A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Columbia, SC- anyone want to teach me to knit?  (Read 11291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

genreroo
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2008 04:59:27 AM »

Sure! Welcome to Cola! It's been a busy summer for me thus far but I think I have some free time this Sunday if any of you guys want to meet...somewhere air conditioned please! Smiley Do you have a preference for time or place Summie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summie
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2008 09:23:26 AM »

Wow, fast reply Smiley Sunday should be fine for me after 2 or so. I have no preference to place- I live on the edge of downtown not far from anywhere. My AIM name is geniusanddoom if you want to catch me on there. I haven't been knitting lately but I do have some hemp jewelry I need to make for people back home and I'd love to just get together Smiley Let me know. -Summer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am slowly but surely building a wist Wink http://www.wists.com/summie
My name is Summer, and I am a swapaholic.
Purelectricity
It's electric.

I'm a paper bag in real life.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2008 09:32:04 AM »

Yay for more Columbia crafters!!  Sunday works great for me.  Since it is Father's day I have to spend some time with my dad before I can but any after 3 works for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
genreroo
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2008 05:54:40 AM »

How about the Earth Fare cafe at 3ish? I'm still working on my blanket...in fact I don't think I've touched it since last time we met!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summie
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2008 10:04:07 AM »

sounds bueno to me. whereabouts is earthfare located? i'll do a google map exact search, just didnt know if there was more than one in the city.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am slowly but surely building a wist Wink http://www.wists.com/summie
My name is Summer, and I am a swapaholic.
genreroo
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008 05:08:16 AM »

nope-just one. It's on the corner of Millwood and Devine, right next to a CVS. Walk in the doors and the cafe is on the left past the registers-I normally grab a table past the double doors. See you around 3ish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cookiemaker
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2008 10:00:27 AM »

Oh hey I kind of forgot to keep coming back here to see what's going on. I haven't knit anything at all since last time we met, and my crocheting has waned.

But if any of ya'll are looking for a weekend job that leaves you a lot of time to knit or crochet, let me know and I can hook you up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Purelectricity
It's electric.

I'm a paper bag in real life.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2008 02:45:28 PM »

My boyfriend and a friend of mine are looking for a second job.  Can you PM me with the details?

How is your new house coming along???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cookiemaker
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2008 07:28:38 AM »

House is coming great! I need to host a knit/crochet/embroider night over here soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vicky815
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2009 09:28:02 AM »

Hello there .... just joined crafters.org and delighted to find so many interested in forming a group for (fill in the dashes with knit/crochet) ---alongs in and or near Columbia SC ...

Actually seems like there could be several groups going at the same time depending on the particular location for everyone ... I'm in the northeast but I would drive downtown or to other locations like WCol ... have checked out a couple of different types of locations already that would be a pleasant and quiet area for crafters to gather ...

There has been a project going on called "Warm Up America" through the Craft Yarn Council of America in NC and it lends itself for a great opportunity to teach/learn to knit/crochet 7" x 9" squares ... so if you would like to LEARN to knit/crochet ... just let me know ...

I have yarn that is perfect for an afghan that I would love to donate for such a project including extra needles and hooks as well ... it would at least be a way to get started and a great learning experience.  The completed project is like "community service" and would go to the council to be forwarded to nursing homes, hospitals, etc.

Just looking for some knit/crochet friends!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lavender Coconut Body Scrub
Tati Westbrook: 5 Minute Glam Look
Tati Westbrook: GlamLifeGuru
Katie McBroom: Martinis and Mascara
Carla Kokoszka: Fashion Maven Mommy
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...