A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Could someone please help me?  (Read 701 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 11, 2007 07:38:20 PM »

I want to make the hat thing Miku is wearing in these pictures for a friend for Christmas. She's loves Miku and would freak if I could make her one. I think it's a calorimetry and I'm fairly certain I can figure that part out fine. The problem I'm having is that at the back of it it looks like it's ruffled where as the front looks flat. How can I acheive that ruffled look? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks so much. <3's~ ^__^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
foreversandals
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007 08:10:59 PM »

With the pictures you have, I can't see the stitch definition. And I also can't see the back of the hat, so I can't help you with how the back is done.  Embarrassed

Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007 08:16:40 PM »

That's ok. ^^ Unfortunately these seem to be the only pics of him I can find of him in this hat and they aren't very clear and helpful as far as the stitches go. TwT I may have to think of another gift for her if I can't figure this out. lol I had thought he wore it in one of the music videos but I can't find that either so I guess I was wrong about that. It might would help if I was more familiar with the band...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007 10:04:27 AM »

the concept itself doesn't look that complicated. It looks like a topless hat to me. Think tube!
It looks like basically a tube and to get the gathered effect well that could be the piece but to be honest it looks like his hair does it to me. Gathering like that is done by increasing a few times in a stitch where it doesn't really belong to make it ruffle.

the little strandy bits just look like pieces of yarn and you could even braid a few or unravel the pieces a bit to get that crimpy curly look.
I would try either Double crochet or half double crochet and see which you like better, or even go back and forth between the two. Since it looks like a lumpy texture.

It also looks like it might be make using a thick and thin yarn. Basically the yarn is hand spun and has thick places and thinner places. There are some machine spun yarns that are sold like this but I've personally never seen them. My recommendation would be to use lion-brand homespun or something simillar are the bumpy texture is very simillar. Smiley

Hope that helps some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chel02
Kakusei Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008 12:57:42 PM »

awww miku! actually i considered making this too ^_^. i love his jacket as well..

as for the hat/headband, i think it might be a mix of half/double/tripple crochet....

and i'm not sure if it was in a vid i think it may have been a photoshoot, being an an cafe fan i've never seen it in a vid, but there are very very brief clips of it in this video... but you can barely see it, but its a funny cute vid anyways so heres the link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQl_WQQMHmY

don't know if that will help at all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Store!

www.kakusei-designs.co.nr

(opening sooon!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A650 IS: Getting Started
Canon A610/A620: Set White Balance Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Underwater Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Timer Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Sunset Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...