A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Resizing pictures before upload  (Read 6066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrs.benjimadden
« on: January 01, 2005 08:39:47 PM »

When I try to upload photos into the Craftster picture hosting it says the picture is too big, how do I resize the picture?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 07:21:52 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are not vigilant and demanding of your talent everyday, you will slowly become what you hate.

My wist!!
www.wists.com/johkay03
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005 01:00:39 PM »

what kind of computer do you have? Do you have photoshop?
I dont know if this will help: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=21271.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005 07:48:54 AM »

I finally learned how to post pics thanks to a visual but anyway how do I resize them some of my pics I can upload and then some say that they are to big if I some and crop it makes it to small and cuts out a lot of detail need help??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005 07:52:45 AM »

I use paint shop pro and use the resize window. I have no idea what I'm doing but keep trying differant things until it works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005 08:09:31 AM »

what is that I am sorry I am very dumb when it comes to computers do i have to buy that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005 11:36:38 AM »

Its okay, when it comes to some computer programs I'm computer dumb too.

Paint Shop Pro does not come automatically on computers it is a program you must buy, however I'm not sure but there might be a computer program already avaiable on yours.

However, you might be able to download Paint Shop Pro but it is illegal i believe or brrow a friends copy and never register it (again illegal),

However I'm not sure about all this so you might want a second opinion on this all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005 11:43:01 AM »

ok just me luck its not free but thanks for the info I need to take a computer course or something. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005 11:48:12 AM »

Hi LovelyScrubs!

If you use windows XP you can get a free add on that allows you to resize photos.  Go to this page http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx and download & install image resizer.

When you've installed it then go to the image(s) that you want to resize, select them & right click.  You should get a resize pictures option near the top of the menu, select that & then choose the size that you want, press OK.  It'll resize your picture, making a smaller copy of it and putting it in the same folder as the original, so if you wanted to resize a picture called 'Skirt.jpg' you'd end up with both that and (something like 'skirt (small).jpg in the same folder.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005 12:08:21 PM »

If all else fails you can resize pictures using good ol' MS Paint. 

Open the picture then select Image from the menu bar and then Stretch/Skew from the menu.

If you want to make the picture bigger enter matching values greater than 100 in the fields marked Horizontal and Vertical in the Stretch section.  If you want to shrink the picture, enter matching values less than 100 in those fields.  Don't enter anything in the Skew section. 

Click OK.  If you like what you see, select File and then Save to replace the existing picture with the new one, or Save As... to specify a new name for the resized picture.  If you don't like what you see, change the size again or select File and Exit to abort the process.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005 05:29:24 PM by Fidget » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005 12:15:43 PM »

Thanks a lot everyone for your advise I tried both ways and they work way better than this dell thing on this computer .Watch out for major pics from me. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pink Applesauce Pancakes
How to Make Charred Tomatoes and a Fried Egg on Garlic Toast
How to Make a Moist and Juicy Meatloaf
Recipe: 5-Cheese Mac & Cheese With Bacon Sausage
How to Make a Cheddar Beer Pumpkin Dip and Beer-Can Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...