A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Central Ohio/Columbus Area Thrift Stores  (Read 4742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redpixiegrrl

Spinsters of the world unite!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2003 09:56:52 PM »

Salvation Army/2632 Morse Rd/Columbus, OH  and other locations Closed Sun.

The Salvation Army doesn't seem to have been hit as hard by the "hipster" crowd as some of the other thrifts. And usually they only look for funky t's anyway.... Wink

This is a GREAT store to score vintage clothing from the 60's and 70's. I've also seen 50's era stuff there at times.

They have a lot of great housewares from the above eras as well. I got some really cool kitschy glasses w/names of alcoholic drinks on them among other things.

Ohio Thrift Stores/SR 161 and 7 other locations
These stores are not run by charities and tend to have a mixture of old and new stuff.  They are also pretty good about marking up the "kitschy collectible" stuff. Not much vintage. If you can stand the crowds they have 50% off days once a month, usually on Wednesdays. The 50% only applies to wearable stuff though. Open Sundays.

Goodwill Columbus/2100 Morse Road and 3 other locations
These stores are largely hit and miss for vintage and collectable stuff. The Campus location (2768 N. High) prices their vintage stuff higher, the other locations don't. Open Sundays, which is nice.

VOA Thrift Stores/Various locations
None of the VOA stores are near me, so I don't go very often. They seem to fit the (evil) stereotype of thrift stores, though. Kinda grungy and they seem to take stuff that the other thrifts wouldn't.

If you are thrifty/crafty and live in (or are visiting)  Ohio or the Central Ohio area, let me know! It would be fun to meet other Craftster gals!

redpixiegrrl@yahoodotcom
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For kitsch and retro fun, visit my Swell Spinster Store!

http://www.zazzle.com/contributors/home/default.asp?cid=238469330628156288
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006 06:22:08 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
Subversive

Living in hope

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006 06:12:49 AM »

A couple of places I've stumbled over recently that have good prices and interesting selection:  The Trading Post at First Community Church (corner of Cambridge and W. 1st Avenue in the Grandview/Marble Cliff area) and Things on Third, on W. 3rd Ave.  between Olentangy River Rd. & Northwest Blvd.  Things on 3rd doesn't have clothing, but they have a lot of household/decor things and the prices are CHEAP, plus it's consignment, so if you have things in good shape that you'd like to get rid of and make a little money in the process, but don't want to go thru the hassle of doing your own garage sale, check it out.  (They've apparently been there quite a while - several years? - and are flourishing, so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off by a shop that goes belly-up within a few months of opening.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Capultum habeo.  Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis ad caput tuum saxem mittam.  (Translation:  I have a catapult.  Give me all your money or Ill fling enormous rocks at your head.)
lilthreadangel
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009 04:18:59 PM »

Thank you so much I am always looking for sales and especially thrift stores...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KTsLaLaLand
Midwest Mindmelter

Taking Over with Toys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010 10:41:01 AM »

I live in the Clintonville area, and there are tons of fun kitschy places. Unfortunately, most of those places are getting more expensive by the day.  Sad

As pricey as it is, I still love to go to Rag-O-Rama sometimes. Plus, they have their famous Dollar Sale every summer (where they give you a free laundry bag!) and it's completely worth the insanity. Any other time of the year and it's pretty much a hipster hangout.

The Goodwill on North High St. (161) usually has GREAT stuff. I've never been disappointed with the things they have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a packrat. I'm prepared. ^_^

Making the World a Better Place:
http://www.DoctorSteel.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blowout Troubles? What Products You Need for a Week of Great Hair
Are Blondes and Brunettes Actually Treated Differently?
The Hairstyle That Will Fit Your Face
How to Get Eye Shadow Highlights for Natural Hair
Hollywood Waves Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...