A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Four Elements Swap  (Read 4934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2005 04:16:31 PM »

I didn't see a gallery so I thought I'd start one up since I received my package from DithMer!! Thank you soooo much Smiley

here are the magnets I received:

here are the braclet, anklet, necklace and ring:

and here are the wonderful handmade cards:

Thanks again!

~jessica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005 08:14:32 AM »

Oooh that look so nice! I like the jewelry and the cards best. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Soopah
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005 04:13:48 PM »

I love that red necklace.  Can't wait to see what everyone else gets (and me too! Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005 09:34:38 PM »

I received a wonderful package from DeniseM.  Everything is absolutely wonderful!!  I'll wait to spill the beans when I post pics tomorrow.  I think everyone will get a kick out of the fire element she sent me!  (I think its my favorite!!)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005 09:38:42 PM by 706Designs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeniseM

The older I get, the better I was! ! !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005 09:08:57 PM »

I liked those best too.

Got my package from aada.  I think I like her fire is my favorite too.  She did a wonderful job on all of them.  There is a pair of earring for each element and then a "Four Elements" bracelet.  Great job!  Thanks! ! !

]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005 06:10:54 PM »

I received some AWESOME embroidered tea towels from IQJones. I LOVE them! My boyfriend and I both agree that they are too pretty to use so we are thinking up a way to make them into wall hangings. Cheesy Thanks so much! Here are some pics. Cheesy Had to host them at photobucket cuz my ftp is being a pain in the butt tonight.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005 02:58:20 PM »

I received some AWESOME embroidered tea towels from IQJones. I LOVE them! My boyfriend and I both agree that they are too pretty to use so we are thinking up a way to make them into wall hangings. Cheesy Thanks so much! Here are some pics. Cheesy Had to host them at photobucket cuz my ftp is being a pain in the butt tonight.

I am so glad you like them!!!!!!!! I seriously considered not sending them-- I kinda wanted to keep:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005 03:18:55 PM »

Kate, where did you get those tea towels? They're so much cooler than the ones I find

~jessica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005 03:35:25 PM »

Kate, where did you get those tea towels? They're so much cooler than the ones I find

~jessica

I made them. They're just regular cotton-muslin, all hemmed up. The plus about home-made is that you can make contrast stiching. This minus-- I can't cut in a straight line...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005 03:45:19 PM »

I am so glad you like them!!!!!!!! I seriously considered not sending them-- I kinda wanted to keep:)

I'm glad you did send them. Cheesy I love em and I have super bare walls so I have lots of options of where to put them. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

puddinwuddin
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005 08:15:15 PM »

YAY YAY I GOT MINE TODAY!!  I got a pen with beads and feathers on the end, a cd case with a little notepad inside, incense and incense burner from recyclednew.  I loved it.  I know she thought about it hard b/c we had mucho conversations since I signed up for this swap, so THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005 06:01:17 AM »

yay!!!! I got a pretty box from Krysta...thanks...I'll try and post a pic soon...

Thanks so much...its so pretty.

Nessagurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005 08:23:29 AM »

yay!!!! I got a pretty box from Krysta...thanks...I'll try and post a pic soon...

Thanks so much...its so pretty.

Nessagurl

Glad you liked it. Smiley If you want I can post a picture of what I sent you if you cant. Just lemme know. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

recyclednew
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005 08:58:57 AM »

Cheesy I got mine like a week ago! I know I'm so behind with posting! Undecided I've just been so sick lately and just trying to get stuff made and sent out that I haven't had time to post or even play with all my new stuff! I got some wonderful gifts from skuterrat! I got matchstick knitting needles, some pretty cloud blue koolaid dyed yarn, a cup cozy, some whale patches, a flower pin which is in use on a denum journal that I made a while ago (looks great), and a row counting bead thingy to help me learn to knit! Yay!  Cheesy (I think I got it all!) Wow you sent a lot of stuff! I'm impressed, greatfully thankfull, and excited! Now I just need to sit down and start knitting! The wonderful irony is that I do not knit, but am really trying hard to learn, and skuterrat did not send me a message or anything, and just randomly decided to send me a knitting kit focused on the elements! Ironicly wonderful!  Wink   Thanks skuterrat!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005 09:51:38 AM »

Here are pictures of the box I sent to NessaGurl. They're a little blurry as the camera battery was almost dead.

