A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kitty Harness  (Read 4208 times)
Tags for this thread: cat_harness , cat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007 01:27:33 AM »

When I am a little less lazy I will make him a collar to wear permanently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

newyorkdoll
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008 01:11:34 AM »

Awww he is such a cute little baby. The poor thing, I'm so glad you found him. Most cats hate tape, so you can use double sided tape on anything you don't want him going near or around. They sell it specifically for keeping cats from clawing or climbing or wandering where they should't, I think it's called Sticky Paws.
And my kitten Cosmo would REFUSE to wear something like that, much less walk him. I wish I could! Your kitten is so cute, and the harness is great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
the_christine
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008 02:20:36 AM »

Very cute, great harness design!  If you get him used to it now and are consistent, then he will be able to walk happily on a leash as an adult kitty.  (good luck getting an adult cat to wear a harness though!)

I have volunteered at a couple of different cat shelters for year as an adoption counselor.  For tiny babies it's always a good idea to keep them confined to a room or two at first, until they get bigger (like too big to get lost behind the fridge).  Otherwise see if you can barricade the fridge or at least the kitchen. 

I just started typing out a novel about raising kittens and then realized how OT it was.  If you want info on raising a good kitty, here's a website with some resources including info on kitten proofing your house! http://www.meowcatrescue.org/resources.html

Get him to your vet if you haven't already to make sure he doesn't have anything nasty like worms!  And once he's big enough get him neutered!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008 09:33:19 PM »

Very cute, great harness design!  If you get him used to it now and are consistent, then he will be able to walk happily on a leash as an adult kitty.  (good luck getting an adult cat to wear a harness though!)

I have volunteered at a couple of different cat shelters for year as an adoption counselor.  For tiny babies it's always a good idea to keep them confined to a room or two at first, until they get bigger (like too big to get lost behind the fridge).  Otherwise see if you can barricade the fridge or at least the kitchen. 

I just started typing out a novel about raising kittens and then realized how OT it was.  If you want info on raising a good kitty, here's a website with some resources including info on kitten proofing your house! http://www.meowcatrescue.org/resources.html

Get him to your vet if you haven't already to make sure he doesn't have anything nasty like worms!  And once he's big enough get him neutered!

He was too small to be medicated for worms when we first got him so we are waiting for him gain a little weight... I don't start my new job till next week so he wont be goin in till me next paycheck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sea_of_pain
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008 02:12:08 PM »

great harness!!
as for the fridge....use something sticky (not glue traps!!!!) like contact paper turned sticky side up, cats hate walking on sticky things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PegasusMarsters
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008 11:06:25 PM »

That's awesome and your kitty is a real cutie. He reminds me of my Tigger when he was growing up. Aww! ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 stuffies, cute things and anything totally rad.

Add me on messenger if you wanna talk ^.^
*Lynn
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008 12:28:02 PM »

Aww he is so cute! He looks just like my kittys when they were wee, we got them at 6/7 weeks so they were tiny!

Making the harness is such a good idea, I was worried that one i made it wouldnt hold up to them jumping around so i bought 2, the female kitten still fits into the kitten harness while the male is a big beast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008 11:44:48 PM »

The little bugger has allready outgrown his harness so I gotta make him a new one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La_Exotique
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2008 07:40:35 PM »

lmfao i attempted one before and this is what it turned out like

my cat hates me putting it on but after i walk with her outside, she loves it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008 09:57:03 PM »

Seems everyone around here has a cute black kitty Grin

I saw those X harnesses but I was kinda worried that he would wriggle out of it... is it super secure?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diane Kruger Shows Major Midriff and More from the Prabal Gurung Dinner
Styling Tips For Great Gatsby Hair Accessories
Trend Alert: Cut Outs
Get Inspired by Nature for Your Summer Wardrobe
Sienna Miller Looks Summery and Sweet in a Seafoam Dress
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...