A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New hats that I ADORE - but, I need your advice  (Read 1876 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CMFoster
« on: December 05, 2007 05:46:14 AM »

I've made two new hats (both were supposed to be for Christmas gifts - but, alas, now only one will be - that grabby little girl of mine has taken one again.  Do you think that I need to get her some help for her compulsive stealing of completed projects?  That's not really the advice part - but, I digress. Wink)

Okay, back to the hats.  First the stolen one...... This was the first one, which I really liked - but, I decided to modify my pattern for the second just a bit.

This is the second one, and this is where the advice part comes in... I can't decide if I like the pom pom.  Firstly, I'm not a good pom pom maker and also, I can't decide if I even like it on this hat.... hmmmm, thoughts?

The first pic most truly shows the colors of this yarn (which, I love, by the way!!).

PLEASE ignore the hideous pics of me with the second hat - they were taken at 1am this morning... lol

~Michelle~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaachan
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 05:57:48 AM »

I'm not a crochetter (??) so this is an uninformed opinion but I like the clean lines of the pompomless version.

I love both the colour schemes.

Do you think your daughter could be convinced to steal on consignment?  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Happy*Hedgehog
Check me out at Etsy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 06:02:41 AM »

The hat looks GREAT! and so do you. Smiley I would scare off half the craftsters if I posted a pic of me at 1am.  Grin Plus your dd has great taste. Mine is the same way she loves everything I make an tries to take them all, even if they do not fit she tries to take them for her bears and babies too. My etsy account would have more in it if it was not for a hat theif. LOL
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 06:04:24 AM by Happy*Hedgehog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CMFoster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007 06:03:42 AM »

I'm not a crochetter (??) so this is an uninformed opinion but I like the clean lines of the pompomless version.

I love both the colour schemes.

Do you think your daughter could be convinced to steal on consignment?  Tongue

Yeah, for my personal taste - I agree completely.  This hat is for my teenage neice, and a lot of the hats that I've seen 'out' this year have pom poms, so I thought that I'd give it a try.  I just wasn't sure if my lack of excitement about it was because it looks stupid or because I just don't like pom poms... lol

I told my daughter that she has GOT to stop stealing the presents - otherwise, what am I going to do when all the would be recipients expect their gifts??  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CMFoster
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007 06:06:15 AM »

The hat looks GREAT! and so do you. Smiley I would scare off half the craftsters if I posted a pic of me at 1am.  Grin Plus your dd has great taste. Mine is the same way she loves everything I make an tries to take them all, even if they do not fit she tries to take them for her bears and babies too. My etsy account would have more in it if it was not for a hat theif. LOL

LOL - my other daughter (she's 4) hardly ever wants the things I make (well, she wants them - then she gets them and doesn't use/wear them).  But, my oldest want EVERYTHING!!  lol

And, thanks for the compliments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy*Hedgehog
Check me out at Etsy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007 06:12:27 AM »

wanted to let you know that the second hat is something I would not wear but I think that a teenager would love it. I also see the pom poms on all the hats too but I am not a huge fan of them but I think if I were younger I could pull it off, I think she will love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiki870
Stash Goddess

Crafting since birth,...!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007 07:14:34 AM »

I personally like it better without the pom pom, but then again,... I am not a fan of them on anything!  I love that yarn, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love my hubby, but the Army doesn't pay enough for my crafty habit!

My blog Multifaceted Mama
Facebook
Twitter
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007 07:15:55 AM »

Why not make the pom-pom detachable? Sew a big button to it that will fit into the stitches at the top of the hat and tell her it's a convertible hat. Smiley
that way if she's like you and just doesn't like pom-poms she can take it off, but if she does like them she can leave it on. Smiley

I think they are both very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CMFoster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007 07:23:04 AM »

Why not make the pom-pom detachable? Sew a big button to it that will fit into the stitches at the top of the hat and tell her it's a convertible hat. Smiley
that way if she's like you and just doesn't like pom-poms she can take it off, but if she does like them she can leave it on. Smiley

What an exceptional idea!  I think that is what I'll do!!!!  Thanks, so much for the suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiki870
Stash Goddess

Crafting since birth,...!

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007 07:34:45 AM »

I NEVER EVER would have thought of that!  What a fantastic idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love my hubby, but the Army doesn't pay enough for my crafty habit!

My blog Multifaceted Mama
Facebook
Twitter
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Happens if You Decrease the Sugar Called for in Baked Goods?
What is Almond Bark?
Easter Brownie Nests
How to Bake Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
7 Easy-to-Make Yogurt Snacks That Taste Like Dessert
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...