A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2008)?  (Read 59214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2008 07:54:43 AM »

I usually buy really crappy cheap gifts for a bunch of people, but this year im only doing my closest people.
Here's the list so far:
2 friends- bracelet, keychain, tote bag, wallet buy build a bear for one.
Grandmother- Totebag, wallet, decorations (dont know what kind yet.)
Brother 1 (18)- blink 182 pins & stickers, burn cds with paper cases
brother 2(13)- need help!
the other 13 y/o brother- need help again!
Mom- tote bag, wallet, hair scrunchies
Dad- Small quilt for his chair

I think thats everything for now, those are the main gifts for everyone, but i'll probably make a bunch of small stuff to fill the tote bags.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 07:55:31 AM by thatkid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
Happychick
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2008 09:53:40 AM »

I'm making a record bag for my brother, an aspiring DJ (at 14!), quilts for both sets of grandparents and a doctor who scarf for my other brother. I'm also buying some hand-stamped silver rings from etsy for my two BFFs, but haven't decided what to have stamped on them. My short-list of poncy latin sayings is this  -

fortes fortuna iuvat fortune favours the brave
nil desperandum  - never despair
nulli secundus  - second to none
minima maxima sunt  - smallest things are most important
omnia causa fiunt everything happens for a reason
Alis volat propriis -she flies with her own wings

Carpe diem was my initial idea, but after a bit of googling it seems so cliched....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

llamalu
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2008 03:41:53 PM »

i bought 50 crystal nail files online from ebay and with shipping each one only cost around 75 cents. (there are different sizes you can buy but i really like the small ones to put in your purse) i will paint designs on the ends with enamel paints and maybe even add some rhinestones. this will take care of all the my friends at work, both my daughters friends and family. they are perfect to put in a card for gift giving or you can add them to other things like hand lotions etc to make a gift basket. i went to a festival this year and saw booths that sold these but the size i bought they sold for $5 each.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Vampberry
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2008 10:31:35 AM »

I'll make a list too. Maybe it'll help me organize my ideas. Red = chucked idea. Green = all finished and gift wrapped

DH: coasters

Mom, MIL: reusable shopping and fresh produce bags?, mitten warmers

Bigsister: Crochet angel tree ornaments?, Calorimetry, a cd

Dad: a reusable bag for wine bottles

BIL, BIL & SIL, BIL & his partner, DH's cousin & her family: homemade brigadeiros in 2-3 different flavours

Godson 6: A tiny tin safe with a dial lock, Advent calendar

Niece 3: pink furry slippers, Advent calendar

Nephew 1: Fabric name book (too much work), amigurumi eggs with rattling things inside, Advent calendar, wooden railroad pieces

Littlesister: A Bible with changeable covers

Her partner: Taffel chilinuts

Godson 6: Glow in the dark puzzle, Advent calendar

Niece 4: scarf, A fleece blanket with her name embroidered on it, Advent calendar

DH's cousin 4:hat, A fleece blanket with her name embroidered on it.

Cards:
My cousin
DH's cousin
DH's aunts
DH's grandmother

Digital card for friends
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008 06:40:42 AM by Vampberry » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knuffletje
« Reply #154 on: November 10, 2008 08:02:18 AM »

Here's my list...after thinking for about two months, most of it finally came to me yesterday.

BF's family in Holland:
His mom- a scrapbook, since it's hard to live in another country than your son, and he never sends her many pictures.

18 year old brother
- A fleece burgandy lap blanket, with the Warcraft 3 logo in felt on it.

20 year old brother
- Another lap blanket. His will be hunter orange (their soccer team color) and will have white felt words "hup oranje hup" (Go orange go), which is a saying for their team.

23 year old sister- I'm thinking a wrapped paper bead bracelet and soap. If this doesn't end up working for me, I'm going to end up buying this one.

His stepmom- Same as his sister

His dad- No idea!

My family:

Stepmom- Apron...Hopefully I'll be making this. I need to find a pattern.

Dad- I'll probably make him some sort of art thing, but also donate to the Heifer International for him. (http://www.heifer.org/)

Mom- Going half for perfume, but also making her one of the 9 piece painting I'm making for her birthday.

18 year old brother- I'm splurging here and buying him Fable 2.

6 year old sister- I'm buying a jacket from my work, but am also making a "girl's night" package. A used dvd, snacks, fingernail polish, etc.

