A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How Bazaar! (Image massive) - Now with Patterns!  (Read 56416 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pattern , bobble_bracelet_pattern , wrist_cuff  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purple princess
Oh yeah! I'm a REAL princess!

I like to make a creative mess :o)

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2007 06:39:50 AM »

hiya!

wanted to share this, thanks to angry angel for the inspiration

my four year old announced his desire for a 'wrist sweat band mummy, like this boy at school club has...'

so out came my yarn and hook, he chose the colour (honest) and we decided on a star rather than the swoosh the other boy's had.....

then my two year old decided he wanted one too (of course)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007 06:41:02 AM by purple princess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

this too will pass
mplsdeanna
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2007 06:31:01 PM »

WOW! It is amazing how much detail and personality you always manage to put into your work -- and it's even more amazing when you can do that for a tiny little thing that fits into your hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marilyn1363
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2007 07:38:22 PM »

Theses are beautiful, I know my son will love the worms and caterpillar (all insects). I will love to have instructions to make some for him. Thank you Marilyn  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2007 02:45:22 AM »

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! And purple princess, love your wristbands!

I've tried to write up all the patterns, I hope they make sense. Here goes:

Christmas Bazaar Crochet Patterns

Im using US terminology for stitches.

Wristband

Use 2 strands of yarn and a 4.5mm hook
Ch 7, miss 1st ch and sc in back loops only in the rest of the 6 ch. Ch 1, turn and continue in the same way until it is long enough to go round a childs or an adults wrist. Join by putting your hook through 1 loop of original chain and back loop of current row and slipstitch together. Finish off by either sewing the ends in or, making sure that all 4 ends are in the same place, tie a knot in them, thread on an interesting button or bead and tie another knot to keep it in place. Cut the ends to the desired length.

Bobble Bracelet

Use 4mm hook. Use 1 or 2 colours of yarn, and you will need a button or bead to use as a closure.
This is about the right length for a small child, increase the chain in multiples of 2 for a larger fit.
Ch 27, miss 1st ch & sc 26 *. Ch1, turn.
[Sc, 3dc bobble ] x 12, sc, make loop for button [YOH x 2, into sc, YOH pull through, YOH, pull through 2, YOH, pull through all loops (3)] *. Ch1, turn.
Sc 26, FO using end to sew on button & sew in any other loose ends.

* change colour here if you want the edges to be one colour & the middle another.

My Pet Worm or Caterpillar.

Use whatever colour yarn you want your worm or caterpillar to be. If you want your caterpillar to be fuzzy, youll need a little bit of eyelash yarn. Youll also need some black yarn to make the face. 4mm hook.

Ch 13, turn.
Miss 1st 2 ch and do 3 dc bobble into 3rd ch, (sc, 2 dc bobble) x 4, sc, sc, ch1, turn.
Sc x 11, ch2, turn.
3 dc bobble, (sc, 2 dc bobble) x 4, sc, sc, (change to eyelash yarn here if youre using it) ch1, turn.
Join the edges with slipstitch, putting the hook through back loop of current row and the other side of the original chain. Make sure you put the original tail of yarn in the inside as you join, youll need it to make an antenna. (Keep the start of the fuzzy yarn inside too, itll save tidying it up later). Finish off, leaving enough yarn to make the other antenna. This is the head. If its a caterpillar, the joined side is the top (I think the bobbles look like stumpy legs at the bottom), the other way up for a worm, so take that into account when you sew on the features. There is an open part at the front of the head, so tie a knot in the black yarn and sew it through from the inside to make an eye. Leave the black yarn hanging and use one of the ends to sew up the front of the head, then make an antenna by sewing once in the same place, tying a knot where you want the end of the antenna to be, and cutting off any excess. Do the same with the other end for the other antenna. Finish off sewing the features, another eye & a mouth (the creature is so small it doesnt have to be very detailed), take the black yarn through the body & cut off.

Mini Snowman.

Use 2 different colours for the hat (one of them for the scarf), white (obviously!), a little orange for the carrot nose & a little black for the eyes. 3.5mm hook.

Assuming you know how to work in the round*, here is the number of stitches (sc) each round.

