A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 307,553
Currently Running With Scissors:
307 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 186
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2008 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 177487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunspotted
« Reply #1180 on: April 13, 2008 11:32:15 AM »

Thanks Esjay, is the picture colour pretty true to life?  I've seen that colour in real life (I think I used it in an afghan once) and it doesn't look how I remember.  We don't have Caron here, so I will have to wait for my next US trip to check.  Thanks again.

Esjay, I love your colour combo (seems I'm in good company).  Can you please tell me what your blue yarn is?  It looks like exactly the colour I've been searching for for my niece's afghan. 

The blue is Caron Simply Soft Brites.. the colour is Blue Mint. I love that colour!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Esjay82
« Reply #1181 on: April 13, 2008 11:43:28 AM »

Thanks Esjay, is the picture colour pretty true to life?  I've seen that colour in real life (I think I used it in an afghan once) and it doesn't look how I remember.  We don't have Caron here, so I will have to wait for my next US trip to check.  Thanks again.

Esjay, I love your colour combo (seems I'm in good company).  Can you please tell me what your blue yarn is?  It looks like exactly the colour I've been searching for for my niece's afghan. 

The blue is Caron Simply Soft Brites.. the colour is Blue Mint. I love that colour!

I think its pretty true to life.. if you look online that colour tends to look a bit more greenish.. sort of tourquoise?!  it doesn't look like it does in real life anyways. lol! Also i think it depends what colours it's next to.. i used it in a baby blanket with all sorts of different simply soft brite colours.. and i'm sure it seemed slightly different then too!

It's a shame you cant get it where you are.. where do you live? In the UK? When i was home last i was frustrated as to the serious lack of choice of yarns and price where i am from! I'm trying to start a habit of sending my friends mum (she lives where i'm from) yarn for her birthday and christmas as a pressie, Because i know she'll use it (she knits like a demon), and also if she likes it i could always get her more.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #1182 on: April 13, 2008 12:16:25 PM »

I'm in Canada.  It may be sold some places but I've never seen it.  It's ironic that the man who started Caron Spinning was my great great (three greats?, I forget) uncle yet I can't buy the yarn.  Oh well, I'm not a huge fan anyway.  It's quite splitty and I can get Bernat Satin if I want splitty.  Smiley

I'm looking for a blue to make this blanket with.  http://www.crochetnmore.com/dolphinafghansquare.htm  My niece's room is a bright, ocean-y blue and I want to do a blue and white afghan for her.  She loves dolphins. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Esjay82
« Reply #1183 on: April 13, 2008 04:27:14 PM »

Oh Sunspotted that is such a lovely idea for an afghan! Especially as she likes dolphins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grandkis
« Reply #1184 on: April 13, 2008 05:15:45 PM »

This is my April square that I have just finished/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #1185 on: April 13, 2008 05:22:50 PM »

zombiecazz, I know this is late but what is the pattern you used for the filler? The one with the brown, creme and blue? It looks so delicate.

It's Esther's Square. I found it quite a straight forward square to do. Apart fromthe first round, that took me two attempts. Embarrassed

Thanks! I'm definitely going to use it as a filler.  Smiley
Love the butterflies yellowduckie, and the colors are awesome Esjay82 and grandkis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1186 on: April 13, 2008 06:18:31 PM »

grandkis, your square looks great! Love the colors!

I still have to weave in my ends, but at least it's finished Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
jessimocha
« Reply #1187 on: April 14, 2008 06:49:55 AM »

oh grandkis, i really like those colours. the purple looks great!

and sunspotted, you can find caron at michael's, i've seen it.. though i tend to just stick with my bernat from zeller's myself. Cheesy (if by chance you're in toronto, there's a michael's in mississauga at the dixie outlet mall if you're willing to do the trek)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we will arise from the bunkers,
by land, by sea, by dirigible
we'll leave our tracks untraceable now

[and] hear all the bombs fade away...
sunspotted
« Reply #1188 on: April 14, 2008 10:22:01 AM »

Thanks jessimocha.  I'm nowhere near Toronto and the closest Michaels is 3.5 hours of driving.  Though they don't sell it either as I happened to be there last week.  Smiley

I'll find the right blue eventually and if I don't, I'll hit up some American relatives for the Caron. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 14, 2008 05:30:18 PM »

Here's mine. I went the all one color route too:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 186 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Tabletop Holiday Trees
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...