A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journalling Bad Stuff  (Read 480 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phebee
« on: December 18, 2007 08:51:29 AM »

So here's the thing... when I'm journaling, if I journal bad stuff I always end up ripping it out of my journal when I'm feeling a bit better.

I read on another thread about someone who has two journals, one for good stuff and one for bad stuff which seemed like a nice idea but I'd prefer it if everything was in one journal but separated somehow.

The ideas I had were
1) To punch holes through the pages near the back of my journal and tie them together with a ribbon. That way, I wouldn't have to look at them when I'm in a bad mood  Tongue
2) To make an envelope (out of a magazine or something) and put the pages near the back in it.

Any other ideas of how I could do this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007 05:51:51 AM »

Depending on the kind of notebook you use, you can get one with 2 sections. I just wrote the ribbon idea until I realized you already said that-HAHA.  Short term memory kicking in!

Some experts say that writing when you're angry and ripping the bad pages out when you're sad is a subconscious relief of the problems.  Some people even burn the pages.  However, if you keep the bad stuff, someday you can reread it and learn from it.

The envelope sounds like a good idea, also, but you won't want 20 envelopes filled, bulking the thing up. 

A tip while writing bad stuff...try to write at least one good thing during your bad spell.  It can lead to a whole new personal growth development and it can help resolve the problem at hand.

Other than that, I'd say the two sections is your best bet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
calluna
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007 11:29:42 PM »

I really agree with lovelyxmalia.
I love the ribbon idea, or using a glue stick on the outer edge. You could also try keeping a journal with looseleaf paper, like a 3-ring binder, and having another binder that can be zipped or closed up, so you could remove the "bad" pages from your journaling binder and put them in there, to be dealt with sometime in the future. If there's horribly embarassing stuff mixed in with good stuff, you can either cut out the bad portion of the page with an exacto knife or cover those lines with a Magic Marker.
There's something therapeutic about ripping out journal pages, though, when you've emptied out your dark side on them...While destroying these pages can definitely be a way to help release yourself from the emotions and problems you've written about (it's been great for me at times), reading them later (a year or more after you write them) can show you how you've grown since then, more than practically any other form of measurement. For me, it's also one of the only ways to catch patterns of behavior, triggers, or thought that play out in the bad times.

Also, it would be really interesting to read something written in a good time and a bad time, on the same topic, to observe how you think differently in these different times (I'm not asking to read it, I'm encouraging you to do that with yourself). We have to be aware of ourselves to make deep changes, and denying or forgetting our "shadow" keeps us from seeing ourselves clearly. So do what you need to do to hold onto at least the memory of those pages! They do have value!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Recycle Your Electric Toothbrush as a Facial Exfoliator
Cucumber Green Tea Puffy Eye Pads
How to Make a Red Wine Facial
A Day in the Life of Madeline Poole, Celebrity Nail Artist
Big Stars And Baby Bumps At Opening Of Wallis Annenberg Center
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...