A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,421
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fancy cupcake wrappers - how did they do this?  (Read 1732 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« on: December 06, 2007 01:41:33 PM »

Beautiful cupcake wrappers (no longer a detriment to your lovely baking in boring pastels).  A genious idea to have them themed.  I wish there were any easy way to DIY them.

Check out this link:  http://www.paperorchidstationery.com/modules/cart/navigate.php/nav_id/775

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007 04:29:08 PM »

Gosh! Those are just fabulous and far too exquisite to just rip away from your everyday cupcake.  And maybe laser cut?  The image of the one lying flat was enlightening.  They are just the sides of the wrapper, wrapped around the cupcake which must be in a "real" paper wrapper.  No bottom.  Just the curved strip as wide as you'd want the wrapper to be tall.  You could figure out just the right curve and length of paper strip to fit around your little cakes and then go to work making a decorative top edge.  I'd think fancy scissors and punches might work, of course not for the incredible detail of those in your link, but still mighty cute.  I was thinking red paper with a cute edge and little hearts punched out for Valentine's Day. 

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007 03:52:05 AM »

that would definitely be cute!

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008 02:07:58 PM »

What about using punches on the edges/tops of the regular cupcake liners?
Maybe cook them in a wrapper then transfer them to a new one that has been punched?
Or only fill them up a lil ways so there is a lot of space after cooked... cook, punch, then top w/ whip cream?

Free Craft Image Sheets

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008 01:57:51 PM »

Those are indeed cute! They definitely didn't bake the cupcakes in those liners, so you could just bake yours and frost them in a regular (boring pastel!) liner. Then make your decorative liner as suggested by cat2cat. The possibilities are really endless if you use great papers. You can buy trim punches at most craft stores to pretty up the tops. I'd just secure a strip with double sided tape, then very carefully drop the cupcake into it. Make sure you post some photos if you make your own! I'd love to see how they come out.

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008 04:41:05 AM »

looks like an upside down lampshade pattern.I think you could probably edge punch the 'top' of the lining..looks beautiful-just proves that nothing is safe from paper & punches..

its ME!!
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008 03:09:21 PM »

betcha they have a laser cutter. You could probably get
 the same effect with a cricut machine.
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008 12:22:33 AM »

I couldn't resist a peek at these cupcake wrappers which are amazing!  They are definitely laser cut and not for baking in. But I do love this butterfly one.

I like the paper punches idea and I think this would work really well with decorative border punches. Or maybe even the 'Incire' paper punches which create a cut-out effect.  Here's an example...

If you didn't have any punches, you could buy sheets of laser cut images and use them to embellish cupcake cases. Also, check out favourite silhouettes - these ones look like you could 'wrap' them around cup cake cases in contrasting colours... not the cheapest way of doing it but for a special occasion...

Karen Marie Klip has some gorgeous teeny laser cut images and there's a range of punches too.  I wish I hadn't looked now...

i'm as weird as the flowr ;)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008 05:07:58 AM »

well thy're not wrappers as such...
just covers over wrappers. and yes, like mentioned already..theres no bottom! makes life easier!!

use punches those are really helpful. after you cut em into desired strips. you could also buy realy wrappers and stick the DIY ones over them.
to get it uniform, the design i mean...you could fold your strip a couple of times...draw out a nice elegant design(or use a stencil) and then cut it out with an exacto knife just make sure you dont cut off all the edges. it's the same principle as making paper dolls remember? 
these may not be as challeging as they look!!

good luck!!  Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...