Here is my monster! he has no name... He was knit in 2 pieces. I didn't use a pile of flesh and didn't write it down, so i forget what i did except I remember I used size 10 needles and cast on 16 stitches... I finished him in 3 days! His eyes and tooth are made of handmade felt, because i didn't feel like getting more lol. I just knit a swatch of white wool and felted it, then cut out the shapes. His mouth is chain stitch and his pupils are french knots. He's lamb's pride bulky in limeade. I hope you eat him as much as I do!
Okay and now for the pile of flesh! This is my first pile of flesh, so sorry if it's wrong. I try to make this as accurate as possible.
About 125 yards of bulky yarn
size 10 US needles (6 mm)
Black worsted yarn
1. Co 16 stitches.
2. work in stockinette stitch for about 8 inches, or more or less depending on how tall you want your monster to be. End on a RS row, so that you will knit on the next row.
3. Knit ONLY 8 stitches. Turn.
4. Purl Only 8 stitches. Turn.
5. Continue for about 2 inches in stockinette stitch, only those 8 stitches. end so that the next row will be knit.
6. Knit 2, k2tg, knit 2, k2tg
7. You should now have 6 stitches (don't mind the other 8 for now, we'll get to them) p2tg, purl 2, p2tg.
8. You should now have 4 stitches. knit 2, k2tg
9. you should now have 3 stitches. purl 1, p2tg
11. You should now have one completed leg, and 8 stitches on one needle. Repeat steps 3-11 for the other 8 stitches to make the final leg.
12. Repeat steps 1-11 to make the other side of your monster.
13. Block the pieces so that they don't curl up as much. Follow blocking instructions on yarn label.
14. using the best side of your monster, sew 2 (or however many) circles of the felt on with black yarn in whipstitch. If you want, make it like the picture, and have it seem almost like the eyes are patches. (you know, like how the little threads come out) whatever i can't explain it. Do it like it looks in the pics.
15. IN chain stitch (http://www.embroiderersguild.com/stitch/stitches/chain.html
) embroider a line that goes across. ( the monster's mouth) make it smiley, sad, crooked, whatever!
16. Make the tooth the same way as you did the eyes, just with a triangle instead of a circle. or, be original and do whatever you want with the mouth. Hooray!!! you've finished the face!
1. CO six stitches
2. work in stockinette stitch for about 2 inches, ending so the next row will be knit.
3. k2tg, k2tg, k2tg you should have 3 stitches
5. increase, increase, increase, so you have 6 stitches again. does that make sense?
6. okay. stockinette stitch about 2 inches, or until when you fold where you decreased and increased, the ends meet.
7. block, sew all around.
8. Repeat for other arm.
9. stuff the arms if you want, but i didn't. sew arms onto body in what ever position you want.
1. put the two halves together with the knit sides (the side that looks like v's) in the inside. starting at one corner of the head, sew together (all down and around the legs and up). stop once you get to the other corner. (all will be sewed, except for the flat part at the top of the head. DON"T cut the yarn yet.
2. whew.. Almost done! turn right-side out, so you see his cute face. Stuff through the hole you left at his head, and continue sewing across
3. Weave in the stray ends and Yay!!! your monster is done!!!
sorry if this doesn't work out so well, i did my best.
Try if you dare! Post your finished monsters here!