A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 124534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GumInMyHair
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2008 04:49:18 PM »

pjherbert, your square is very neatly stitched. It looks perfect. I like yellow.

Gatsby Girl, yours are really neat too. And your colors go nicely together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arosado
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2008 08:43:24 PM »

Whew!  I finally finished my square.

I used an I hook and Vanna's Choice in Dusty Green.  The bottom looks a little wavy, but I can't figure out why.  I'm so happy I joined this CAL this is my first time making a square this large I can't wait for next months square. Hopefully I can get the edges right next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Infinite Annie
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2008 12:15:09 AM »

Your Vanna's Choice looks nice arosado!  I've been admiring the colors of her brand a lot.  Did you like working with it?

I'm working on a square and I don't like the thickness of the start/end of each row.  It's making one band of my spiral look a bit Barry Bondish!   Tongue  Are any of you noticing something like that in your squares, or is it just me?  I'm not noticing it in your pictures.

Well, this is what I decided to do;

Starting in row 3 on the 20th (last) *ch3, sc in next ch 3 sp*, I skip the last "...,sc in next ch 3 space" and go directly do the "Join with sl st in first sc." to complete the row.  Then I start the next row like it says.

I've only done up to row 10 and it's working great and I like that there's less bulk at the start/end of each row.

What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathj
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2008 01:30:40 AM »

Yes Infinite Annie  I did notice the thick bit at the start of the row .seems not to show  so much once the squares finished though ? If I do another  ( or redo my sisters one below ) I'll try your way !

My sister has requested a specific colour scheme  ( green pink and white) so i did another january one and got my counting all wrong -with an extra space on the 4th side, tried a last minute save  by spreading out the same number of stitches in the make a square round (with less stitches per chain space ). Not sure if I can get away with it ?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
arosado
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2008 06:23:47 AM »

Your Vanna's Choice looks nice arosado!  I've been admiring the colors of her brand a lot.  Did you like working with it?

This is my first time using the Vanna's Choice I love all of the colors, and it was on sale at Joanns for $2.99 a skein so I grabbed a couple.  It was really smooth to work with and it didn't tangle.  I usually have bad luck with LionBrand yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macreede
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2008 08:27:43 AM »

I think it loks good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleah
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2008 08:43:49 AM »

I've been really liking the Vanna's Choice yarns ... I'll have to pick some of that up when I have a chance. I've been doing a couple of squares with Red Heart, and they seem to be coming out better than my Simply Soft squares. It could be that I'm finally getting the counting right, so I might redo those first two I did. Hmm ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelley
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2008 09:10:23 AM »

vanna's choice is my new favorite acrylic to work with. it is way softer than red heart and it doesn't have that sheen to it like simply soft. i don't like how simply soft is shiny like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2008 09:12:41 AM »

I wish we had those yarns over here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Lova
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2008 09:40:21 AM »

I live in a small town and I'm limited to what I can get my hands on craft supplies wise. it's driving me nuts! I guess I'm going to have to start ordering off the net for the good stuff.  I'm almost to the point of trying to learn to spin my own yarn.  Have been looking at the dog as a donor for yarn spinning. Everyone thinks I'm nuts, but I have looked in to it and I'm not the only one that has thought about this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Photos to a Frame
How to Personalize the Urban Grunge Template
How to Add a different background
How to Change the Color of a Digital Backdrop
How to Create a Sports Poster
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...