A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hand painted and sewn tee shirts and hoodies  (Read 17552 times)
Tags for this thread: no_knit_scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skarinja
« on: December 10, 2007 03:07:23 PM »

Lots of new shirts!!!

The shtuff: I use American Apparel shirts and hoodies as my basics. I hand dye them with RIT dye. It takes a long time but saves me a ton of money and adds to the customization factor. I hand painted all the shirts/hoodies with Polymark fabric paint and/or Scribble fabric paint. For screenprinted shirts I made my own screens with screen silk and pieces of wood. I used speedball screen fabric paint. All sewn shirts are sealed on the sewn edges with Fraycheck to prevent fraying.

The entourage:

Cells: I made a pair of undies for a swap covered in cells that inspired me to make this shirt. I used a screen print for the brown cell membrane outline.

Soul minus body: My newest version of the old Soul Meets Body... I got bored of making it. I like that black and white yet colorful bright graphics feel. This one's inspired by Head Automatica's old graphics.

Lobster: I made this for a swap on a regular crew neck and decided to make more. I love the fabric. It has a painted outline but is sewn on.

Octopus: A variation on the lobster. It's outlined in white and black.

Splatter peace: Made peace signs out of tape and put them on the shirt. (Olga really did these. She's a beast) Squirted tons of paint into the hand, threw it at the shirt. Peel off the tape and wa-la. Done. By putting it on the back, the thicker paint no longer interferes with boobies. Yayyy.

eNJoy: A new version.. more modern.

Peace scarf: Just some sewn peace signs

Starz: The outline of stars used as stripes... Just for fun I suppose. Its blue white and black.

Tree: Same fabric as the lobster. A sewn underarm tree. (Olga's the tree maker, I just sew them)

The paint used (EVERYONE always asks me, I finally have pics!):

If you want to know how to use the paint or something, let me know. I took pictures of myself painting to show people. I was gonna put it on Craftopedia but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Questions, comments, helpful criticism, compliments: all is appreciated. Please let me know what you think! I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 03:09:39 PM by skarinja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007 03:14:29 PM »

I really love the Lobster and the Tree. I love the fabric and the way it looks on those tees. Great job!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threehang
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007 03:15:58 PM »

Those are all so amazing, and look so time consuming! I would never have the patience to do that. But it looks very well worth it.

I love the star-stripes. Such a cool idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsnubs
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007 03:18:13 PM »

i absolutely love every single shirt you made. they are amazing. i love love love the peace sign ones. its so cool. everything is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live the life you love. <3
nika74
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007 03:19:13 PM »

I LOVE THOSE SHIRTS i was trying to think of something to give my guy friend who's very unusual and seems like hes gay but isn't.. THANK YOU now  i know what I'm going to do I'm going to make him a shirt with a custom design!!!!!! yes... *runs out of room looking for supplies* Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007 03:19:21 PM »

Freakin' awesome - love the lobster and the peace ones  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
remisser
just some guy

gotta love crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007 03:35:54 PM »

The one with the guitars is awesome.  A step by step on that one would rule
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 crafster, etsy and all things craft
skarinja
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007 03:47:24 PM »

The one with the guitars is awesome.  A step by step on that one would rule

No problem. I used white screen print paint and painted the entire background of the bottom where I wanted the objects to be. After it dried I used black to paint in the circles and objects. If the white wasn't white enough in some areas, I used regular fabric paint to go over it again. I then held my hand over the bottom design and used spray black fabric paint to spray the in between area. Then I used black to outline the shapes of the guitar necks and then white too to make it more 3D. I then drew stripes with the different colors and filled them. I did a second coat on everything to make sure it was dark enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007 04:08:44 PM »

wow. i love the cell shirt!! i should make one to wear to my bio exams...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
craftladyofsteel
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007 04:36:57 PM »

I am in awe of your amazing skills. They are all so stunning. I especially love the cell shirt. I laughed when I realized it looks pretty accurate. Thanks for posting!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew
How to Make the Advanced Model of Paper Airplane
How to Make a Shirt Out of Paper
How to Make a Stitch
How to Make the Ribstitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...