I also sent her a handdrawn picture... hopefully she noticed it! Cheesy

Yay pictures. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005 09:55:45 AM »

Here are pictures of the box I sent to NessaGurl. They're a little blurry as the camera battery was almost dead.

I also sent her a handdrawn picture... hopefully she noticed it! Cheesy

Yay pictures. Cheesy

I'm sorry I forgot to mention the hand drawn picture...its pretty...I have it hangin' on my fridge and one of my friends commented on how nice it was last night...thanks so much!

Nessagurl (and thanks for posting the pic)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
lilmissdogooder
A Day In the Life of the Socially Deprived

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005 06:47:36 PM »

I got my awesome package yesterday.  It came with a beautiful totebag, drawstring bag, fire ornament and hand decorated stationary.  Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I followed my heart so I could hold my head up high."-Andrea Marr, Girl
lilmissdogooder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005 07:27:55 PM »

Have you got my package yet swappee???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrs.benjimadden
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005 03:43:42 PM »

I received my package from mikan, it had the coolest containers ever in it, there are four, one for each element, and a pair of wonderful earrings.  I will post pictures later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are not vigilant and demanding of your talent everyday, you will slowly become what you hate.

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2005 11:42:49 PM »

I got a BEAUTIFUL package from  lilmissdogooder!!!  it's got a Love your mother matchbox pin for earth, a Wolf microscope magnet for wind, a decorative candle jar for fire, and my favorite,  a 50's beach bum photo album for water.  SO creative and SO gorgeous.  i'm incredibly thrilled.  thank you sooooooooooo much.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:07:49 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilmissdogooder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005 11:32:14 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything!  I was so glad to know that everything arrived safely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005 01:26:12 PM »

i got mine yesterday from QueenofSwords...... a set of interchangeable earrings (good minds, similar concepts...)

one set of hooks, then four sets of danglies.....love them, will post pic soon!

thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2005 01:37:53 PM »

Oh!  lilmissdogooder, way to interpret earth-air-fire-water in totally unusual ways!  I never would have thought of that -- so clever!  Big Bad Wolf as wind...hee hee!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
iqjones

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2005 04:46:32 PM »

I received a great, multi-tiered package from 706Designs today!
There was a lavish pack of lavender bath salts(for enjoying water), a gorgeous stone/bead Earth braclet, stickers, amazing material & applique for air (did you make the stars & dots material), a gorgeous twisty-bead bracelet (fire)... Pictures to follow.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Everything is beautiful 706:) I am so amazed by your skills!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005 04:53:33 PM »

I'm glad you like everything, IQ.  No, I did not make the material....that would be awesome if I could, though.  My orginal plan was to make you an awesome wind plaque in ceramics, but due to the holidays and bad weather, on top of everything else, I haven't been able to go to class since the first of December Sad  Hopefully you'll get good use out of the wind craft things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2005 05:09:22 PM »

I'm glad you like everything, IQ.  No, I did not make the material....that would be awesome if I could, though.  My orginal plan was to make you an awesome wind plaque in ceramics, but due to the holidays and bad weather, on top of everything else, I haven't been able to go to class since the first of December Sad  Hopefully you'll get good use out of the wind craft things.

706- I have big plans for the stuff;) I would love to see what you make in ceramics-- anything displayed on the web? Yeah, the weather right now is not condusive to going outside the house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrs.benjimadden
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005 07:29:32 PM »

List of people who have not received:

-skuterrat

Please send soon, Let me know if you have received and are on this list.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005 10:53:16 AM by mrs.benjimadden » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are not vigilant and demanding of your talent everyday, you will slowly become what you hate.

