A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: show us your backs!  (Read 12368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carlyleech
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005 07:34:35 PM »

why is this so interesting???  i have no idea but i'm intrigued!!!   Roll Eyes   Connie-Bo-Bonnie... i think your flower is adorable - front AND back!  as you will all see, i jump all over the place with no concern for how the backs of my embroidered stuff look!  it's enough to worry about the front!   i'm far too lazy!  whoopie!   i've never figured out the picture thing so i'll link you to my online album.  see #5, 6, 7, and 8.  by the way, all the patterns are Sublime Stitching   Shocked  http://janeuardo.tripod.com/album/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005 07:42:58 PM by janeuardo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak."
                  -James Russell Lowell
connie149th
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005 02:48:41 PM »

awww...shucks...tha nks janeuardo  Grin, you made me feel so great when you said that! your embroidery work and BACKS look awesome too! i especially liiked your T-Shirt design, it came out so nice and even! i need to do something like that for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessterri
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005 04:26:41 PM »

Jenny:  is that the back to your Marianne Faithful portrait?  I was looking at on your site -- it's amazing.  What stitch did you use for her hair?  I thought it might be a stem stitch but then again.....
terri

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuluB
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005 06:42:04 AM »

i was secretly waiting to see the back of one of ms. jenny hart's pieces. 

proof that maybe the neatness of the back doesn't matter that much after all.

still, if you have any tips share them.  if you don't, no worries, just show your backs!

more backs please!
erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005 11:41:09 PM »

And now for the moment of truth...

Please look away now if you scare easily! Wink

This is the back for this piece -- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=23226.0

In my defence, it did look much neater before I added all the really fine blue thread last -- I didn't want to knot that, as it was so fine it would have been pointless, so I just left big long tails to be safe...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005 11:43:12 PM by crumpet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

carlyleech
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005 01:32:10 PM »

And now for the moment of truth...

Please look away now if you scare easily! Wink

crumpet... your back rocks!   it looks like a work of art in itself!!!   (the front is trs cool, too....)   thanks for sharing      Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A grass-blade's no easier to make than an oak."
                  -James Russell Lowell
eyesalight
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005 05:59:19 PM »

Hi,

Funny this thread appeared at the same time as a back question I have Smiley

I'm about to finish a really trad cutesy cross stitch and I'll post the back, but it got me wondering in cross stitch how long do you have to skip before you are officially travelling? I mean theres random stitches here and there and it seems such a waste to just stitch one stitch...I just got curious about what the old ladies would say about the proper way to do it? The instructions said that I shouldn't be skipping more than 1 inch, but to me that actually seems a lot ...

Any ideas? I mean it's not as if I'll do it but it's interesting to know.

Also that embroidery is so cool!!! I have to do something (small to suit me attention span) from the sublime stitching catalogue - you are so inspirational sublimestitcher!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is better when you're avoiding other things
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005 08:35:48 PM »

What a great thread. No pun intended. I've looked at the back of my work so many times, and felt in a weird way that it reavealed the hard work more than the front! Gosh, if you wanted to see the back of my work you only had to ask.  Roll Eyes

Crump, I just came across the Wayne piece on the Supernaturale boards. What can I say, it's amazing! It's really nice to be the subject of someone else's work.

The hair on the Marianne Faithfull portrait is just a split stitch. For me, if I have to travel more than 2 inches, I'll cut the floss. And I like to feel free working on it and don't like to stop each and every time I need to come to an end..

More! I want to see more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005 07:14:36 AM »

This is great! I will have to get a pic of the back of one of mine later today. I think I am more in line with the "don't care what the back looks like" crowd, except on the hankie I am working on now, since most of my projects are the type where the back isn't seen.

Jenny, no insult intended, but I think it is hilarious that the back of yours looks so awful! I expected to see something polished and perfected (as the front of your work) so I just laughed when I saw the threads going everywhere...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
LuluB
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005 05:55:56 AM »

i just made this blanket for my friend's new baby.  here's the back:

and the front:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Chris Brown
How to Draw Cleveland Brown Sr. From The Cleveland Show
How to Draw Devyn from Maximum Ride
How to Draw Dorothy from Dorothy of Oz
AOL Motion Canvas: Rezeption
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...