A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Nugget Boxes! PICTURE TUTORIAL POST 8!  (Read 13784 times)
Tags for this thread: gift_box , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 14, 2007 10:37:24 AM »

After seeing the nugget boxes posted on here, I knew it would make for the perfect 'extra' for my gifts.
You're supposed to use cardstock, but I just used scrapbook paper, holidays are festive, and so are my boxes. This kept me bust most of the week, a lot of measuring, and folding. I made about 50 total. (OMG, am I nuts??) On to the pictures!

The whole shebang:

Close ups of open boxes:

And now, when we get company, there's a little something extra in it for them! My cousin and her husband stopped by last night and she took three! She can't wait to do some herself.

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007 04:01:31 PM by RobertaMac - Reason: Amended Title. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tadpole due- November 2008!
Another craft project, home made!

My stepmother's apron site

Wist
pixidance
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007 10:55:40 AM »

These look great!  I'm going to have to look up a tutorial for this Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EnfantTerrible
Industrial Designer Ape

Dog wisedom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007 11:05:39 AM »

cool! surely I would love an extra like these on my presents Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes Life Breaks in Misteryous ways
Deirdre
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007 11:05:56 AM »

These are great!  You took the paper wrapper from the chocolate nugget and added your own paper?  How did you make the boxes?  Is the paper covering cardboard?

I love love love this idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007 11:14:34 AM »

These are great!  You took the paper wrapper from the chocolate nugget and added your own paper?  How did you make the boxes?  Is the paper covering cardboard?

I found the original thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211046.0

She has a link for the template for the boxes as well. I could do a tutorial this weekend too if anyone would like.
I wrapped the nugget in scrapbook paper, it gives it such a polished look I think. The actual box is supposed to be made from cardstock, but I wanted pattern paper. After the holidays I'm going to make a bunch to have around for whatever reason, minus the actual nuggets, I can buy them any time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007 11:42:03 AM »

where did u find the instructions for this project?  i am having a hard time finding them!! i would enjoying a Tutorial from u!! Shocked Tongue

These are great!  You took the paper wrapper from the chocolate nugget and added your own paper?  How did you make the boxes?  Is the paper covering cardboard?

I found the original thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=211046.0

She has a link for the template for the boxes as well. I could do a tutorial this weekend too if anyone would like.
I wrapped the nugget in scrapbook paper, it gives it such a polished look I think. The actual box is supposed to be made from cardstock, but I wanted pattern paper. After the holidays I'm going to make a bunch to have around for whatever reason, minus the actual nuggets, I can buy them any time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007 12:02:59 PM by green r my tear$ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
carrieme
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007 12:44:43 PM »

Whoa!  you were busy, they look awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
joanieponytail

must make stuff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007 05:56:55 PM »

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing this. Yours look so nice, by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus loves me, this I know.
RobertaMac
Space Putz

Bun In Oven

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007 03:58:26 PM »

*TUTORIAL*

First, you need to go to this website- http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190469&highlight=nugget+box+instructions+pattern
And decide which box you want to make.

This tutorial is made with the Short 4 piece (2 by 2).

They also use cardstock, I used regular scrapbook for the original boxes in this post, but for the one I used in the tutorial I used the cardstock like paper. So with the smaller boxes, I don't really figure it matters how heavy the paper is.

Your supplies:
Paper cutter with ruler. Scissors. Pen. Ruler. Tape runner. Paper. Hershey's Nuggets. (The Nestle Treasure's are a different measurement)

I use 12 by 12 paper, and you can get three boxes from it. You can almost get the three bottom covers for it too if you're using the patterned paper, but you'll need another sheet for the third. This also does not count the paper for the wraps around the Nuggets either.
For the 12 by 12 sheet, you'll cut one side to 4 1/4 inches, then that piece you'll cut into two five inch pieces. With the original piece, you'll cut 7 3/8 out, and from that cut three 2 1/8 strips. From the last piece you'll cut to 5 inches, then 4 1/4 inches. You'll have this:

Paper for the three boxes only.

While you're cutting, if you want to cut pieces for the bottom of the box (I do.), the measurements for that are 3 1/4 inches by just under 2 inches. It will be long on the ends, but thats okay, you will fold up up later.
And the pieces for the Nugget wrap are 3 inches by 1 inch.

Now you'll take your pattern that you printed out from the site above, and mark the measurements for scoring/folding. I use my paper cutter for that, to make sure that my lines are straight, but you could do it with a ruler as well. You'll do the top and bottom, and they should look like this:

I don't have a scoring wheel on my paper cutter, nor do I have a bone folder. I took my daughter's foam placemat and traced the lines along a ruler and folded them over like so:

It scored it just fine.

You'll then cut along the shaded areas on your pattern. Fold along the rest of the lines.
Now for placing a matching piece of paper on the bottom of the box, and taping the sides together. In the picture the x's are where I put the tape, the x's with the arrow's indicate that you should tape on the other side. I put the bottom on, refold the ends, then tape the rest.
Picture:
You'll start with folding one end like this:

When it's folded, it will look like this:

Do the other end the same way.

After all folds are made, the bottom of your box should look like this:

Now for the top you'll just need to make sure all folds are sharp, and tape the outside of the short fold like this:

Here you can see the taped seam at the top of the picture:

The top should fit snug around the box. When regular scrapbook paper is used, it's slightly looser, but after the Nugget's are in there, it doesn't matter.

To wrap the Nuggets.

Run your tape runner down the backside and take one end of your paper you cut for that and hold it on one side like this:

Then wrap it around, tape the very edge of the first end, and seal the deal! It should look like this:

Do the other three the same way.
Finished product:

You've just made your very first Nugget box! And here's to many more!

This was my first ever tutorial, how did I do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007 05:21:34 PM »

You did awesome!  Thanks for sharing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macaroni and Cheese
How to Cook a Turkey
How to make French Bread Pizza
How to Make Cookie Dough Log
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...