(This is my very first post and my first project of this kind.)
So after searching all day, I found this ugly thing at the Salvation Army priced at $9.99. I asked for a better price and got it for $6.99.
It appeared to have been homemade and using some upholstery fabric-you know, the kind that your grandma has on her couch that no one will sit on.... yuck!
After pulling out about a million staples and prying out a lot
of nails, removing the gross stuffing stuff i ended up with a box basically. a STINKY box. (after an entire day of spraying with lysol, febreeze and body spray it finally smelled better)
So i went to the store and bought a 2x4, foam, black lining fabric, microsuede upholstery fabric, a staple gun and staples, hinges, thick batting, fence post toppers for the feet and a hacksaw. BTW- i started this project on Dec 1st and got it done just in time! I told you i was a procrastinator!
These are the during shots...
This is where the hacksaw came in, the screws are permanently attached to these and they were too long so i had to saw a little bit off. I painted these with some paint i already had.
And the completed project!
I am going to put the hinges on later so i can just flip it open. I plan on putting magazines or the remotes or maybe a blanket in there. I love it, let me know what you think!