A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,993
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas scarves (or whatnot)  (Read 7373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dramageek
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004 07:55:49 AM »

staralee, I love your step-mom's wrap thingie!

I am almost DONE!

Let's see, I got everything mailed yesterday that had to mailed. That included: scarf for dad, scarf for brother, baby Uggs for niece, felted bag for sister-in-law. I also made the niece a Christmas stocking duplicating the ones our grandmother made for my brother and I. Yay!

Still to finish: Michelle's felted bag, which I am absolutely in love with (will post pictures later) The colors are very Michelle and I love how the shape turned out. Unfortunately, I forgot to crochet a loop for closure before I felted it, so I need to figure out a solution for that. I think I will either crochet and hand-felt a cord and then stitch it on separately, or I may use leather thong if I can find something I like. I do have the perfect button for it!

Still to begin (ack!): Two simple hats, knit in the round, for the two guys. I'll get these started today, I just hope I have the right size needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004 07:40:39 PM »

thanks!
I'm glad to hear that 4 days till Christmas and someone else is still knitting gifts! I'm making my mom a multi-directional diagonal scarf that I found a link to around here somewhere-I love it....I'll post soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramageek
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2004 08:56:49 PM »

Wow, I finished just in the knick of time - I was still knitting at dinner last night and snuck a couple of gifts to people when their backs were turned  Smiley

OK, the family - this stuff all got mailed Monday - I've already posted my brother's scarf and my niece's booties. Here's my dad's Irish Hiking Scarf:

And my sister-in-law's decorated Sophie bag:

I really wish I had a better picture of that bag. It's so darn cute.

My other gifts - all for the people I work with. Bill and Chris both got hats out of Manos del Uruguay - Bill in variegated browns and Chris in blue. They both liked them a lot and the hats suit each of their personalities. They both couldn't believe I knitted for them while I was going so crazy with all my other projects!

Bill:

Chris:

And finally, one of my favorite things ever - Michelle's bag. I love it, she loves it. So perfect for her. Yay!

And, not knitted, but I made a stocking for my niece as well:

Wow. Next year I start in September.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2004 06:55:30 AM »

wow-it was all beautiful! way to finish it on time! I finished my mom's scarf on the way to her house....but she adored it! yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nonbillablehours
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2005 02:01:56 PM »

Dramageek - where did you get the pattern for Michelle's bag?  That is the most fabulous bag I've seen in a while.

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dramageek
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005 11:57:25 AM »

Dramageek - where did you get the pattern for Michelle's bag?  That is the most fabulous bag I've seen in a while.

thanks!

I actually made it up! It's done in two colors of Cascade 220 - the darker one looks brown but it's a really cool olivey tweed with flecks of orange and turquoise in it. I can't remember what I did exactly but it's shaped similarly to the Sophie bag - garter stitch for the bottom, pick up stitches all around and knit in the round decreasing as needed for shaping. I did three i-cords to braid for the handle.

Thanks for the compliment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Curry Sauce Recipe
What Is Chutney
How Tamarind Is Used in Indian Recipes
Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe
How to Make Channa Masala Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...