A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2008)?  (Read 61208 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BadWolf
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2008 08:17:32 AM »

Okay update: rice bags are awesome. i like my machine. crocheting time approaches.

Dad: 1 done-rice bag

Mom: 1 done-earrings

Linda(dad's wife-she is funny):2 done-rice bags

Rick(19 yo brother):1 done-rice bag

Greg(19 yo brother): working on-can't say, he comes here.

Mike(24 yo boyfriend):1 done-can't say, he comes here.

Brenda(boyfriend's mom, recent widow):1 done-rice bag w/ chamomile

John and Daneen(bf's brother and his wife):2 done-rice bags

Nicolette(Daneen's 15yo daughter):1 done-rice bag

Jonathan(Daneen's son):working on-drawstring bag with goodies

Grams(bf's grandmom):90% done-drawstring bag with candy

Brian(bf's 18yo brother):Huh?possibly a crocheted hat or scarf

Vanessa(brian's gf): 1 done-rice bag

Lauren(friend):1 done-rice bag
Kelly(friend):1 done-rice bag
Steve(Kelly's bf):1 done-rice bag
Marisa(friend):1 done-rice bag
Rachel(my cousin,secret santa):1 done-pile of vegetarian recipes

This was the easy part. I love stash busting though. I had a ton of great fabric too small for a big project, but too pretty to just waste.

I'm going to the Thrift Store on saturday to look for fabric and picture frames and so forth. I got some old 45s there once.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tessie
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2008 07:25:44 PM »

I'm making frames like these for my family. Each one will be a reflection of that person like their favorite colors or a certain decor they love. I've also started making some bags. I'll post those when they're done and more frames as they get done. There are about 20+ that I need to make....now you see why I'm making gifts.

This one is for my Aunt Heidi who has a peacock theme in her home.

This is for my sister-in-law Jaime, she loves these colors. It cracked in baking though Sad

This is for my mother-in-law who has a grapes and wine sort of Tuscan thing going on in her kitchen. I just know she's going to LOVE this frame.

This is for my sister-in-law who is bright and bubbly and girlie in every way.

and some ornaments that I've made just for fun, I think I'll throw them in with their presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meggageg
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2008 07:59:17 PM »

Tessie - That is funny you posted those picture frames. I used the same frame to make a fabric frame for my mom tonight! Got to love the dollar store!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think that the most important thing a woman
can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser. - Joan Crawford
Tessie
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2008 06:20:51 AM »

I LOVE Dollar Tree!! I need to go on a Dollar Tree tour because I can't find the cool 4x4 frames at the one by my house anymore. I picked up some 4x6 frames but those are going to take more clay and I'm running very low as it is. Your frams is adorable!! Maybe I should do some with ribbon too and hold on to some of my clay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mbug77

Join Amtgard visit exotic places, meet new people,

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2008 03:05:21 PM »

I've got oven mits done, and I'm making a bunch of soup mix gift baskets as well as hot cocoa gift baskets.  In addition to a purse and a messenger bag.  And some of the no sew fleece blankets. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aka Baronette Ruuna eben Xerxes to all my Amtgard friends and family.
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2008 07:22:59 AM »

I'm trying to cut back this year, honest, but it seems like this is the year where I've got the most done. I think it's because I started early, or a lot of the stuff was partially done anyway.

Aunt T - gets a shawl that I promised her two Christmases ago. Oops. All it needed was half the edging. Just needs to be blocked.

Aunt S & Uncle P - were going to get Fuzzy Feet (the felted slippers from Knitty) but I found a DVD which is perfect, so I've appropriated the slippers to . .

Mom - is getting almost nothing but handmade. Two pairs of handknit socks, the aforementioned Fuzzy Feet, a mini-shawl and a small quilt. This is what's going to get me, here. The socks need to be Kitchenered and have the ends woven in. The Fuzzy Feet need to be felted. The shawl needs to have half the edging finished (can you tell I don't like edging?). All of these need to be blocked. I also need to do something little with the quilt, what was it? Oh yes, quilt it. I've almost finished the top, so hopefully the quilting won't take too long.

Roommate - a pair of Knucks and a kitty hat. The Knucks need to be blocked and have the ends woven in, and I'm only half way through the hat. If I have the time, I may make it into a bunny hat rather than a kitty hat, something like Molly's hat from the comic Runaways. (Image here.)

Yup, I think that's everything. It seems like there's a lot left to do, but hopefully I can do one huge blocking session and get it over with.

For the first time ever I have more guys to gift than women, which accounts for the smaller number of larger items this year. I have 3 male roommates and 1 female, and as much as I like the guys they aren't nearly as craft-oriented as my female roommate and I. I know they'd appreciate the effort (one of them really liked his Doctor Who scarf last year) but I don't think I could make them something they'd really love. That said, if I get the chance everyone's getting cookies and applesauce along with their presents. I've been collecting jars all year!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008 07:25:47 AM by Duckie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
angeltreats
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2008 07:29:10 AM »

I forgot to add my bosses to my list - I have four of them.  They are all lawyers and have a lot more money than me and expensive tastes, so I find it hard to choose presents for them.  The last couple of years I baked different biscuits/shortbread/gingerbread and boxed them up all pretty.  This year I've ordered some soap base and fragrance oils etc and they are all getting handmade Christmas-smelling soaps.  Everyone likes soap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2008 09:00:24 AM »

You must tell us how you get on with the soap making angeltreats - it's something I have wanted to try for ages.

I was just told today that my dh's siblings and husbands will be doing a secret santa. Shame as I had good ideas for everyone but it means I don't have to make lots of stuff. I hope I don't get a brother-in-law - too hard to buy for. I'd still like to make one part of the present but would worry about making the whole present in the case whoever I get didn't like it or want home-made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2008 09:25:46 AM »

I will do.  Everything I've read on the web (and I've watched some videos on Youtube) suggests that it's ridiculously easy to make melt & pour soap, so that means I'll probably struggle horribly, make a mess of the kitchen and end up buying gift vouchers  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2008 09:33:48 AM »

Ah no! If you are anything like me though, you'll underestimate the time involved, fall over the cats, make a mess, have a crisis of confidence half-way through and end up with something that you swing between hating and loving and which the  recipients love anyway:)Smiley  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Indian-Style French Toast With Cherry Salsa
How to Make Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites
How to Make Ice Pops with a Serious Gourmet Twist
How to Make Dairy-Free Fruit Kebabs
Palmier Cookie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...