A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty Winter 07  (Read 8849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007 01:46:08 PM »

this issue was sooo good! i want to make the quant and abotanicity asap after my crhistmas knitting

Just another crazy red-haired knitter.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007 02:01:27 PM »

Dahlia and Abotanicity are definitely on my sweaters-to-knit-after-Christmas list.  I think I would add long blouson-y sleeves to Dahlia, though.  And kitty reminds me of something I would not want to see in my face in the middle of night.

"Plum puffs won't minister to a mind diseased in a world that's crumbled into pieces." -Anne Shirley
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007 02:46:46 PM »

I love them all...... except kitty.....
It freaks me out. I find it scary, not cute.
(I hope the designer doesn't read this.)

Lol, I agree.. from the thumbnail the whiskers look like huge teeth.

Oh wow... Me too. I was sure that couldn't be for a kid, because it looked like a evil D&D or WoD monster!

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007 03:11:31 PM »

I looooove Dahlia and Jeanie! Stardust is nice and I'll be making the little shrug for my dog. Love this issue!

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007 03:16:32 PM »

Kitty somehow looks a bit like a rat to me... anyone else have this impression? At least in that side view. There it definitely looks rather scary!

I like a lot things in this issue, too. I think I will give Quant a try soon. I have been eyeing the Danica scarf pattern for quite a while, but never had the courage to try Entrelac. This is perfect for a shy first try. Cheesy I like the Matrix mittens, too, and feel somehow attracted to Tudora- it's cute and funny and classic at the same time, I think. And those Square Cake bags are genious, they look so elegant! Same for the Halcyon scarf... just beautiful! Although I was a bit disappointed when I noticed it was knit from such fine yarn, and so very "holey". It looked a bit more solid in the first picture. Wink
Yeah, and then I'm so impressed by Jeanie and Abotanicity!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007 03:33:08 PM »

I love the sock patterns in this one!  I'm going to have to make a pair of each...the whale tail ones are absolutely gorgeous.  I loved Halcyon as well...isn't that a type of perscription med though?  lol.  That was my first thought when I read it.  Over all, there are a lot of good pieces in this one, which is quite impressive since I haven't felt too hot about the last few.

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007 03:53:42 PM »

Is halcyon a prescription med?  that would be kind of silly.  Whenever I see "halcyon", I mentally replace it with "glory days". 

Oh, I LIKE this issue a lot.  "Jeanie" has me thinking pretty hard.  I like it a lot, but do I really want it?  I really am much more of a product knitter than I previously realized.  I'm also thinking about one of those tams in two solid color yarns.  I am all about hats lately!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 03:55:31 PM by caledonia_mission » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The dog is barking out back; he thinks he's in the band.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007 04:27:49 PM »

Haha...I just looked it up.  Halcion is a perscription insomnia medication, halcyon is not. 

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007 05:15:48 PM »

I really want to knit one of the tams and Dahlia (the designer of this top also designed Mrs. Darcy - another fave of mine!)

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure."
-Rowena Ravenclaw

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007 06:34:00 PM »

Wow - I guess I'm the only one who HASN'T loved the last two issues!  I haven't seen anything that I've been drawn to.   Sad

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract
Creeping You Out!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...