A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
796 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making for Christmas this year (2008)?  (Read 56713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

achatahava
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2008 02:53:58 PM »

I'm not making much because I'm broke...  Cry
but I did make a wreath for my family (it's a cross between a wreath and a family tree) and a crocheted blanket for my boyfriend.
Supplies and all probably cost me $30?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2008 09:37:46 PM »

achatahava, I think you made some very nice gifts and ones that will be cherished!!

I finally finished crafting the daddy poppets for my daughter!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
dancedupapillon
« Reply #222 on: December 18, 2008 08:21:21 AM »

New thing added to the list: candied citrus peel!  YUM YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
BadWolf

cassettetape--->BadWolf

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 18, 2008 10:04:23 AM »

Ok I am nearly finished with Mike's stuff. I am filling his stocking now with crafty stuff and dollar store goodies.
oh, Mike is my boyfriend btw. I am finished with my dad's gifts. All crafted and wrapped. I am done or very nearly with my mom's gifts. I still have to finish my brothers' stuffs. They are always around so it's hard to do their blankets. I think I am pretty much done my friends' presents. Just gotta crank out a couple more rice bags cause I was short somehow. Also have to make some cookies. Will have to recruit my brothers.

I also make chocolate covered pretzels with almonds/sprinkles or white chocolate accents. Then I got creative and crumbled pretzels with almond slices and mixed them with chocolate and made lumps of chocolate crunchiness. Hope they taste good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My username has changed from cassettetape to BadWolf.

"Does this shirt make me look like a party balloon?"-Mike

http://pinterest.com/marquesajen
ambeolin910
« Reply #224 on: December 30, 2008 09:24:31 AM »

This year my boyfriend and I were supposed to make each other gifts this year. I kept up my end of the deal and this is one of the things I made. He bought me a sewing machine.....lol.... .guess I can't be too mad (sorry,pics are a lil fuzzy, my digital was broke and i used my cellphone)
I used a regular bauble ornament and hot glued some innards of and old computer all over it..he LOVES it:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

He makes me nuts. Not like "crazy" nuts, more like "love nuts"......
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

« Reply #225 on: December 30, 2008 10:05:09 AM »

I just wanted to share that my baby and daddy poppets stole the show.  I was really nervous again completing with my sis (who gave my DD tons of superhero figures --Xmen, TMNT, and Superfriend) and my bro (wii), but she loved the poppets best of all.  Heehee.  She's a little craftster and I think she loves the fact that I made them especially for her.  She liked their little boy parts too.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
lylmousy
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2009 07:30:59 AM »

We mostly made our gifts for Christmas, and here are some of the things we made.
My husband made these ornaments he made 10 of them. All of them were double sided made out of sycamore and mahogony(I think).

Then he made these pens two are made out of ash, and the other are redwood.

And I made the bags that the pens and ornaments went in.

Also I made this taggie blanket for my husband's cousin's baby.

I made this purse for my mil, she loved it. She had asked my husband and I to make her something so that she could show off our stuff to her teacher friends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only exceptionally rational people can afford to be absurd.
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2009 07:39:25 AM »

Here's all the stuff I made for Christmas '08. Going to try to craft-along throughout the year so I can get more done for '09.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284748.msg3225058#msg3225058
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2009 02:04:21 PM »

Here's all the stuff I made for Christmas '08. Going to try to craft-along throughout the year so I can get more done for '09.

Rockin Guitar strap shoulder pad. Did you use a pattern or just wing it? My bro's bday is coming soon and he is hard to shop for. A new shoulder pad for his new guitar strap would be awesome to make him. Everything looks so cool, and everyone looks so happy too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #229 on: January 12, 2009 05:47:31 AM »

Rockin Guitar strap shoulder pad. Did you use a pattern or just wing it? My bro's bday is coming soon and he is hard to shop for. A new shoulder pad for his new guitar strap would be awesome to make him. Everything looks so cool, and everyone looks so happy too!  Grin

Hey, thanks! I actually winged it. I made a pattern on graph paper first, but just kind of guessed at the measurements. If I am feeling really ambitious I might try to make a curved one some day. One thing you can't see from the pic is that I used fleece on the inside bottom layer for more cushion. And bias tape. Lots of bias tape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Olympic Medalist Amanda Beard on Her Memoir
Learn How to Draw Neil Flambé
Amanda Beard on How Swimming Saved Her from Depression
Saranormal Book Series Trailer
Marilu Henner on Her Audiobook, Total Memory Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...