A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kansas ice storm  (Read 9707 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2008 03:22:39 PM »

Im From Kansas too! Hays Kansas to be exact! I got some really great pictures from the storm as well!! Here are a couple! Enjoy!~N@

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j298/bluemelody84/IMG_0935Glowresizednamed.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j298/bluemelody84/IMG_0933editedresizednamed.jpg

Thanks for posting your pics! Those are beautiful!

We keep getting snow but luckily the two days of warm(er) weather melted all of the ice AND snow here.  Tuesday I woke up at 3am b/c the sound of rain splatters on my patio and keeps me awake and by 8am when I was leaving for work, it was snowing AND raining.  An hour later at work, it was snowing flakes a good 3" large! GINORMOUS SNOW ATTACK!  Smiley  Now it's just so cold your giblets freeze outside  Cheesy

All these Kansan craftsters...amazin g! Yes, I agree. We should have a get together!  How about everyone drive to Topeka... it is, after all, the capital city! err...town.  I can fit about 4 in my apartment... maybe we should go to Kansas City instead, or Lawrence!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
bluemelody84
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008 10:36:40 AM »

Cheesy Yea we have had two snow storms here in Hays this week! Just when things start to melt, 3am rolls around and we get a new soft inch or two! Those snow piles on the sides of the roads aren't getting any smaller! They are starting to look the color of dirt with little white caps on top! It's like our own little mountains out here in this flat town! I would have taken a photo, but my camera lens is really dirty and wouldn't focus!

Yea I think it would be cool to have us Kansas craftsters get together one day! I make monthly trips to Lawrence and Manhattan, so anything works for me! I'm excited to meet all of you!! Thank you for the kind comments on my photos! It definitely gives me the courage to post more!!~N@ Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
bronzfrog
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008 12:07:14 PM »

I have two ideas for a get together.

# 1 We get together and do craft demos for each other.
or
#2 We have our own version of the Bazaar Bizarre.   Like try to have it on a college campus.

Anyone else have any ideas?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008 12:34:28 PM »

We could get together and eat and drink!  (And bring a project, to keep it craft related.)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
minyathol
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008 08:47:23 PM »

I live in both KC and Hays and I got some amazing pictures from this very same ice storm. Nothing is more beautiful than an ice covered world.

One of the reasons I love Kansas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008 09:35:01 AM »

Well, in October and November, Topeka is buzzing with community craft and art fairs.  Perhaps when it's warm out we should get together to craft stuff and then everyone get one craft booth together at one of the craft fairs Smiley  They usually occur on the weekend and only cost around $50 for one booth. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
bronzfrog
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2008 03:03:54 PM »

That would be fun to do a craft show in Topeka.  Have you done any?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2008 04:10:48 PM »

That would be fun to do a craft show in Topeka.  Have you done any?

Well, yes and no.  I signed up and paid for one a few months ago but I became terribly ill and was hospitalized for a few days and missed out.  My friends who also had a booth with me said it went well and because of them we all got a feel for what sells around here and what doesn't. One of my friends said the smaller stuff went quickly b/c people would look at it, think it was neat, then see it was less than ten bucks and go ahead and buy it.  The bigger more expensive and elaborate things didn't move as quickly or at all....depending on what it was and the people at the fair.

Ya can't really lose going in on one booth together b/c the more like items packed together, the better it looks and the more people flock to it.  Undecided  Where are you from, again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2008 04:45:11 PM »

I'm in Wellington.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY: Texturizing Sea Salt Hair Spray
Pro Tips For Runway To Real Life Hairstyles
Tips For Avoiding Frizzy Hair
How To Use Hot Rollers
How to Get the Hottest Hair Trends in Hollywood
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...