Start at top, colour 1: 6, 9
Colour 2: 12
Colour 1: 12
White: 12 x 4, 18 x 5, 12, 6
Pull all 4 ends of coloured yarn through the top of the hat, knot together and cut to make a little bobble.
Finish off & stuff.

Sew on face before closing hole.
Eyes: French knot, yarn round the needle twice.
Nose: French knot, yarn round the needle 5 times.

Scarf: using colour 2 ch 23 & tie around snowmans neck.

Mini Hedgehog.

Use whatever colour of yarn you like (obviously brown is most realistic) and a matching fuzzy yarn. Use a small amount of black for features. 3.5 or 4mm hook.

Assuming you know how to work in the round*, here is the number of stitches (sc) each round.

Plain yarn only: 6, 6, 8, 10, 12, round with ears [work 3 sc, 3 dc bobble, 3 sc, 3 dc bobble, 4 sc] (push the bobbles towards the outside).
Plain and fuzzy yarn together: 12 x 5, 6. Finish off & stuff.
Use black yarn to sew on eyes & mouth then sew up hole.

Mini Cat.

Use one or two colours, striping where you like. Use a small amount of black for features. 3.5mm hook.

6, round with ears [2 sc in 1st stitch, 2 sc in 2nd stitch, 3 dc popcorn and sc in 3rd stitch, repeat in next 3 stitches making 12 stitches in total], 12 x 4, 18 x 4, round with tail [sc around to back of cat, ss, ch 10, miss 1st ch and ss back along chain, ss into original stitch, continue round], 12, 6. Finish off & stuff.
Use black yarn to sew face however you like then sew up hole.

Mini Bird.

Use whatever colour of yarn you like, & find a contrast yarn to sew the wings. Use a bit of yellow for the beak and a bit of black for the eyes.

Assuming you know how to work in the round*, here is the number of stitches (sc) each round. Inc 2 means do 2 sc in one stitch.

I did two different versions of this. For a more chubby bird I think I used the same proportions as the cat [6, 12 x 5, 18 x 5, 12, 6], but Im not exactly sure as I didnt write it down. For a more shapely bird I did the following:

6, 9 x 4, [inc 2, 1 sc, inc 2, 1 sc, inc 2, 1 sc x 4 (total 12 sc)], [inc 2, 1 sc x 2, inc 2, 1 sc x 2, inc 2, 1 sc x 5 (total 15 sc)], [inc 2, 1 sc x 3, inc 2, 1 sc x 3, inc 2, 1 sc x 6 (total 18 sc)], 18 x 2, 12, 6. Finish off & stuff.
Sew on details.
Eyes: French knot, yarn round the needle twice.
Beak: French knot, yarn round the needle 5 times.
Wings: 4 long lines on each side of body.
Sew up hole.

Have fun, & let me see what you make!

*Here's the very simple version of how to work in the round to make little creatures like these.
Ch 2, miss the ch nearest to the hook, and sc into the first ch however many times the pattern says for the first round (6 for all the above patterns). The work will then continue in a spiral, so mark the start of the round with a scrap of yarn between stitches. To increase from 6 sc to 12 sc do 2 sc in each stitch. To increase from 12 to 18 do 2 sc in one stitch and 1 in the next, repeating till you get to the end of the round. To decrease from 2 stitches to 1 insert hook, pull through yarn, insert into next stitch, pull through yarn, yarn over hook & pull through all loops on hook.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007 06:14:29 AM by Angry Angel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2007 02:54:56 AM »

Let me just express my complete and utter love for you  Kiss. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous patterns, you are very generous. If I can make some anywhere near as good as yours I will be thrilled.

Eve
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
mysweetie75
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2007 03:27:01 AM »

I want to say thank you as well for the patterns.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007 04:26:52 AM »

Thanks so much for the patterns!!!Can't wait till I can try them after Christmas....!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Twinkling Star
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007 04:44:52 AM »

Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to write up the patterns.  We are all so busy, especially this time of year.
I know they will be enjoyed by many - Your Gift to all!
Thanks again,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2007 05:35:37 AM »

Ok, am the only one here that doesn't know what "work in a round" means?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2007 05:45:46 AM »

yes. yes you are.

j/k

it means work around in a circle.

thanks for the patterns! now if only i knew how to read them... sigh.

oh well, bookmarked for later!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking With Miso
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Hearty Miso Soup Recipe
Easy Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut-Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...