A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kleenex Cozies ***Tut added for 2 tone cozies pg 3***  (Read 22877 times)
Tags for this thread: kleenex_cozy , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jenna_08
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008 01:52:54 PM »

That is very true!  I will surely try again, with some modifications!  Even my bf thought it was a great idea!  Thanks again!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplenotions86
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008 02:08:37 PM »

These are so chic! You are a genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sanity8080
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008 04:36:34 PM »

These are soooo cool...I'm gonna try my hand at making them....maybe make up a set for my team at work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity, Working Mom to my Kindergarten Princess, and Loving Wife to Silver, the only man who completes my soul.

My Etsy Shop
Buns
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2008 09:03:07 AM »

Okay I feel like an idiot.  I am totally new to sewing but I thought I could handle this.  I ended up with a long, thin tube which was totally stuffed with seams.  LOL!  It was so far wrong, I could not believe it. 

HOWEVER, I think I may know the problem after looking at the tut again.  In the last step, when you fold the sides over and overlap a little bit, then you're supposed to sew down the sides.  I sewed parallel to the slit opening - I sewed the long way.  Looking at the placement of the pins, though, was I supposed to sew the short way - the two shorter ends perpendicular to the opening?

I know this is supposed to be logical, but I think it's hard to imagine how things work out when you're new to something. 

Help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenna_08
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2008 10:19:57 AM »

Hey Buns! 

Yes that is correct... sew down the short sides, then you should be able to flip it out of the slit that was overlaped a little bit, and put in your kleenex!  It works... i had to try a few times but now mine look great!  Keep on trying... i am new too so i feel your pain.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2008 05:27:57 PM »

Okay I feel like an idiot.  I am totally new to sewing but I thought I could handle this.  I ended up with a long, thin tube which was totally stuffed with seams.  LOL!  It was so far wrong, I could not believe it. 

HOWEVER, I think I may know the problem after looking at the tut again.  In the last step, when you fold the sides over and overlap a little bit, then you're supposed to sew down the sides.  I sewed parallel to the slit opening - I sewed the long way.  Looking at the placement of the pins, though, was I supposed to sew the short way - the two shorter ends perpendicular to the opening?

I know this is supposed to be logical, but I think it's hard to imagine how things work out when you're new to something. 

Help!

Hey Buns - please post a pic when you get it done, I am new to sewing also and this was one of the first things I started with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maryanns66
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2008 04:32:56 PM »

Everyone made some adorable cozies and I've read all seven pages of comments. It's been a fun thread to read and learn from. Great job everyone! Other day I watched Martha Stewart and a lady made one from ultra suede. Basically she cut the suede, and stitched the ends, then use decorative scissors to trim each end near the stitching. I've not tried one yet, but they looked like they would be very quick and easy. Of course, on TV everything looks 'quick and easy'. Smiley
Thanks everyone for sharing your tips and tuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2008 02:50:14 AM »

I LOVE THESE. I was just thinking the other day I wanted a cute thing to put my kleenex in, for the house, car and purse. I hate paying more for the plastic ones that get beat up and you never can use again. SO pretty much YEAH i love it. ALSO YOU're awesome for doing the tute. i think you did a great job on it. No need to worry about that at all Smiley great pics and instructions. k, gotta go make some Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
HopeF
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2008 06:52:30 PM »

I love this tutorial.  I'm new to sewing also.  I had to keep looking at the tutorial but once I was able to comprehend(yeah I need a light bulb to go off) it was like yeah!!!!  I've made 2 so far and plan on making a lot more.  Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you!

Hope
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2008 08:56:27 PM »

These are really cute, thanks for the tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 9/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 3/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 4/5
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 7/16
How to Crochet a Granny Square Blanket Part 8/16
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...