A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2008)?  (Read 59916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 14, 2007 06:50:12 PM »

Don't hate me, but I started my list already - doesn't hurt a crafter to think on things early afterall.  But was wondering if anyone else was thinking about it yet - especially since many of us probably have wrapped up (no pun intended) or are about to finish off most of our projects. 

Here are things I am thinking about - either they are coming to mind now, or are projects I have thought about, but did not get around to doing this year

For two brothers - one of whom is my best friend, and the other is a friend, who also is a co-worker of DH - they always are calling each other Jackass, and usually try to beat each other out getting "Ass" related gifts - I would like to make them hats with donkey ears, and hoof like socks and mitts, and a tail, because then they can both be the asses. 

For their mom, whom I love and adore because she has a great sense of humour and tolerance - a bunch of crocheted carrots to treat her sons too.  As well a beaded leaves wreath.

For MIL, I would also like to do the beaded wreath too.

For the SILs, and my older neices, I would like to do felted purses, with felted flowers, like the ones on this site:
http://nonipatterns.com/collections.php

Unicorn painted planters, or a table runner/placemats for the unicorn loving friend

Etched glass picture frames - I did one years ago with fuschia flowers and would like to do a few more.

Some different beaded snowflake ornaments, finish the crocheted ones I started, perhaps do knitted Santa jacket ornaments.

Preserves for next year will be my first attempt at marmalade, as my mom loves it.

And a project for myself - I saw a cookie cut out wreath with snowflakes on a cover of a mag.  I want to do one for myself using salt or cinnamon dough so that it would be permanent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
daisyannissa
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007 11:33:59 PM »

I usually don't plan gifts quite this early because I have so many kids to craft/shop for, who have a tendancy of changing interests very quickly. But I definitely plan early, starting in around August or September- that way I have enough time to get things done without rushing!

Your list looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

opheliapoe
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008 10:26:51 PM »

i plan on making a lot this year. last year i made everyone some glass bowl lighted potpourri things. i didn't have the time or energy to do much because i was pregnant. this year i plan on making all the little ones in my family scarves and hats. i just got into woodburning, so i will be making some personalized ornaments for family, and i love sock monkeys, they are so fun to make. so i will probably be making some of those. i will probably make a ton of things. its so early in the year, and i craft all the time (rarely for myself though, i always give away what i make.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008 12:37:22 AM »

I would love to revive this one for 2008 too. Do you think we could make a new thread for this year so we don't have to start at page 22?? Cause that would be great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008 01:36:20 PM »

I would love to revive this one for 2008 too. Do you think we could make a new thread for this year so we don't have to start at page 22?? Cause that would be great.

Agree! Agree! Otherwise I'm gonna lose track of where I am in the thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008 11:54:19 AM »

Well, I had a huge list to give you, but then I looked at it and died a little inside.  lol  So I need to modify it a bit.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
lollipop
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008 12:42:31 PM »

Updated:

I am going to do my best to convince my family to do a (mostly) handmade Christmas this year... (wish me luck)...

Brother,16 - I'm thinking a blanket/quilt using camo fabric. Maybe one of those zippy striped ones. And I'm not sure what else.

Sister, 18 - Probably some new clothes... so not handmade, but she never gets new things. For her birthday, which is coming up, we're going to re-do her room, so I figure that's enough crafty goodness for her.

Sister, 23 - She's living in Kansas now (my family is in Michigan) and is getting her own apartment soon in Missouri. I've decided to make her a bunch of ornaments for her housewarming gift so that she'll have them for Christmas... so now I need more ideas of a Christmas gift. Psh.

Sister, 21 (& husband & baby) - sometimes lurks on here...

Mom and Dad - ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008 12:35:27 PM by lollipop » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
-Jane Austen
joyfulheart
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008 07:29:34 AM »

OOOOH good thread!

I need ideas.  I am surrounded by family that doesn't like homemade.  But I'm gonna do homemade anyway, cause I'm a rebel.

Seriously, I'm looking for something unique that they cant buy new, that's appreciated and not get any "oh. it's homemade.  thanks...." 

I saw the tea tub things...  I cant find the original thread through the search.  I want to make some of those.  I bought some of those tea bags that are heat sealed, and I grow herbs in the backyard.  All I need to figure out is the tags/labels, instructions... 

Nieces and nephews are all getting art boxes-- will stock up when the stores have sales on their art/school supplies cheap. and put them in cute little boxes for kids.

My 3 boys?  No idea.  Done all the superhero capes, tote  bags, etc... already.

Hubby?  no idea.

Teachers, neighbors, co workers?  No idea.

Aunts uncles, etc are getting ornaments. 

And stocking stuffers.  thinking MY kids will get art and craft supplies from back to school sales.  Not sure about me and DH though.

ANyone got really cute ideas with pictures?  I'm a visual person.  Cant imagine anything until I can actually see it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008 08:33:29 AM »

I love some of those monster chairs that are showing up in the latest craft challenge - wonder if your kids would get a kick out of something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Onyxnox

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008 08:36:49 AM »

My list is definitely changing.  I started some pansies in brick stitch and have all the materials to do pots of pansies for my mom and MIL.  I also have the materials for making loofah soaps too.  I was hoping to pick up some microfiber towels for a good price, nice thin ones to make hair towels with, and to make some bath salts, spa packages.  Unfortunately, most of my lavender plants did not survive the winter :C
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Rocked The Frock: Kristin Cavallari Vs. Sophia Bush
Stacy Keibler and Jennifer Garner Go Sexy in Red and Black
How to Embellish Jeans
Lady Gaga Channels Elizabeth Hurley In Versace Dress
Fall Fashion Trends: Leather Is Back!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...