A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wedding crafts--lotsa pics!!!-- invite pics added!  (Read 28718 times)
Tags for this thread: favors , invitation  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pippacloud
« on: January 04, 2005 05:01:25 PM »

My wedding was September 5th 2004 and it was beautiful and well worth the work that went into it. I was very happy with the way everything turned out and thought I would share. Please steal ANY ideas that strike your fancy!

This was our save the date. It was a 5.5" by 8.5" cardstock postcard with the pics on one side and the info on the back. We took color photos  and held up the save the date signs at a mall photo booth, then I scanned the strips into my computer and used a photo editor to mask the signs and turn the rest of the photos black and white. i did the text portion in pagemaker then took the disk to kinkos (who I do NOT recommend) and had them print and cut the cards.

Instead of "favors" the placecards I made were mini (3x3") spiral bound memory books. they had the name, table, and food choice of the guest, and inside there was a picture of the bride and groom and instructions for a DIY wedding snap book (I had a stamp madefor the directions at iprint.com and then I stamped the inside of each book.) The pricey part was renting the sticker photo booth (see photo) so people could swap photos with other guests (and leave one in our guest book), but it was TOTALLY worth it. we also gave out pens so people could swap messages and info. So fun!

These fans were my wedding programs (used pagemaker for layout--the front and back fit on one letter sized paged so all i had to do was cut down the top and bottom, fold, round the corners, and then used a glue stick to glue the sides together with a xtra large popsicle stick (purchased online) sandwiched in the center. added a bit of ribbon and voila!

The hit of the party was definitely the crafting table! Yay crafting! I set out a variety of cards and stickers and a big glass fishbowl vase along with a sign that said "please craft a card for our guestbook." The results were spectacular and some people couldn't help themselves and went back for seconds.

Made menus using same font and style as programs and invites (will take a pic and post invites soon), fit 3 to a page (landscape), cut down and glued to a dark brown cardstock backing. toyed wih the idea of adding ribbon, or button, or stamp, but decided i like the look and ease of the plain menu.

My mom did this bouquet so I can't say how, but I think it's divine. . .

my friend made this cake, but like the bouquet, I can't not share. . .

Another semi-crafty thing-- we had a regular bar, but also two big bowls of Sangria-type punches (one with white wine chock full of pears and peaches and a more traditional red and orange one). I found tons of recipes on the internet and had the caterer do variations of the best.

NOTE: This was a labor of love and took hours and hours of time even with the help of friends. It probably would have taken less time if I had been better at delegating tasks. Regardless, if you don't love the pure please of doing this kind of stuff and seeing the fruits of your labor you should probably choose one or two things to hand-make (instead of EVERY LITTLE THING like I did). That being said, I would do it again.

I will post invite soon. If you have questions feel free to ask. Oh, all the very pretty papers came from paper source. I adore paper source. paper-source.com (I think)

EDIT: INVITE POSTED BELOW:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009 04:04:55 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana. -groucho marx
clurr
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005 05:09:24 PM »

i want my wedding to be like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

do the chickens have large talons?
rainbowmeow
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005 05:09:59 PM »

Ohhh... everything is so pretty and cute and interesting!  (I am a huge sucker for wedding things) I think I might steal the wedding date thing... it's so cool!  Well... I'll steal it for someday.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005 05:10:57 PM »

oh, wow, I can't believe you did all of that!  I particuarly love the save the date card...  so cute!  and the memory books look so fun.  did you have them professionally spiral bound, or did you somehow do it yourselves?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grrr betsy
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005 05:12:58 PM »

this is so incredibly beautiful, fun, creative and original. i wish i had been there. i wish i can do something like this when my time come around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Betsy
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005 05:14:44 PM »

Wow, everything looks great.  You really went to a lot of work putting everything together.  I love the idea of the photo booth!  I  hope you and your hubby have a long, happy, and healthy life together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinafish
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005 05:27:27 PM »

i recently got engaged. (xmas eve)...this post is perfect timing for me! i've been bit by the wedding bug because i can't stop thinking of all the things i want to plan and make! thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful wedding crafts! everything looks absolutely wonderful! i would have loved to attend your wedding!! ...and that cake! AHH! too perfect!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchedprincess
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005 07:13:31 PM »

I'm going to steal some-if not all-of your ideas when I get married. You're a genius with the memory books! And congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blue_skiesMN
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005 08:24:30 PM »

Awesome. LOVE the invites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005 08:47:21 PM »

I love your wedding!!! Can I just ask how horribly expensive the photo booth was, my boyfriend & I have actually discussed doing that, just curious! Thanks & amazing job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Monster Puppet Head
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth Board
How to Make a Monster Puppet Mouth
How to Make a Monster Puppet Tongue
What Trace Is in Soap Making
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...