A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kittens, butterflies, dino's & bee kids oh my! ridiculously image obese  (Read 2823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NeedleMonkey
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007 11:20:50 AM »

Oh these are the cutest things ever!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007 02:57:18 PM »

I feel dumb cuz these look crocheted but someone said they were knitted...  Huh  Anyway, I can do both so I have to buy a pattern now!! I just can't decide which one... Hmmm...so many to choose from. *squeal*  These are flippin' adorable!!  Aren't you the person that made these to memorialize your Halloween costumes from your childhood??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
*Owly*
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007 03:44:45 PM »

Heather29- the yarn I used for the tan faces is all the same, just depending on the lighting it photographs differently in the images, it's TLC's Cotton Plus in Tan, I like that color better than any other tan I've ever found, and I've been searching for a similar color in wool which is my yarn of choice to work with (and then I could try felting them too!).  The yarn for the faces for the paler dolls is Lion Brand wool ease in Fisherman, but I think it's too pale, it turns out a lot pastier than I'd anticipated, but I just bought some Cascade 220 from my LYS to try another face color in 8021 which is beige-ish, but in between the cotton plus tan and the lion brand fisherman.

spurtiic- don't feel dumb- they are crocheted, I figured everyone would know it since it was posted in crochet Wink and yup! I'm the one who was doing it originally to memorialize my sister's and my Halloween costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging at Owlishly, photos at Flickr, and all my patterns at Owlishly and my Ravelry store
Heather29
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007 04:52:15 PM »

Heather29- the yarn I used for the tan faces is all the same, just depending on the lighting it photographs differently in the images, it's TLC's Cotton Plus in Tan, I like that color better than any other tan I've ever found, and I've been searching for a similar color in wool which is my yarn of choice to work with (and then I could try felting them too!).  The yarn for the faces for the paler dolls is Lion Brand wool ease in Fisherman, but I think it's too pale, it turns out a lot pastier than I'd anticipated, but I just bought some Cascade 220 from my LYS to try another face color in 8021 which is beige-ish, but in between the cotton plus tan and the lion brand fisherman.

spurtiic- don't feel dumb- they are crocheted, I figured everyone would know it since it was posted in crochet Wink and yup! I'm the one who was doing it originally to memorialize my sister's and my Halloween costumes.

Thank you! I'm heading to Michael's tonight so I'll have to see what I can find!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zebrafish Book Trailer
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Viognier Vendetta
Meet Media Personality Tavis Smiley
Sarah Beth Durst Talks About Enchanted Ivy
Daniel Yergin Talks About The Prize
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...