A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easiest, cheapest, fastest (and yummiest!) stocking stuffers! *picture added*  (Read 9313 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007 06:34:20 PM »

Thank you,ryepie! I just bought mugs from rite aid-99 cents,100 skewers-one dollar,candy canes-buy a box get one free,chocolate and marshmallows-on sale this week.I'm going to fill a mug with the marshmallow sticks,a candy cane,maybe hot chocolate cones(can't find bags yet,I just may put in an individual package of cocoa from a box instead),a few hershey kisses,and maybe a choclate dipped plastic spoon for stirring coffee.Cheap and festive-the kid has lots of teachers,aunts & uncles,ect that need a gift.And I'm making some for my friends that I want to give a gift to,but I'm broke.You've really helped me out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
ryv1079
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007 07:23:06 PM »

don't eat one.
trust me.

or else you are going to have to go out and replenish your supplies to make more. i think i'm addicted to them.  Undecided
 Cheesy

LMAO!! Well, I made sure I had enough supplies to make a couple for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ryepie
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007 10:12:13 PM »

Thank you,ryepie! I just bought mugs from rite aid-99 cents,100 skewers-one dollar,candy canes-buy a box get one free,chocolate and marshmallows-on sale this week.I'm going to fill a mug with the marshmallow sticks,a candy cane,maybe hot chocolate cones(can't find bags yet,I just may put in an individual package of cocoa from a box instead),a few hershey kisses,and maybe a choclate dipped plastic spoon for stirring coffee.Cheap and festive-the kid has lots of teachers,aunts & uncles,ect that need a gift.And I'm making some for my friends that I want to give a gift to,but I'm broke.You've really helped me out!

yay!!!!!  Grin

that was my whole goal! i was so blessed to hear of this simple little recipe and needed to share it. i'm just heating up my water to make some more!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ryepie
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007 10:03:54 AM »

so they do keep well in the mail! my friend casper got his a couple days ago.
woohoo! also, i added a picture to the original post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmoo
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007 06:14:36 PM »

How long do they keep for?

Tomorrow is last day at kindy for the year and i think i should give the kindy teachers a little gift as they have been great for DD this year, hmmm any excuse to shop lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ryepie
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007 10:03:58 PM »

i would imagine they keep for quite awhile...they are just chocolate on marshmallows...prob ably pretty easy to keep well Smiley
i keep mine in the freezer just to be safe though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008 08:05:38 AM »

I had planned to make a bunch of these for my friend, and fellow cocoa fanatic, but I didn't have time before we got together yesterday. So, I brought all of the stuff with me so we could make them at her house. Turned out to be a good thing, too! Not only did we have her kids to help us (smashing candy canes, coating the sticks in chocolate and coating them with the candy canes), but it turns out that her kids don't like mint. She had some Starburst brand strawberry flavored candy canes and and they tasted fabulous!!

We found that it was easier to put a blob (it wasn't melted to total liquid-ness) of the chocolate on a platter and roll the skewered marshmallows in it. Then, we had the crushed candy canes on a plate and rolled the chocolate in that.

After we finished, I took a marshmallow and swiped it through some of the leftover melted chocolate and the dipped it in the crushed candy canes. It tasted like a chocolate covered strawberry! Delicious! And, the completed sticks tasted great in our hot cocoa, too!

Thanks so much for sharing this and doing such a great job explaining how to make them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
KristyDi
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008 04:30:10 PM »

Awesome idea. I will be making some of these.

I recently discovered that you can use a heating pad to melt chocolate.  It takes a while, but it works.  Alton Brown (the King of all that is Awesome in the Kitchen) suggests this in his truffle recipe.  I made the recipe as written and it was wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people juggle geese.  -Hoban Washburn
ryepie
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2008 09:09:37 PM »

weird! i probably wouldn't have thought about that!
my son and i played "smashies" earlier and destroyed a ton of candy canes. now i'm threading marshmallows onto the skewers...worst part of the whole thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ryepie
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009 03:26:21 PM »

bumping for last minute christmas ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hanns and Rudolf by Thomas Harding
Katherine Parr Talks About the Sixth Wife of Henry VIII
A Book That Looks Like My Family
Bones of the Lost by Kathy Reichs
Hidden Order by Brad Thor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...