A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sewing gifts for b-day parties - I have anxiety!  (Read 3926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessvict
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007 11:43:11 AM »

What about poppets, look in the craftalong and you'll see the thread for a poppetalong. They are really cute and you can dress them in so many different ways, or make them to look like whoever you are making them for. Best of all the person that started the thread gives you the free pattern to make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkfizz77
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007 04:30:40 PM »

I think bunting flags with the kid's name would be SO stinking cute!! Here is an example of the crayon roll I was talking about (with a tut): http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/
Jenny

oh my they are a great idea, would come in handy for my 12 year old to stop her losing them all at school
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DRivero

I'm just your basic world-class Samantha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007 11:53:59 PM »

Veg, I'm coming in late (big surprise there), but I do have a suggestion for the boys' gifts: luchador (Mexican wrestling) masks.  The twins that live next door to me have been begging me for about two years to make them masks, but I've never been able to find a pattern.  I've even asked on Craftster, but i still haven't found one that's quite right.  With your talent, I'll bet you can figure it out easy-peasy.  I'm telling you, the neighbor boys are PLEADING me to make one for them; they just love wrestling (although it just dawned on me-- maybe wrestling's not so popular way up North, huh?)  What about fabric hockey goalie masks with the local team's logo?  Wait, then they'd look like Jason from Friday the 13th.  That's a bad thing, right?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye; then hey, free eyeball!
SpottedFrog
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007 07:30:22 AM »

Awww, being so close to Mexico I can get wrestling masks at the flea market- run about $10 each and they are leather...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magpie0816
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2007 05:38:54 AM »

Had to peek in here...<brief rant> I AM a blond mom who occasionally wears heels to work - and yes, I do work full time AND still make all the same crafty goodness everyone here does (tho, I don't drive an SUV nor do I live on my cell). I guess I am not sure I think it is fair to judge - on either side of the road. Ppl think I am a grade A weirdo on both side of the table...but when you really get to know a person, we all basically have the same fears and doubts - mostly of ourselves and how we appear to others. I am constantly amazed at the ppl I meet when I a. open my mouth and meet them and 2. keep an open mind. </brief rant>

I love all the ideas here...and am taking notes Smiley My son is only 15 months but I would love to make some gifts for the other kids at his daycare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a Kind Fused Glass Jewelry
Shop Dye Lot Collective http://www.dyelotcollective.etsy.com
http://www.dyelotcollective.com
SpottedFrog
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2007 09:54:23 AM »

Nah, I understand, I know from my posts I probably look pretty laid back. I like trendy clothes, politically I'm very conservative & I drive a big SUV (it's a hand me down, and yes I really have towed a travel trailer and a cattle trailer with it, I frequently drive on dirt roads and across pastures).  Like you I don't fit in either group very well also- I don't let it get to me Wink

Many of us on this page are moms, we all like making stuff, we all like sharing our thoughts & ideas about making stuff- that's enough for me:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NLJ
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2007 10:27:45 AM »

I think you should make hooded bath towels.  They have patterns for ducks, frogs and lots of other animals.  I think any preschooler would like one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magpie0816
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2007 11:25:19 AM »

Like you I don't fit in either group very well also- I don't let it get to me Wink
Many of us on this page are moms, we all like making stuff, we all like sharing our thoughts & ideas about making stuff- that's enough for me:)

True that Penlowe Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a Kind Fused Glass Jewelry
Shop Dye Lot Collective http://www.dyelotcollective.etsy.com
http://www.dyelotcollective.com
AudreyB
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2007 07:18:12 PM »

Greetings!

I have 3 boys (and 2 girls) and thought I could offer some ideas for boys.

Things my boys have enjoyed:

Capes - and more capes or cloaks (I have fabric to make a LOTR one for oldest DS).
Crowns - Metallic lame on one side, soft flannel on other; velcro to close.
Possibilities bag - name is from bag that Lewis and Clark expidition used -- basically a messenger bag
Belts to carry swords, etc.
Vest - cowboy or plain with a bandana
Fringe pants - mountain man or Indian
Spats - made to look like boots

Hope that gives some more boy ideas (my girls are younger so I'm still learning what they like).

Blessings,
AudreyB
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StookeyDough
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007 11:17:27 PM »

I don't know what girl wouldn't like a homemade tutu or twirly dress.  I think that's a fantastic idea.  Heck, I'd take a twirly dress at age 17!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Aubrey Plaza Cosmo Dor Latinas Cover Shoot
NYFW Behind the Scenes: Makeup Trends
Celebrity Home Beauty Treatments
What to Pack For Beautiful Skin On and Off the Plane
Kim Kardashian to Release Weight Loss Book
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...