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
veludo
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2005 04:40:48 AM »

sorry but i've sent the package some time ago.
i've pm you saying that.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2005 05:03:12 AM »

i have received mine! I got wonderful jewelry, mini paintings and glass magnets all in a beautiful box.  Sorry, I was just hoping for a sunny day to take photos! I'll try tomorrow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
Soopah
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2005 10:41:37 AM »

List of people who have not received:

-veludo
-skuterrat
-christy

Please send soon, Let me know if you have received and are on this list.

I sent to christy... right? lol. I'm a spaz... but she sent me a message a long time ago saying that she got it and loved it... i can forward you the message if you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenfish
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005 01:18:29 PM »

Veludo, you should get yours soon, I'm sending it from Philadelphia to Portugal..hopefully thats why theres such a wait. And.. I changed the envelope while at the post office...but the original one had "I LOVE MADERIA" on it.. I visited it 3 years ago and LOOOOOOOOOVED IT! Yay for Portugal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veludo
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2005 10:01:42 AM »

greenfish, i got your package today.
it seems like it's been in the middle of some storm, hurricane or something like that (i'm sure it's been under water because the envelope was tearing apart). one of the items was broken but i love them all.
i do not usually wear earring but i think i'l start now Smiley

thank you so much, i liked everything.  Cheesy

here's the pic:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrs.benjimadden
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2005 10:53:54 AM »

Here is who has not received-

-skuterrat

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2005 06:00:03 PM »

i got mine yesterday from QueenofSwords...... a set of interchangeable earrings (good minds, similar concepts...)

one set of hooks, then four sets of danglies.....love them, will post pic soon!

thanks!!!

Hahahaha, I didn't even notice that you sent out earrings yourself!  Cheesy  Well, I'm glad you like mine.  I've gotten all into this interchangable hook concept recently....

Oh, and you're welcome!

Marty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
skuterrat
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005 02:15:54 PM »

Veludo will be glad to know that I got her package today!  Hopefully I can post photos later this evening or tomorrow, but she sent the cutest "water" thing and an awesome "air" thing!  I love them all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs.benjimadden
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005 04:08:28 PM »

HURRAY!!! No Flakes, everybody has received, I'm so happy! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
skuterrat
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005 09:39:22 PM »

I promised photos, and here they are... Smiley

Veludo did a great job!  There was a bright red notebook to signify fire (I keep thinking "matchbook notebook" even though it's bigger than that!), which was really cool because I've never actually seen a handmade notebook.  Then there's a lovely flower pin, which is great because I hadn't really been into the idea of flower pins until I saw this neat plaid one...the pattern makes it so cool!  The fish keychain speaks for itself, it's just plain adorable.  Finally, the "air" item was definitely the coolest.  The embroidered heart square is actually a coaster made with herbs inside so that it releases scents into the AIR when you set a hot mug on it.  I love the pattern on it, too...Veludo commented that she was thinking about love being in the air when she made it, and that's just what it reminds me of.

Great swap!  Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2005 10:03:44 AM »

here's the purty earring set from QoS:

damn,i love pic hosting!

oh yeah, pics are on a book by the best poet ever.....!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 01:07:41 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2005 08:39:04 AM »

Finally got camera back, so HERE ARE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
706_Designs is awesome! Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005 09:19:02 AM »

Yay!  I've (finally) found my camera cable.  Here are pictures of the awesomeness DeniseM sent me

The candle has found it home in my bathroom

My favorite:

last but not least:

This was such a fun swap!  Thanks again, Denise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
An Interview With New York Times Bestselling Author Lisa Renee Jones
Gary Pomerantz: What Are You Reading?
A. Scott Berg on Woodrow and Edith Wilson
John U. Bacon: What Are You Reading?
Brandon Mull Five Kingdoms Interview
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...