A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funny Christmas related fortune cookie fortunes? Anyone want to help?  (Read 586 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jibbly

weeeeeeeeeee!!!

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2007 09:37:49 PM »

Hi guys! Long time lurker, first time topic poster here.

So, I'm trying to make this Christmas a homemade one and the first thing that came to my mind were baked goods. Who doesn't love something gooey and dipped in chocolate, right? Anyway, one of the baked goods I want to make (the only one not gooey and dipped in chocolate I might add) are gingerbread fortune cookies. I really need some help coming up with funny, Christmas related fortunes, though. Anyone game?

Any help would be much obliged.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slackferno
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007 07:26:12 AM »

You may find yourself under mistletoe with someone other than Aunt Gladys.  Have a mint.

Your stocking will contain only Elf-Help books.

Myrrh?  You're giving me myrrh?  Thanks.  No, really.  I live in a barn, y'know.

What are you doing New Year's Eve?  'Cuz I really need a designated driver.

Teacher says every time a bell rings, God kills a kitten.

Chipmunks roasting on an open fire

Enjoying the cookie?  Diet starts January 1.  (800) 597-JENNY

You have the strength of ten Grinches, plus two

No kid wants to play with a Charlie-in-the-Box!

That wasn't egg nog.

...and can you post the recipe for gingerbread fortune cookies?  Sounds delicious!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jibbly

weeeeeeeeeee!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007 03:52:57 AM »

Hey, thanks! Those will work great! I could use some more though guys, let's hear em!

As for the recipe, I haven't made them yet so I don't know how they'll turn out. I'm going to make a test batch next weekend just to make sure they're good. Here you go, though:

3 large Egg whites
cup White sugar
1 tablespoon Honey
teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ground ginger
1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
teaspoon Ground nutmeg
6 tablespoon Unsalted butter, melted and cooled but still liquid
cup Unbleached or white all-purpose flour

These are crisper than the traditional fortune cookie and also a lot tastier. Type out the fortunes, then cut each into a thin strip 4.5 - 5 inches long. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease the baking sheets. Whisk together egg whites, granulated sugar, and honey. Whisk in salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then the butter. Beat or whisk in the flour just until mixed. Use no more than a level tablespoon for each cookie or they'll be too large. Drop the cookies at least 3" apart onto the baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon or a butter knife, spread the cookies out to form even 3"-diameter circles. Bake the sheets (5 or 6 cookies per sheet) at 5 minute intervals. Bake 10 minutes until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Remove the sheet from the oven. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for about 10 seconds, until you can slip a spatula under one without tearing it apart. You now need to work very quickly. Remove one cookie and place it top side down on your counter. Lay a fortune across the center, sticking out on one side. Fold the cookie over the fortune, then quickly push the ends of the flat side toward each other to form the traditional fortune cookie shape. Form the rest of the baked cookies, then place them on a rack to cool. Regrease the baking sheet well before each batch. Makes 40
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanius - Grace Givens on Blue and White Patterns
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Comme Des Garçons in Paris
Jeanius - Chloe Malle on Wearing Pop Over Shirts
From the Vogue Closet - How to Wear a Slip Dress
Angelina Jolie: A Hollywood Style Star
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...