A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HUGE UPDATE -- My Craftastically Adorable Apartment.. Christmasfied!  (Read 6695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amyracinrose
« on: December 05, 2007 09:30:16 PM »

Okay, so when I went home this weekend.. I made a point to take a lot of pictures.. I added quite a few more things to my apartment and I wanted to take some better pics for you guys.  So, I'm going to add the new pics to the top here.  Beware.. there are several!!!!  I hope ya'll like them!

Here's my tree with all the lights out in the apartment.  It really does put off a nice glow.  The glass presents below the tree my Mom made.. I did help , though!  I mean, hey I stuffed all the lights in the boxes.. that's hard work.. lol

Over on my bookshelf when you walk in the front door.. I have several different things up.  Here is one of my little elves.  He is so adorable  So vintagey and retro.. I love him!  There's also a picture of Angel with Santa last year.  She looked so cute.. everybody said she really did look like Santa's dog with her capelet on and everything.

On the shelf above my one elf sits his little friend.  Aren't they just the cutest pair???

Just a cute little tree that my Mom bought me.. there are a few of them spaced out all over the shelves.. but this blue one is my fav.  I love the color.

Here's my cute little Hallmark snowman I got a few years back.  He's a lot of fun.  Kids always love him.

This is my cute little snowman lamp.  I love the vintage feel of him. 

Sitting on my yardstick shelf is this cute little paper snowman I cut out.

This is a finished view of my balcony.  Turned out really pretty with the garland and all, huh?

A closer view of the giant hanging ornaments.. I really do love those silly things.

This is an adorable tree I bought from Target last year.  I have it sitting on a table on my balcony. 

I made this snowman wreath last year.. I did have him hanging on my front door.. but it just seemed like too much with the garland wrapped around the door as well.. so I moved him out to my balcony. 

Here's a nice closer shot of my snowman that I stapled onto the wall. 

I added lights to the other banister of the stairs. Before I only had one side lit up.

If you'll notice the blue scalloped lights on the bottom.. I put those up for my neighbor.  She's elderly and she didn't have any christmas decorations of her own.  So I shared my wealth lol.

I love looking at everyone's beautiful decorations at christmas time and I absolutely love decorating at christmas time!  I've already done a good bit.. but I plan on doing a lot more still... but I just couldn't wait till I was finished.. so I want to show ya'll what I have done so far.  I really hope ya'll like it.  I'm going to be adding bunch more pics very soon. 

Thanks!
And
Merry Christmas!

~Amy Rose~

Notice the glass snowmn garland lining the bookcase to the left in this picture.  I love that garland.. I've had it for years.. it's not really my personal taste now.. but it's still so beautiful I wouldn't give it up for anything. 

I posted this picture for the vase filled with the ornaments and lights on the shelf.  I've seen it done so many times and always wanted one for myself.. this year I finally made it and I love it!

This is a set of vintage snowmen I received for Christmas last year.. they are so beautiful.  I wish you could see how they gleam with the white lights shining down on them.. the picture does not do them justice at all.

Here are the outdoor lights I have up so far by my front door.  Luckily I have a neighbor who doesn't care how much I put up!  She says she loves it lol.  The snowman I freeformed and put up with a staple gun onto the wall.  The snowflake lights are blinking.  I do intend to still add more lights to this area. 

Here is a pic of my balcony at night.. It's not a very good pic.. doesn't capture the beauty of the lights very well at all.. I intend to take a daytime picture so ya'll can see the giant ornaments hanging from the top of the balcony.. they are so pretty!  I also intend to add more lights here as well.. also the white ball to the left is actually a multicolored hanging ball.. it's a lot prettier in person.

Hope ya'll like it all so far!
 Grin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 09:25:02 PM by amyracinrose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new blog, Swell Stitches!

http://www.swellstitches.typepad.com
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 09:32:10 PM »

It looks great! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
thelovecats
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 09:38:15 PM »

Awesome! I love yr. tree  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007 09:38:33 PM »

i really like ur color choice for the areas in the apt*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007 09:39:45 PM »

Love it!! You have awesome taste- your living area is so soothing looking and I love those colors
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
amyracinrose
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007 09:46:51 PM »

Thanks guys!.. I'm really glad you-all like everything.  All of your comments are very sweet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my new blog, Swell Stitches!

http://www.swellstitches.typepad.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007 09:52:07 PM »

All of your decorations remind me of cotton candy or lucky charms!!  Very happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
dyingtolive
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007 09:54:24 PM »

Your apartment is so adorable.  I really love the colors!  So warm Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007 09:54:31 PM »

Beautiful!! I love all the decorations.
All of your decorations remind me of cotton candy or lucky charms!!  Very happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Betsyannlob
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007 09:56:34 PM »

I love that tree!  I have a box of pretty pink ornaments, that someday I want to put on a white tree...your tree is something to tide me over until then.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Simple Baby Hat
How to Condition Flowers for Flower Arrangements
How to Knit Fingerless Gloves
How to Knit the Knit Stitch
How to Customize Melt-and-Pour Soap
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...