A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sequin X-mas Ornaments  (Read 4630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007 09:28:20 AM »

I bought some supplies to try this out at my local Joanns. The only sequin pins they had were 1/2" in a box of 350 for $2.59. And only one size of smooth balls, and a very limited selection of sequins. But it's a starting point!
Same here! I grabbed my supplies at JoAnn's.. no sequin pins, but the lady said she just used regular pins.. anyway I ran out of sequins half way thru Roll Eyes So I have to go back and get more to finish this one ornament. I think I'll make more too as last minute gifts.. they're just so darn cute! Thanks for the idea!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
anette_oslo
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007 10:47:27 AM »

a really good idea, and yours are really beautiful. they look like something bought at an expensive boutique. i really like your design with the ribbon in the middle. i will try something like this for next year. thanks for sharing Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mansonette
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007 07:58:54 PM »

Thank you!

I'm glad I could give others the creative spark.  I'd love to see any finished ornaments you guys make!!

I got some more ribbon and am going to try a couple more designs.  I'll post when I'm finished too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mansonette
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007 08:04:12 PM »

I bought some supplies to try this out at my local Joanns. The only sequin pins they had were 1/2" in a box of 350 for $2.59. And only one size of smooth balls, and a very limited selection of sequins. But it's a starting point!
Same here! I grabbed my supplies at JoAnn's.. no sequin pins, but the lady said she just used regular pins.. anyway I ran out of sequins half way thru Roll Eyes So I have to go back and get more to finish this one ornament. I think I'll make more too as last minute gifts.. they're just so darn cute! Thanks for the idea!!!!!
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u309/craftstersal/PC160002.jpg[/img]
Your ornament is looking good so far.  It looks like you are putting the sequins on so the edges stick up.  That is an interesting look.  I may have to try that too.  I did all of mine so they were contouring to the styrofoam.

I also have seen people make these and put a seed bead on the pin first before sticking the sequin down so it is kind of spiny all over.  I may try that too. 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007 09:19:39 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fizzgiggly

Women who behave rarely make history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007 07:24:41 AM »

These are beautiful.  I had starting making this with my students, and had some left over sequins and pins in my classroom.  I started making one myself, and picked up a trick:  Don't have lotion on your hands while picking up sequins!  I'm going to have to pull out what I've done because I don't like how cloudy they looks with my fingerprints. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seamshistoric
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007 08:25:34 PM »

Here's mine! It's going to be a present for my manager... undeserving that he is  Grin Tongue Apparently his daughter took all the xmas ornaments when she moved out... so here's something to start him off again:

and a view of it on a (fake) tree:

you can't see the detail too well, but there is gold ribbon in the middle, gold diamonds in the red base, and a 'wreath' of green on each end, centered by more red.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007 08:33:35 PM »

I have to get myself to JoAnns one of these days! Next years idea banked. Thanks!
Beautiful job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
mansonette
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007 08:42:31 PM »

I think yours is beautiful!!  I know your manager will love it!
It looks like you've got it pretty down pat.

I've had people at my work asking me for days now how I did it and what I used so they could recreate them also.  We've found a gem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sheila
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007 12:06:55 PM »

I knew a woman who made ornaments like those, but instead of styrofoam balls she used actual christmas ornaments that were made of styrofoam. Like it was a styrofoam ball wrapped in a colored thread, I haven't seen them in years. But yeah, she used those so that she didn't have to cover the whole thing in and some color could show through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
awesomejennyb
Jenny Bomb

I'm awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007 07:58:53 PM »

i am so tempted to go and buy materials right now!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Your Own Puppets
How to Make a Puppet Fox
How to Make a Dog Sock Puppet
Juice Box City
How to Create a Hand Puppet With Socks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...