9 year old brother
- A fleece camo scarf, then a movie night package like my sisters, except I'll put some cool guy stuff in there, not fingernail polish.

My BF: This one is hard. For his stocking I already have:
-cardboard picture frames w/ his favorite pictures of us that he can put on his apartment wall with putty. No tacks allowed!
-manly soap and peppermint bath bombs from etsy
-candy and nuts, including lots of sour patch kids and some dutch candies.
-canvas bags for the grocery store
Maybe a few little store bought things

I have NO idea what to get for his main present! I know I'm going to make him a dinner of his favorite foods that you can't find in the states, but yeah. I have no idea.

extended family/coworkers/etc Reusable grocery bags with handbaked goodies inside.

I've only got a couple of the things done, so I'd better get cracking. I've got a ton to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: November 10, 2008 05:56:49 PM »

Blue = done/bought.

Mother - Beaded glasses chain. I made her some before - and she loves them  she always ends up breaking them so I am making her two this time. She also wants a map of the world(!) and I'll get her some fluffy bed socks as well. Something else too - haven't decided.

Brothers
- will buy them presents. They don't do hand-made gifts. Though we did do them T-shirts before. Not sure what I'll buy them.

MIL- Not sure. Knit shopping bag. Earrings.  Something else.
FIL-Maybe knit him a scarf - he has a horrible ratty white one. Jar of 365 facts/jokes.

SIL 1 - a calorimetry in a lovely Noro yarn- she wears headbands a lot. Also  a pair of earrings - it's a tradition.
SIL 2 - she admired a felted rose brooch I have - am wondering could I make her one - if not maybe a scarf in lovely yarn - in lace or cables. Or a jar like FIL's.

BIL 1 -dunno - we did T-shirts for them before.
BIL 2 - dunno Thinking of chocolate cake in a mug.

Doing a Secret Santa so don't have to make anything for the BILs. Yay. I have SIL 1 and dh has SIL2 so  might havwe to make her a scarf.

Niece 1 - 6 yrs old- she loves beads and jewellery making so I am planning to fill a box with beads and fixings and have on the box " Rhiannon's Beads"
Niece 2,(5 yrs old) 3 and 4(both 2 years old) - don't know -was thinking of printing T-shirts - may not work though. T-shirts probably too much work this close to Xmas when we are not experts - going to stick to crafts I am quick at/dh can do easily.

Friend - dunno - she is hard to make/buy for - she is very appreciative of everything though- have made her  a scarf, jewellery in the past and a friendship jar. Maybe a headband. She just got married so maybe something to commemorate their first Xmas as husband and wife. Dh suggested a bottle of champagne to celebrate their first Xmas married and maybe an ornament which does same.
Her husband - sweets - nice and simple.
Her nephews - have bought little trucks with their names on.

Grand-parents-in-law- A hamper of food/drink - they are strict about only getting food for Xmas - they deserve an extra nice present this year because the give me dinner once a week on the days I have college.

Cousin's child - 9 yr old boy - dunno -something Liverpool.

Husband - I'd love to make him something - but only something he'd really appreciate. After hemming and hawing he asked for a sweater -not sure I'll have time to make it though.

We are expecting friends over from the States for Xmas - they arrive on the 26th - so pressies for them too I guess
Friend 1 - cabled scarf?
Friend 2 - Bottle of whiskey.
their 2 kids - 9 yr old girl and 5 yr old boy. Something Irish I guess.

Husband's new baby cousin - am knitting her a matinee coat as a welcome pressie- if I am lucky it will be finished by Xmas and something else.

Also need Birthday presents for mother, MIL and friend.

I think that's everyone - I was thinking of making everyone a Xmas tree decoration too - not sure how that will play out. Calendars are an option too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008 01:58:11 PM by Saor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2008 08:23:07 PM »

NOTE: I am reposting my list [with changes] but I left the other one up [page 8], This is my list of things left to do...

MY LIST UPDATED

My boyfriend Marcus: his stocking stuffers & several items

Vurella: DONE

My Mom: DONE

My Grandma: DONE

My DAD: DONE [besides baked goods]

Jackie (one of my bestfriends 20 years old): DONE

Candi (My 15 yr old cousin): DONE

The kiddos (ages 1, 2, 3) all boys: Still need the dumsets for ages 2 & 3

Jack (my 19 yo cousin):   HuhHuh??

