A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twinkle Twinkle [holiday jewelry set]  (Read 1076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

abandonedcouch
« on: December 06, 2007 06:37:25 PM »

I forget what I originally went to Walmart for but I know that my attention deficit disorder dragged me into the Christmas section, where it caught sight of some shiny and colorful miniature Christmas light charms that it absolutely demanded I buy.

Since I work with kids [portrait photographer] I wanted some cute little holiday jewelry to wear to work but didn't want to get too MawMaw/Elementary School Teacher with it. So I made these, which I think are both cute and festive yet still manage not to look frumpy.

And here's an action shot [i.e. me covering up my sweaty post-work face]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Signatures are for sissies.
black and white photo
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007 06:43:36 PM »

hehe, those are cool!
ive seen those at target 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeadHead
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007 06:47:09 PM »

Cheesy Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

half a bee
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007 06:49:48 PM »

Those are fun.  And I just have to say that the profile picture of your cat actually made me laugh aloud.  I don't know what ills my cat would inflict on me if I tried to dress him up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007 06:57:35 PM »

Very cute! And don't diss the elementary school teachers, that's what I'm going to school for, and we are not frumpy!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Jamieee
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007 07:31:51 PM »

I love 'em. I might have to go pick some up to make something for my work party coming up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abandonedcouch
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007 03:04:10 PM »

Very cute! And don't diss the elementary school teachers, that's what I'm going to school for, and we are not frumpy!  Tongue

Of course, I don't mean all elementary school teachers.  I mean that little old lady who wore long denim skirts festooned with teachy-type appliques like rulers and apples with turtlenecks that had holiday-themed broaches pinned to them [generally it had a little switch in the back that played 'Jingle Bells' tinnily when it was turned on]. Come on now, you know you had one. Mine was my favorite teacher ever and she totally changed my life, but turtlenecks still skeeve me a little.  Wink

Thank you all for the compliments! I highly recommend making a pair for yourselves, they're super easy and instant gratification. Cheap too!

PS: I wish that was my cat. I got that picture from http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/takuhai/catprin/. Someone else on this forum has or had an avatar of the same cat in a different outfit that is equally ridiculous. If I subjected Fuzz to such nonsense, he would eat the offending garment and then take a poop in my bathtub to teach me a lesson.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007 03:21:08 PM by abandonedcouch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Signatures are for sissies.
iKnit.iPurl
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007 02:51:08 PM »

Very cute little lights. Very Christmasy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit, therefore I am.

- AJ
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use Your Sekonic Light Meter
Portrait Photography Tips
How to use 2 Different Light Setups in Photography
How to Choose Light Sources
How to Choose a Softbox for your Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...