A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sequin X-mas Ornaments  (Read 5211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fizzgiggly

Women who behave rarely make history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007 04:41:06 PM »

Ok, having difficulty finding sequins, and when I do they're not the color that I want.  Could you tell me where you found the multicolored ones?  The ones you used in the second, fifth and sixth ornaments.    They are so gorgeous and I want to get a jump start for next year. Smiley  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mansonette
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007 09:38:50 PM »

Ok, having difficulty finding sequins, and when I do they're not the color that I want.  Could you tell me where you found the multicolored ones?  The ones you used in the second, fifth and sixth ornaments.    They are so gorgeous and I want to get a jump start for next year. Smiley  Thanks!

Those 'peacocky' looking sequins are actually from Joann's $1 section.  I don't know if all of their stores are set up the same, or similar, but it wasn't the dollar section by the checkout.  It was the dollar section back by the cutting counter.  I think I am going to have to go back and get more because I have only a few left!  Oh...and the package is kind of a multi pack.  There are a couple bigger ones mixed in with them, which you could use for something else. 
Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fizzgiggly

Women who behave rarely make history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007 10:24:21 AM »

Those 'peacocky' looking sequins are actually from Joann's $1 section.  I don't know if all of their stores are set up the same, or similar, but it wasn't the dollar section by the checkout.  It was the dollar section back by the cutting counter.  I think I am going to have to go back and get more because I have only a few left!  Oh...and the package is kind of a multi pack.  There are a couple bigger ones mixed in with them, which you could use for something else. 
Hope this helps.

Thank you thank you!  Went to Joann's today, saw sequins in the dollar section, rifled through them all, and saw none. Sad  Went back to the "clearance" dollar section and they had 3 packages left, marked down to $.50 each.  Grabbed all three of course!  I wish they'd make this sequin color all year long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mansonette
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007 03:25:23 PM »

Hope this helps.

Thank you thank you!  Went to Joann's today, saw sequins in the dollar section, rifled through them all, and saw none. Sad  Went back to the "clearance" dollar section and they had 3 packages left, marked down to $.50 each.  Grabbed all three of course!  I wish they'd make this sequin color all year long!
Crazy.  I went on Monday hoping there would be some left and was sad to find none...but then I also went to the clearance section and found 3 packages for 50 cents!!!  Awesome!  I'm glad you got some too! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007 10:44:04 AM »

hello,  Beautiful, gorgeous ornaments - is that ribbon in the middle?  I didn't think the smooth foam balls were available at JoAnn's.   catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
mansonette
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007 10:16:02 AM »

hello,  Beautiful, gorgeous ornaments - is that ribbon in the middle?  I didn't think the smooth foam balls were available at JoAnn's.   catdaddytn

Yeah it is ribbon.  It is some I got cut by the yard because by the spool ribbons usually aren't as detailed.

I have looked at every local craft shop here and Joann is the only place I have found the smooth styrofoam balls.  I have looked at Joann, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Wisconsin Craft Market.  I hope you can find them locally somewhere by you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raggedyandy
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008 06:27:52 AM »

Very nicely done, I am still trying to finish up a few that I started and didn't quite have the time to finish, but that's O>K> I love making them and could make Christmas Decorations all year around,    Thanks for the Inspiration, I never thought of doing a two toned Zig-Zag design  Theyr Great     Peace & Light Andy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yonorris14
I love to hear my sewing machine hummmm

Inherited the crafting curse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009 07:38:13 AM »

Oh so beautiful!!  I want to make these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Inspiration exists, it just has to find you working." - Picasso

www.abernathycrafts.com
nerdyhippy
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009 04:11:23 PM »

I knew a woman who made ornaments like those, but instead of styrofoam balls she used actual christmas ornaments that were made of styrofoam. Like it was a styrofoam ball wrapped in a colored thread, I haven't seen them in years. But yeah, she used those so that she didn't have to cover the whole thing in and some color could show through.

When I was younger and had free time I used blue ornaments like that and made political globes out of sequins. They were a big hit with hippies and geography professors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
National Donut Day: Origin of the Donut
Classic Game Room - FLEURY FLAKES Breakfast Cereal Review
Classic Southern Pimento Cheese Recipe
Crab Cakes Recipe
Food Network Star Dishes on Dirty Restaurants
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...