A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
326 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Squares Slippers Knit-a-long!  (Read 4384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2005 04:07:56 PM »

I was lurking out and about when I stumbled upon these cuties!

http://www.frugalhaus.com/homepage/freepat2.htm

I really want to make them because they seem super simple and cozy but i want some people to join in my voyage to keep my feet warm (like i actually need it in florida *sighs*) but anyway it seems fun!

...so whos with me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
j_rabbette
read my blog, damnit!

fat-bottom girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005 11:47:05 AM »

These are like the granny square slippers I like to make... My great grandmother used to crocheted these for me and they are so easy and super comfy... Just make them a bit smaller that you think you'll need... They can stretch out quite a bit.

PEACE

Good Luck

Jessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005 08:23:57 AM »

The look cute and were on my list of things to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kpeob
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005 04:21:32 AM »

Im in, and it will be my first Knit-a-long - how exciting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005 04:40:53 AM »

I am totally in! I need two pairs of them as a gift for my sister and my mom. It would be great and I will start to knit right away tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emilyhrudder
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005 06:32:39 PM »

This project is sooo much fun! I have made 5 pair already. I made a few alterations on the patern though to make less seams, I think every pair was more advanced than the other. For example instead of using 4 small squares for the bottom/ side part knit one large one and not as many seams are on the bottom (1,4,5,6) also the back two as one (2 and 3). I also added an extra square that was sewn on the end of 7 and attached to the 2/3 rectangle. This made more of a boot like slipper and it stayed on better. The childrens sizes are sooo quick and fun fun fun! If you make the childrens get "puff paint" to put gripper dots on the bottom or they will slip on hard wood floors. I got a semi clear puff paint that was glow in the dark for the little ones. Good luck and have fun. Like I said, this one is fun to change around a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005 12:09:25 AM »

This project is sooo much fun! I have made 5 pair already. I made a few alterations on the patern though to make less seams, I think every pair was more advanced than the other. For example instead of using 4 small squares for the bottom/ side part knit one large one and not as many seams are on the bottom (1,4,5,6) also the back two as one (2 and 3). I also added an extra square that was sewn on the end of 7 and attached to the 2/3 rectangle. This made more of a boot like slipper and it stayed on better. The childrens sizes are sooo quick and fun fun fun! If you make the childrens get "puff paint" to put gripper dots on the bottom or they will slip on hard wood floors. I got a semi clear puff paint that was glow in the dark for the little ones. Good luck and have fun. Like I said, this one is fun to change around a little.

I started to knit my sample one and I also made the bottom as one big piece so it won't itch the feet but I didn't think about 2 and 3 can knitting as one piece.. I should do it that way.. less seam more comfy..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donutgirl
I'm Glazed!

Save your forks, there's pie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005 12:25:33 AM »

Ooh, those look fun. And a good way of using up my stash! I'm in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005 03:04:46 AM »

I'd forgotten about this pattern - my son's school wear's indoor shoes - I could make him a pair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005 03:16:38 PM »

yay i recruited me some inspirations not to give up....yipee okay well i'll prolly start like tonite er sumthin... Smiley

I shall post up my progress as i go along

January 23, 2005 (Day 1)

[edit] okay i started today!!! Me being a slow knitter, I'm only on my first square :\ I should be done after like five more rows *sigh* My goal is to finish one slipper by wednesday...yup! okay well hows everyone else doing?

[edit] alriiight! One down 13 1/2 left to go. I'm on a roll... lol Smiley I should finish this one more square in half an hour or so depending on how many snack breaks i venge upon, and then I'll be done for the day...or night i suppose.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2005 05:59:45 PM by mimi_sita12 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Binding a Quilt
Quilting: Squaring Up Material
Quilts You Can Make for Kids
Quilts You Can Make
Quilting: Basic Supplies You Will Need
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...