelry suggested instead of birthstone colors doing zodiac colors and I've decided I love the rainbow effect) but can't really think of the perfect indigo color in a yarn.  Any suggestions?  Is indigo more dark blue or dark purple or a combo of both?  More blue?  More purple?  Opinions?

~Ang

Indigo is more of a mix of purple and blue. There's some Vanna's Choice, I think the color is just "purple," which is what I would think of is indigo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chaoticallycrafty
« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2008 07:17:05 PM »

I am working on this pattern and I am having an issue of sorts. I am fallowing the corrected pattern too.
So on the 4th and 5th rows somehow i keep making my piece al gathery where I am joining it. So it wants to like get all bunchy almost like i'm trying to make a hat.
What in the world am I doing wrong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo, Rayne
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: January 19, 2008 07:26:15 PM »

One thing I noticed is that I needed to make sure that I did a last grouping of chains before I slip stitched together at the end of each round. I don't know if that could be the reason- did you count your chain loop sections (20 in each round). It could be that you are leaving out a section of chain and accidently decreasing.

Not sure if that helps, or is even correct. I'm only through row 11 so far, but I should be finished by tomorrow. Someone who has done a few might be able to clarify things for you...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Make Cinnamon-Oat Pancakes
How to Make Perfect Grilled Chicken Wings for Fourth of July
Diner Celebrates Anniversary With 1956 Prices
Healthy Chia and Buckwheat Cereal
How to Grill the Perfect Burger with Chef Jamie Purviance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...