Jack's gf Katie: DONE

Marcus' Mom & Dad: HuhHuhHuh

Kristin (Marcus' sister): HuhHuhHuhHuh

Uncle Bill: Stencil wolf shirt, chocolate covered cherries

Cori (Uncle Bill's wife): DONE

Kristi Lee (14 years old): DONE

Anna (13 years old): pretty much DONE, besides Athenian scarf...[may or may not finish], buy gloves

Steven (12 yrs old): scarf, buy gloves, buy robotic dinosaur, finish bathset

William (10 years old): buy gloves, buy robotic dinosaur, finish bathset

Alyssa (2 yr old): DONE

Melinda (another one of my bestfriends 22 yrs old): DONE, want to add one more small/medium item [may or may not do]

Melinda's bf Ali (my boyfriend's best friend):    HuhHuhHuhHuh?

Jax (my puppy!): Just waiting on his stocking from lethargic/other swaps?

Danni, our kitten!: toys, treats, anything from swaps?

Dallin & Shea (my bf's boys): everything will be bought. dont know what though. waiting for list from their mom
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Will swap for Dinosaurs*
mitchell-b

currently knitting...

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2008 03:00:48 AM »

My family is very small, so I will make a lot of things for my friends.

Different homemade cards for everyone,
Mum: perhaps an amigurumi dog? no further ideas so far Sad
Dad: perhaps a good book. a thriller or something like that. I have absolutely no idea, what I could craft for him!
Alex (BF): knitted black socks with some sort of love embroidery on the inside, so only he can see, perhaps a cute homemade voucher, perhaps concert tickets...
Julia (very good friend): some sort of polymer clay charm or something like that
Yvi (very good friend, too ^^): polymer clay cloud & raindrop earrings, perhaps a matching pendant
Fabian (another very good friend): I have nooo idea. I'm so bad at making presents for my male friends =( which is really sad, because I know him so well!
Henrike: crocheted amigurumi baby snow dragon
Franziska: no idea
Maren: knitted cellphone cozy, rose earrings made of ribbon with matching pendant?
Jessi: polymer clay cupcake earrings
Kathi+BF: card
Katharina+BF: card
Thomas: card
Terri: no idea =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angeltreats
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2008 03:37:28 AM »

I am not making all of the Christmas presents because (a) I havent got enough free time, and (b) there are quite a few people who just wouldnt appreciate them.  The people I am actually making stuff for are as follows:

Husband: Badly needs a new iPod case.  He lost the one I made for him a while ago and is quite upset about it!  He will also get bought presents too though.

Dad: Might do a couple of amigurumi animals, as he really likes them.  (73 going on 12, he is.)  I might also make him a passport cover. 

Mum: Thought Id crochet some snowflakes to hang on the Christmas tree and maybe a shopping bag to carry all her bingo paraphernalia.  My parents are also getting a joint present of a new microwave, which they badly need. 

Friend 1 and 2: A knitted lace scarf each, one in purple and one in a lovely grey.  I have the grey one half finished.  Also a beaded bracelet each in colours to match the scarf.

Workmate/friend 1: Cable scarf in cream (Irish Hiking scarf pattern).  Easiest scarf to knit but looks lovely! 

Workmate/friend 2: Some beaded jewellery

Everyone else is getting bought presents this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meggageg
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2008 07:45:33 AM »

My list:

BF:
My Son: Coloring book, block puzzle, paper bag puppets

Mom: Grandchildren bookmark+Books, Fabric picture frames, titans coffee mug
Dad:stencil Titans coffee mug, altered barn star
Brother:
Niece(3):

BF Mom: Decoupage picture star mirror, grandchild picture bookmark + books
BF Dad: No sew blanket, stencil patriots coffee mug
BF Brother: No Sew Blanket
BF SIL: Coffee kit - 2 coffee mugs, dunkin donut coffee.

Annual Christmas Swap Game: Tea Paper Thank You Cards
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008 08:00:51 PM by meggageg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think that the most important thing a woman
can have - next to talent, of course - is her hairdresser. - Joan Crawford
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Camera Tips: Stage Lighting Setup
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Cleaning
Digital Camera Tips: Why Not Auto White Balance
Digital Camera Tips: When to use the Flash
Digital Camera Tips: Check Your Focus
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...