A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first-ever recon - PREPARE YOURSELF FOR ZIM!!!  (Read 2247 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« on: December 19, 2007 01:29:54 PM »

Be nice - I've never had to take pictures of a shirt while it was on me. Cheesy

This started out huge and cost me a buck at a garage sale.
I bought it when I had first found Craftster, so I was like "yeah! I can make this smaller! I have the technology!". Surprisingly, it wasn't that hard.

Me trying to get a picture of the whole shirt in one of my roommates' mirrors. It turned out blurry, but hopefully it gives you an idea of the fit of the shirt. It looks a little small since when I reconned it like a year ago I was a 36C and now I'm a 34D.  Embarrassed

A somewhat decent picture of the graphic on the shirt and the neckline. I don't really glow in the dark, my camera just has a bad flash and I'm pale.

A picture of under my arm. Cheesy I wanted to show off the neat stitching (I impressed myself for my first time on a sewing machine) and also the awesome fact that the neon green (!!!) thread I used kind of peeks through the seam since it obviously doesn't blend. I just noticed the original arm seams don't match up, but, erm...I don't care.

A picture of my favorite part of the shirt - I screwed up that side and was just like "meh, some safety pins will fix it". Unintentionally punk. Cheesy The back isn't normally flipped up like that, it just does that sometimes.

And a picture of my awesome belt, 'cuz I CAN. Cheesy

Thanks for looking! You guys are awesome at what you do and I am honored to be posting on this board.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 01:31:42 PM by instantkarma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Luna1375
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007 02:27:18 PM »

You know what I love the most?  Your whole attitude, not being all perfectionist about it and making the errors into something cool.  You're inspiring me to be more free, because I'm such a perfectionist now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can totally buy stuff I make!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyluna  Smiley
claraohara
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007 03:29:57 PM »

Oh I want one!!
I loooove Invader Zim!
Pity its pretty much impossible to find any merch in Aus and buying on ebay can get just a bit too expensive!
You did a great job-the fit looks reallly good!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog full of food, fun, photography and every craft I attempt:
Blogginess
Smiley
instantkarma
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007 05:06:01 PM »

You know what I love the most?  Your whole attitude, not being all perfectionist about it and making the errors into something cool.  You're inspiring me to be more free, because I'm such a perfectionist now. 

Awww, thanks! *blush* I figure that since I'm a newbie to pretty much all the crafts I do, I won't be able to get things perfect anyway, so I might as well just have fun with it and not stress over it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmuffcake

Attached to Matt with E600.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007 09:52:33 PM »

Cool. I really dig your seat belt buckle. I ahve one to. I wear mine because my sister was killed in a car accident and want to remind everyone to buckle up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
aney
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007 12:39:19 AM »

Great T! Zim rules!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
kalihix
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007 09:10:28 AM »

I want that honda belt!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talihina_sky

Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007 10:49:34 AM »

You know what I love the most?  Your whole attitude, not being all perfectionist about it and making the errors into something cool. 

I agree! I think it's a great attitude to have when you get into something new. I was the same way when I made my first reconstruction. (Not like I've made a ton or anything.) Who cares if it's not perfect - you made the frickin' thing! That's more than most people can say.

The neon green thread is sweet. And your icon cracks me up. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* My Wists     
* Do you have old magazines laying around that you want to get rid of? I'd love to use them! Send me a PM.
instantkarma
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007 01:44:37 PM »

You know what I love the most?  Your whole attitude, not being all perfectionist about it and making the errors into something cool. 

I agree! I think it's a great attitude to have when you get into something new. I was the same way when I made my first reconstruction. (Not like I've made a ton or anything.) Who cares if it's not perfect - you made the frickin' thing! That's more than most people can say.

The neon green thread is sweet. And your icon cracks me up. Smiley

That was my feeling exactly! "Heck yeah, I made a shirt! Wooo!".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeychild1212
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007 05:30:16 PM »

A DOLLAR???

Sell it without sewing it and it would cost quite a pretty penny. Hot Topic sells IZ (Invader Zim) stuff for like... too much. I bought my jacket for $40.

Lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Non-Messy Easter Kids Crafts
Creative Alternatives to Pumpkin Carving
Mom Hacks: Chalk Eggs
Creative Easter Centerpieces
How to Make Marbled Easter Eggs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...