A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WHERE can I find this yarn???  (Read 487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bijou_raoul
« on: December 16, 2007 07:27:32 AM »

A couple of years ago I bought some lovely yarn called "Peru DK". I don't know who makes it because the ball bands have long since been discarded, but it's a merino/alpaca/silk blend and it is absolutely luscious. I've used the yarn to make a sweater which I am now planning to frog because I never really liked the way it fit me and I want to make something much nicer out of it. Problem is, I don't think I'll have enough to make the sweater I want to make and I'd like to have some extra on hand just in case.

When I originally bought the yarn, I found it at A.C. Moore. Then I moved, and the A.C. Moore where I currently live does not carry this yarn at all. I also checked on acmoore.com with no success. It must be quite an obscure yarn since I can't seem to find any info on it when I try googling, though I find it very hard to believe since it is so lovely. If anyone has any suggestions at all as to where I can find some more of this fabulous yarn, I will be eternally grateful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atroxsilentium
Stefunny

A walk-in closet full of yarn isn't TOO much...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007 09:15:48 AM »

Is this it?

http://www.euroyarns.com/knitpatterns.asp?manu=Sirdar&yarn=Peru&prodid=5505&prodtype=yarn&detail=no

If so, you can click on the link at the top right corner to locate a store that sells the brand.

AC Moore is notorious (at least in my area) to spontaneously stop carrying things.. and their website doesn't come close to showing the in-store yarn selection. Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madgirl66
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007 08:50:42 PM »

bijou_raoul,
I had the same problem a few months ago. Another great craftster, yarnknotzi, used to work for A.C Moore, in charge of ordering yarn, and she pointed me toward Queensland Collection Uruguay DK. Exact same yarn!!!
 I had only a few skeins each of the olive, ecru, and a gorgeous burgundy. From the littleknits website, I managed to buy enough to get myself a total of 10 balls of each color, and in matching dye lots!
At $2.99 each, you can't beat it. Look at other online yarn suppliers, too, and remember to make the minimum order, if there is a required dollar amount.

Here's the link to the littleknits page: http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=500

Good luck!
~Shanda

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Could you tell me...why you got a dead man with an arm missing in your boot?
   Hey, George...is that a tea cosy on his head?
~Snatch

Simon: How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: ...If I kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
~Firefly
bijou_raoul
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007 04:15:14 AM »

bijou_raoul,
I had the same problem a few months ago. Another great craftster, yarnknotzi, used to work for A.C Moore, in charge of ordering yarn, and she pointed me toward Queensland Collection Uruguay DK. Exact same yarn!!!
 I had only a few skeins each of the olive, ecru, and a gorgeous burgundy. From the littleknits website, I managed to buy enough to get myself a total of 10 balls of each color, and in matching dye lots!
At $2.99 each, you can't beat it. Look at other online yarn suppliers, too, and remember to make the minimum order, if there is a required dollar amount.

Here's the link to the littleknits page: http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=500

Good luck!
~Shanda

That's exactly what I was looking for! I had looked on littleknits before but didn't realize it had a different name. But the ball band is exactly what mine looked like. And they even have it in the color that I want Smiley

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About “Lullaby Spring” by Damien Hirst
How to Understand And Use The Art Color Wheel
How to Apply Red Venetian Plaster
The Art of Body Painting
How to draw Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...