A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,333
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Goldern Compass  (Read 3554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anasbubbalu
can we knit awhile?

KnitKnitKnitKnitKnitKnitKnit...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007 08:24:46 PM »

I saw the movie Sunday and began knitting the bonnet that night...I will post pictures...but all I did was stocking knit a rectangle increasing the stitches gradually to make it a little wider on one end than the other...then I seamed it up the back and made some little ties...I wanted it to have that little point in the back, I actually used lion brand and I didn't realize till later thats what everything looked like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a substance abuse problem...I'm addicted to yarn.( I also have a knitting bloggy thaingamajig that i rarely update...)
http://sappytrees.blogspot.com/
ooohhh look-I'm a minion too! www.myspace.com/iknit
Gestalta_Sara
Queen Two Shakes and a Shimmy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007 12:58:09 PM »

I saw the movie Sunday and began knitting the bonnet that night...I will post pictures...but all I did was stocking knit a rectangle increasing the stitches gradually to make it a little wider on one end than the other...then I seamed it up the back and made some little ties...I wanted it to have that little point in the back, I actually used lion brand and I didn't realize till later thats what everything looked like.

Yay, at least now I know I am on the right track!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatyerhartout
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007 01:30:10 PM »

I just saw the movie today. And boy am I ticked off at the ending. I thought it was a good movie, not as good as it could have been, but still good. Except for the ending. It would have been so much better with the book's ending. More rounded and actually FINISHED!! But no...stupid Hollywood. Had to mess with a good thing. *sigh* That was really the only thing I didn't like about it.

Anyway, back on topic--Knitting! I really liked Lyra's pink jacket. I'd probably never wear it, but she looked so cute and cozy in it. And it's definately Lion Brand. Looking forward to seeing Gestalta_Sara and anasbubbalu's renditions of the bonnet.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007 09:16:03 AM by eatyerhartout » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
Autumnleaf
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007 09:53:08 PM »

The ending pissed me off to no end as well, but I think they wanted to leave it on a happy note in case they don't make the sequals.

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be making the rest of the series... everybody in the US really hated the movie. It was, apparently, "too confusing." The reception was much better in Europe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mint
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007 04:45:44 PM »

nevermind the jacket I love that hat... oh I wish I had more pictures cus I don't think I'll get out to see the movie.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Autumnleaf
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007 08:33:44 PM »

I can't wait until the DVD comes out... I actually really enjoyed the movie, and I think it'll be nice to get a closer view of the costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007 07:25:01 PM »

I found this on ravelry. Here's a pattern for the hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Calliste
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007 12:07:01 AM »

I really love that hat! Now I need to learn how to read patterns, since the only thing I've ever knit are regular scarfs Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007 12:32:13 AM »

i added it to my queue... and casted on... but i think I need to reCO... too little stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovieDovieAnn
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008 05:57:34 AM »

I realize I'm bumping a three week old thread, but I sooooooooooo want to make all the knits she wore in the movie. My hubby kept having to tell me shut up cause in the middle of things I'd talk about how to make whatever awesome handknit piece she was wearing. ahahhahahaha

I need a little girl willing to wear them, though.  Angry

Maybe I can pull off knitting them in boy colors and forcing them on my toddler in hopes no one will notice how feminine they are.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Use Natural Dyes for Easter Eggs
How to Do Decorative Yarn Orbs
How to Make an Easter Nest Ornament
How to Make a Simple Easter Egg Drying Rack
Rustic Floral Arrangements for Easter
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...