A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: christmas crafting for my new little hedgehog!!  (Read 2515 times)
Tags for this thread: hedgehog  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

burstandbloom
« on: December 04, 2007 08:56:47 PM »

well i thought i'd share with you my little arts and crafts binge for my hedgie..

the pic is sideways...sorry, i couldnt get it to save upright for some reason. and i had just woken him up before the picture that's why he's all bundled up

anyway, i made his little santa hat, and i didn't MAKE his tree/decorations....but putting them altogether is still crafting!

WIPs:
- a little UT longhorn themed fleece snuggle bag (sleeping bag)
- perhaps a tiny knitted beanie? and MITTENS! AWW
- i'm also going to be making him his own wheel, you know the ones that little pets run on? but i'm in the process of gathering the supplies

any other ideas for my cute little guy?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007 04:29:45 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
ragdoll193
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007 09:01:13 PM »

awww!! hedgehogs are so adorable!

oh. I was going to suggest a sleeping bag, but I see you already have it. if you leave both ends open, but long enough that they'll close when he's in it due to gravity, he can run around in it like a tunnel. my guinea pig loved hers.

is the hat on an elastic to stay on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
Hedgie Lover
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007 09:20:35 PM »

He's so cute!  I don't know what kind of cage you have, but I made my hedgehog, Amelia, one out of coroplast and those wire storage cubes and she loves it.  I hope you have fun with him!  Hedgehogs are definitely amazing little animals.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007 09:22:15 PM by Hedgie Lover » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gomerriffic
Meet my friend, Mr. Lemmy Lime!

Exsqueeze me?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007 09:32:21 PM »

It hurts it's so cute! I think I NEED a hedgehog now. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laughing Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007 09:39:46 PM »

The crafts are way cute. Perhaps some sort of "bling" type jewelry that you can put on his little prickles? Wink Or how about a mini hot water bottle for him to ball up with?

A word of caution: I've heard that hedgehogs like to poo while running on their wheels and it tends to make a big mess. I don't know if yours does or doesn't, but you might want to take that into consideration when deciding on supplies for the wheel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dem

I love yarn ever so much.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007 09:52:46 PM »

v. cute!

I want a hedgie!
They are legal in the next state I am moving to.
So yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007 11:37:31 AM »

i've heard about those cages you mentioned, but he already has a pretty big cage that his daddy bought him Smiley

the little hat does not have elastic...he really doesnt like things by his face so i knew there was no way i'd be able to keep him from curling up if i tried to put elastic over his head.

laughingcat: i really like the hot water bottle idea...but where would i get one of those/how would i make one?

i'm also thinking of making him a little stocking to hang from our mantle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Laughing Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007 12:34:09 PM »

Hmmm... maybe for the hot water bottle, you could cut a hot water bottle shape out of felt or a heavy cloth... instead of water, stuff it with rice and sew closed. Then you can heat it in the microwave and pop it into his cage with him. It won't be an actual water bottle, but it will look like one, and probably retain heat better than an actual water bottle that size would. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burstandbloom
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007 06:35:23 PM »

Hmmm... maybe for the hot water bottle, you could cut a hot water bottle shape out of felt or a heavy cloth... instead of water, stuff it with rice and sew closed. Then you can heat it in the microwave and pop it into his cage with him. It won't be an actual water bottle, but it will look like one, and probably retain heat better than an actual water bottle that size would. Wink

that's an amazing idea!!! i have something just like that for myself when i have sore muscles...i could totally make one for the little guy...i just hope he wouldnt try to eat it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
thefabfive
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008 09:43:59 AM »

oh ur hedgeie is so adorable!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Almond-Orange Shortbread Cookies
Apple Crisp Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Easy Pear Tart Recipe
Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
How to Make Instagram-Themed Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...