A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 146962 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2008 10:40:58 AM »

I'm so glad this is starting again! I think I got all the squares done from last year. Unfortunately, they're all sitting in a pile so I have to put them together.  They all ended up being the same amount too small (10-1/2 to 11 inches), so I'm rolling with it instead of frogging the darn things.  Thanks Horse Power!

Craftrica, if you're near Jeffrey's Bay you can say hi to my brother who is over/down there on mission work.  How freaked out would he get!  Grin
You could stitch them together and make a scarf! lol. A bit wide for a scarf though.

I am going to print this one out and hopefully work on it tonight.

How are we choosing new squares each month? Are you doing that horsepower? And if everyone gets bored with the current square will there be a second one as well for the month?
Sorry for all the questions I'm just really excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GumInMyHair
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2008 03:18:37 PM »

Eliea, I think this will answer your questions....

(original post)
Would there be any interest in starting a new monthly 12" square CAL? I'd be happy to start one on Jan 1 unless someone else had plans to do so. I was thinking of posting only one pattern each month, though. Then you could have the option of doing two the same per month if you had the time/inclination, or you could do one patterned and one plain to alternate, or you could stop at 12 squares and have a lapghan ready by next December. 

These squares are so different. It's one of the best parts of all of us working together.

Since a few of you got your square to come out right at 12", I am going to add another row. Sorry it's taking so long to post the pic, but I didn't get home from work until it was dark and I need sunlight for a decent pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2008 04:26:42 PM »

Eliea, I think this will answer your questions....

(original post)
Would there be any interest in starting a new monthly 12" square CAL? I'd be happy to start one on Jan 1 unless someone else had plans to do so. I was thinking of posting only one pattern each month, though. Then you could have the option of doing two the same per month if you had the time/inclination, or you could do one patterned and one plain to alternate, or you could stop at 12 squares and have a lapghan ready by next December. 

These squares are so different. It's one of the best parts of all of us working together.

Since a few of you got your square to come out right at 12", I am going to add another row. Sorry it's taking so long to post the pic, but I didn't get home from work until it was dark and I need sunlight for a decent pic.

Thanks that does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graciepetunia
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2008 07:10:17 PM »

ooooooo! I'm in! Full time Nursing School, full time  job, 3 kids, ........no problem. I've missed Craftster. Thanks for the motivation HP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn Ho,will work for yarn!
Craftrica

I love being out in the wild!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2008 12:07:49 AM »

Ta Daa! I did it! I first tried using the yarn on the right (Don't you just love those colours!) but you couldn't see the design of the square at all,because of all the texture, so I scrapped that.  It took less time than I thought it would!
Grieney, I'm sorry, I live really far away from Jeffrey's Bay! Lovely little town, though. Does he surf?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do not go where the path might lead - go instead where there is no path and
leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Alichka
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2008 06:26:41 AM »

I'm in!   Yay I'm excited about this, thanks for starting this up and for the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Horse Power
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2008 06:29:13 AM »

Your squares are lookin' good, guys!

I made a blog button for this if anyone wants one:
http://squirrelisknitting.blogspot.com/2008/01/photobucket.html

It's made from Kookaloo_Starr's beautiful photograph of her square, used with her kind permission.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2008 09:21:46 AM »

Your squares are lookin' good, guys!

I made a blog button for this if anyone wants one:
http://squirrelisknitting.blogspot.com/2008/01/photobucket.html

It's made from Kookaloo_Starr's beautiful photograph of her square, used with her kind permission.  Smiley

Took me forever to get it to work but I added it! My first official button for a craftalong on my blog!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunspotted
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2008 11:41:32 AM »

I'm in!  I was so tired of all my WIPs that last night I just grabbed an I hook and gave this square a shot.  It's done and quite pretty (can't find my camera at the mo) but it came out at 14 inches, so I'm debating whether to keep it or frog and re-do with an H.  I'm generally pretty close on guage, so this is weird for me. 

Anyway, I have massive quantities of red and white RHSS, so I thought I'd do a red and white lapghan.  I'm hoping for a Valentine square next month to put in the centre.  I haven't quite worked out how I'm going to have a centre with 12 squares, but I figure I have 11 months to figure it out. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008 11:42:18 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
heini
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2008 01:27:47 PM »

If I were you, I'd undo couple of rows and redo one if necessary. Last year I added or sometimes skipped rows in almost every square to make them 12".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tofu Stuffed with Cheese
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 2/3
How to Fry Soft Tofu Without Breaking Up
How to Make White Coconut Curry with Tempeh Part 1/3
Rice Cracker Crusted Tuna Appetizer Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...