A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,721
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Days of the Week Boxers [Tame Pics, Suggestive Fabrics]  (Read 11535 times)
Tags for this thread: gift_idea_for_males , undergarment , underwear  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atmomma
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008 07:17:57 PM »

I love these! Now I wish my husband wore boxers so I could make some. Darn- that means I have to spoil myself!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008 08:51:49 PM »

My cold is almost gone, I went to the doctor and nothing was actually infected, so I didn't need antibiotics, just rest.  Rest - I'm a stay at home mom with a 2 1/2 yr old, there is no rest lol.  Hubby has been good helping out, so I am recovering, just slower than I want to.  Thanks for the concern  Cheesy

Ok, I've made my first pair...blue camo pattern and I'm waitin on hubby to try them on.  I've kinda annoyed him, he knew I was making something for him, but he didn't know what.  When it got to the sew the flap to the left part... I wanted to see if that was actually what he had on his current boxers.  Instead of going to his drawer, I undid his pants when he walked by to check - he wasn't amused Smiley Then I asked him if he actually peed thru the slot, or pulled down the front - again not amused.  Apparently some things just shouldn't be shared  Roll Eyes  I didn't do the snaps and sewed the front "pocket" shut.  I've already got fabric out to make three more, but want to make sure these fit... I'll post pics in a day or so when I get a few pair done! 

Thanks for the motivation to do these!!

Well now, I don't know if I've met a man (of the kind I would make underpants for) who would be unhappy if his pants were undone and his fly examined when he was just walking by.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008 08:52:25 PM »

I love these! Now I wish my husband wore boxers so I could make some. Darn- that means I have to spoil myself!  Wink

Spoil yourself!  Spoil yourself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008 07:14:35 AM »

Well now, I don't know if I've met a man (of the kind I would make underpants for) who would be unhappy if his pants were undone and his fly examined when he was just walking by.  Wink
[/quote]

Lol, true - I think it was my fault by telling him I just wanted to look, you know, kinda a let down for him Smiley  He also had his hands full of computer stuff. BTW, I should have left the pocket open  Tongue 

Has anyone made the boxers that have the extra piece in the back?  I've never seen a pattern and that is what I ususally buy for my son...I would rather not ruin a pair of his for a pattern, but I will if I need to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
ebbycat63
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008 09:41:49 AM »

I want to make some for my hubby now,has any one made them for larger sized men?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008 09:14:24 AM »

tenesmus:

Haha!  Your reply reminds me of a friend of mine who's dad actually was a milkman for awhile when he was a kid.  Anyway, I never put the snaps in, because none of his store-bought boxers have snaps, so it seems like he doesn't want them so why bother?  I also omit Step 1 and do all my pressing/pinning of the waist and legs at once, then sew them (Steps 11 and 14), then do the elastic (Steps 12 & 13).

How'd you modify them for a girlie fit?

jennybean & sueece:
Thanks! 

Ok, I was looking at my instructions before I started to see what you've changed... I only have 13 instructions!  I've literally had this pattern for years, and wonder if things have changed.  I understand what you've done, and I'll prob follow that advice, to speed things up but the elastic is # 10 and 11 on my sheets, wierd.   Did I read that right?  I have a bad habit of jumping before I think, but this does seem like it's off to me compared to my instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
TheMistressT

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008 11:42:49 AM »

tenesmus:

Haha!  Your reply reminds me of a friend of mine who's dad actually was a milkman for awhile when he was a kid.  Anyway, I never put the snaps in, because none of his store-bought boxers have snaps, so it seems like he doesn't want them so why bother?  I also omit Step 1 and do all my pressing/pinning of the waist and legs at once, then sew them (Steps 11 and 14), then do the elastic (Steps 12 & 13).

How'd you modify them for a girlie fit?

jennybean & sueece:
Thanks! 

Ok, I was looking at my instructions before I started to see what you've changed... I only have 13 instructions!  I've literally had this pattern for years, and wonder if things have changed.  I understand what you've done, and I'll prob follow that advice, to speed things up but the elastic is # 10 and 11 on my sheets, wierd.   Did I read that right?  I have a bad habit of jumping before I think, but this does seem like it's off to me compared to my instructions.

I hem them before putting in the elastic, even though my directions say the opposite.  It's not like he's trying them on and I'm making sure that the hemmed just so, you know?  My pattern has the last couple directions on another sheet with just those last couple on there (like maybe 2 or 3 steps).  Maybe they added some later?  I just made the changes that made it easier for me personally and since I'd made several already, I felt comfortable making them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Isolde
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008 01:10:45 AM »

I love the boxers you made. I've been wanting to make some for my boyfriend, so I picked up simplicity 9958 and I'm on my way to completing my first pattern. I was wondering if you think the pattern runs big, because I did the large and they're way too big for him. Also, any tips you have on getting the elastic through the casing would be greatly appreciated. Huh
Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008 07:53:39 AM »

The easiest way I've found to run the elastic is to put a safety pin on the end of it - it gives you something to hold onto as you work it thru...  I would love any easier suggestions though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eyeshadowninja
Too amateur for my own talent.

Let's swap.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008 08:17:29 AM »

I love the Day tags. It's so cute. I remember when my mom did that actually...last summer. Anyway. Really cute, boxers. I'd wear them on the outside, just to show off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paula Deen’s Caramel Apple Cupcakes
How to Make Savory Caramel Apples
How to Make No-Fuss Pastry Cream
Homemade Vanilla Pudding Recipe
How to Make Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...