A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If a zombie apocalypse happened in Vegas, would it stay in Vegas?
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative ways of wrapping/presenting jewelry?  (Read 2412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

soupurrrvhixin
i've got people to see & places that i need to burn down

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2007 10:29:10 AM »

i bought this really beautiful bracelet for my mom for christmas, but i don't just want to wrap the box, i want to make the presentation really special.

any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007 11:33:20 AM by soupurrrvhixin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes,
us people are just poems
we're 90% metaphor
with a leanness of meaning
approaching hyper-distillation
manceinion
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007 12:05:36 PM »

Not sure if it's what you mean, but I'll tell the story anyway;

One Christmas when I was a kid I'd bought my mum some earrings she'd been commenting on. Then one day and my mum were out in town looking at random things and passed a game. You know the sort where you play darts or hook a duck to win a cute thing. Well she really liked these little rabbits wearing dresses they were giving away as prizes and commented on it. So, the next day or so, after school I went into town and played said game to win one of these rabbits. I put the earrings onto the rabbit's ears and wrapped in cellophane with ribbon. She opened it delighted but it took her ages to notice the earrings! Which was an even bigger surprise as she only thought I'd won her a rabbit. ^__^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jhenmason
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007 09:00:43 AM »

this might not be what you are looking for but this is a really cute idea.
many moons ago, my then-boyfriend bought a kinder-egg, very carefully unwrapped it (so as not to damage the foil wrapping), very carefully pried it in half (along the 'seam') took out the free toy and put in a special gift. then he put the two halfs together again, melting the seams back together (how???) and wrapped it all back up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

designer, photographer, painter...
                          creator of things good and girly
www.tisktisk.ca
www.jhenmason.etsy.com
Lobster Magnet
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007 10:53:41 AM »

Well, if you're willing to ditch the box the bracelet came in...

Viv and Ingrid are pretty cool jewelry designers and they happen to put their jewelry in these really cute fabric pouches (see link below) (and no, I have no affiliation with V&I, I just got done buying stuff from their website  Wink)

http://vivandingrid.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=262&idproduct=763

Anyway, it would be pretty easy to make a fabric envelope that you could slip the bracelet in, then tie with ribbon or make a ribbon band like in the link. Looks cute and professional and if you're anything like me you might have fabric scraps sitting around that could be put to good use.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007 08:53:55 AM »

I usually put the stuff I make/buy into fancy little boxes that can be reused or repurposed as something else.  Then it's kind of like having two presents. 

I put a bracelet for a friend in a candy dish once and covered the bracelet with her favorite candy and put the whole thing in a box and wrapped it in fabric.  She didn't know it was in there til she was done eating all of the candy.  (just make sure it's something she won't toss out!)

You could also wrap it in several boxes inside of other boxes (like Russian dolls!) and let her constantly unwrap boxes and maybe have something in each box like candy or cards or something.  I do this with my niece and nephew but I duct tape their gifts shut  Roll Eyes  They always say it annoys them but the truth is they look forward to finding what's inside the duct taped gifts each year and it builds 20 mins of unwrapping suspense!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I eat personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stop Fridge Noises on Set
On Set Walkie Talkie Lingo
Film Set Safety
How to Script a Documentary
Concept of Exposure Latitude
Latest Blog Articles
The Latest in Zombie Decor
I Am Zombie Homer
Beware! Zombunnies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...