A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,348
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First Sweater Support Group  (Read 34789 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

j_rabbette
read my blog, damnit!

fat-bottom girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2005 05:16:45 PM »

Ani... I'd love to see your "first" sweater.  I'm getting so scared about how mine is going to turn out, everyone freaks out over the sleeves.  Should I be that nervous?  I've currently got about 13" of the back under my belt but that't it.  It looks good so far... Undecided

I'll get a picture of my progress up soon.

Tere... I love the color of your sweater...  What pattern and yarn are you using?  Looks great!

PEACE

Jessy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abinka
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2005 05:06:39 AM »

I'm about 10" into Tempting right now...I'm getting nervous as I approach the yoke, but it's coming along pretty nicely so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2005 06:13:28 AM »

Thanks guys, for the support Smiley
J Rabette, I'm using the Purple Haze pattern from Knit Wit but modified a bit. I made the width smaller and changed the ribbed borders so that they are purled. so far the pattern is really straight forward. I am worried about the seaming though..yikes.
Irish, the yarn is Briggs n Little and I believe its spun locally (New Brunswick). I got it for super cheap at the store at my university (I'm an art student). The only thing is, its quite scratchy, so I'm going to do some research on softening wool.
Keep up the great work everyone!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chiocciola214
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2005 05:15:03 PM »

This is my first post and my first sweater! i've been knitting for about a year and a half and have made dozens of hats and scarves, and a few bags but I feel like this is my first real project because i'm following a pattern. I got it from a great book called The Yarn Girls guide to Simple Knits, by Julie Carles and Jordana Jacobs. It's all stockinette and minimal shaping. Is anyone familiar with this book? i don't think i've seen anything from it in this forum..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2005 09:09:33 AM »

I got it from a great book called The Yarn Girls guide to Simple Knits, by Julie Carles and Jordana Jacobs. It's all stockinette and minimal shaping. Is anyone familiar with this book? i don't think i've seen anything from it in this forum..

I just got this book in the mail this week. It is great, I plan to make a few things from it after I see how I do on this sweater. I like simple looks so this book is great, especially for the guy sweaters. I decided to get it after seeing it at an SnB, the girl next to me was knitting a sweater from it at the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2005 11:30:37 AM »

Now I have a front, a back and almost 1 sleeve done. I cant wait till i can wear it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
elizajane1962
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2005 08:06:52 PM »

Wink As soon as I get paid again I'll try this.  I've been wanting that S & B cardigan for some time. I've made tha Hot head hat, some scarves, and arm warmers so I guess it's time to venture forth into new territory. I'll let you all know when I hit the yarn store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abinka
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2005 06:12:27 AM »

I finished the body but now I'm a little stuck. I have to do the sleeves on dpns, but I don't really understand how to knit on them without moving them to the next needle. I'm going to have to look up some online tutorials and figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2005 06:27:37 AM »

Once you have your sts divided evenly, use your fourth (or fifth) needle to knit on the needle to your left. When that needle becomes free, use it to knit on the next needle to the left. But yeah, a tutorial would probbly help more Smiley
Good luck, its actually kind of fun once you get going.
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2005 06:55:27 AM »

yeah, DPN's are way confusing when you start. i still get confused. good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pull Off the Menswear Look
7 Most Unforgettable Gowns From the Oscars
Oscar Dresses That Made History
The Most Talked About Oscars Dresses Of All Time
3 Best Trends From London Fashion Week!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...