A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,185
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What will the mail carrier think of our feminist revolution? (Signup closed!)  (Read 3126 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

germ@n_chocol@te
« on: January 01, 2005 10:45:09 AM »

Swap name: What Will the Mail Carrier Think: Feminist Revolution!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: germ@n_chocol@te
Sign-up date range: CLOSED
Date to send item by: January 18

Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, only thirteen for this one folks. If this is really popular I might bump the number up, though I won't exceed 20.

Non-U.S. participants allowed? All the international spots have been filled! Next time I"ll try to open it up to more international people.  Wink

All ages allowed? Yes.

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: I am!

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: Yes.

Details of swap: Alright. You know the routine. Send and receive twelve postcards. Unlike rules for the other postcard swaps, you must make all of the postcards you send. This postcard swap has taken on the theme of female/feminism so be sure to incorperate this into your design and text. 

Why should I sign up? Postage on standard size postcards is only $0.23 (6in long by 4-1/4in high). Any size larger than that is just $0.37. This is a very inexpensive swap! Plus...you'll get to go wild creating! And who doesn't want to receive a multitute of "women" postcards? Not me!

How to create: I suggest using colored cardstock (because it is studry) for your "foundaton" and transforming it. Some ideas include collage, photography, block prints, paint, texture, patterns, computer generated design, leaf/nature impressions, stamp, stickers...plus: anything of these ideas can be incorperated into something really beautiful if you add text such as poetry or.....who knows what. Be as creative and original as you can, but keep it clean and mailable (as in, you don't want funny apendages prodruding from your postcard that would be likely to fall off during the journey your postcard will take to your fellow craftsters mailbox). This swap is more about personal expression and fun than perfection. As far as the backsides, you can scrawl pretty much anything you like.....graffiti, poetry, ramblings, more artwork, quotes, jokes, notes, lipstick smudges.....If you're interested, please fill in the information below. Remember: Our theme is female/feminism related. Create something that represents what this means to you.

When can I begin?
The address lists will be out late Friday or Saturday. In the meantime, feel free to get started on your rockin postcards. Additional inspiration can be found in the swap gallery as well as inside your very crafty self!

A note on postcard swappin': Delivery confirmation can not be obtained through regular post...therefore, postcard swaps will run on the honor system, so please be honest. If you can't send your postcards on time, let us know! 

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
You must be willing to ship outside the USA to participate in this swap. Are you willing?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Participants:
germ@n_chocol@te
jessicakes
decibel
blackcat
casslyra
recyclednew
iqjones
quarkiegirl
crafty_dame
wenderella
starmeg
tinybits
darkhairedgirl
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005 10:38:34 AM by germ@n_chocol@te » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005 12:34:54 PM »

I signed  up! Yes! It will be fun!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minanina
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005 01:19:17 PM »

*i'm in too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005 01:21:21 PM »

I signed up too! Hope I'm not too late because this sounds like so much fun!

Girl Power! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
germ@n_chocol@te
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005 06:17:33 PM »

Great girls! It's on the first day and we've got eight participants (including muah). I'm really excited about this. Thanks for the enthusiasm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlagurl
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005 09:20:12 PM »

what do you guys do with all the postcards when you get them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decibel
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005 04:18:48 PM »

what do you guys do with all the postcards when you get them?

Just sit and admire them? Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005 04:29:13 PM »

I hung my last ones up on my cupboards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
germ@n_chocol@te
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005 09:04:17 PM »

Just to update, I think we've got about 13 participants. Accidentally a few too many international postcards than preposed. I put a cork on those ones though. I'll keep signups open for another day or two, but I'd say 13 is a pretty good number. And it's great we've had so much enthusiasm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
germ@n_chocol@te
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005 10:54:53 PM »

Second update: I'll be on the busy side until Friday afternoon so, despite the fact that signups are closed, addresses wont be out til the weekend. Just want you all to know that I hadn't forgotten! Don't hesitate to start on your postcards anyhow. Just remember: I know it's femenism and all, but keep it clean!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Bria Murphy Behind-The-Scenes For Dark & Lovely
Hair How To: The Grecian Twist
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...