A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First Sweater Support Group  (Read 30934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

heavenlyginger
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2005 03:30:48 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I'm a semi-new knitter and I'm beginning my first sweater. I'm chickening out a little and planning to do it in top-down as opposed to making it in many parts. I bought the wool today - Patons Canadiana in Bright Royal and Rainbow Varg (body and sleeves respectively) and I'm planning to put a Cardinal octopus on the front (it's for my eight month old).
Due to the eight month old, I may be a while making this (it's one of several projects) but I'm excited. I'm using http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html for my pattern. I have a pattern for what I want in several pieces, so I'm hoping that this turns out at least a little similar!!
I'm thrilled to find this knit-a-long!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2005 04:51:01 PM »

Welcome aboard Heavenly!
Atouria, I'm using 100% wool from the store at school (I'm an art student); Its called Briggs and Little, and I think its spun and died locally. It was about $3/skein, and its about the size of the two yarns from the pattern combined. Its a pale bluish green, with small specks in it. In terms of modifications, I think i may make it a couple inches shorter and make the sleeves flare a bit instead of going with snug-fitting cuffs. I'm thinking of changing the ribbing to seed stitch too, (just because i like seed stitch). Hope it works!  Smiley

Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8ball
Visit my blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2005 10:25:23 PM »

I decided to go ahead and make the Chanel-inspired cardi on straw.com (http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/summernet-fling-sweater.html).

I went to Elann.com and bought this nice stretch merino blend in a cream color (http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=Schoeller+Stahl+Merino+Stretch&Season=&Company=&Cat=Bargains&ProductType=5&OrderBy=+Order+By+Bargain+Desc&Count=27).

I think it may be over my head, but wish me luck!

Carie 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

abinka
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2005 03:38:21 AM »

OK, no more waiting for my errant books (last minute knitted gifts & yarn girls) to arrive! I'm going to the yarn store today and buying my stuff for Tempting. Wish me luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JennG
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2005 05:29:47 AM »

Well, I have cast on and started the ribbing for this sweater:

I am making the smallest size first to get all the sts down pat, and then will make one for my ds. The sizes go up to age 5-6. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

titaniumrose
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2005 11:24:19 AM »

Greetings all!  I'm a new knitter and this is actually my first post here, so please bear with me.   Smiley  I saw this knitalong and decided it would be a great one to join since I've attempted to start a sweater recently and need all the support I can get.  So far all I've made successfully have been scarves, one messed up hat, and a cell phone critter cozy.  But I'm trying to be brave and branch out!

I'm doing the "Easy to Imagine" sweater from the Lion Brand website, but I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Artist Print instead of the Imagine yarn.  So far I've changed the yarn and added more stitches to the initial cast on because it didn't seem like the size they listed would be big enough.  I like my sweaters roomy.  Anyway, I've started the back and have got maybe 14" of it done.  It's going pretty quickly, but I get frustrated because it's just not coming along quickly enough.   Grin  Hence the critter cozy last night...

So here I am, and here I shall be.  I'll try to remember to take and post a pic at some point.  Thanks for letting me join!

Erin
aka TitaniumRose
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog!  http://titaniumrose.blogspot.com
visit my etsy store!  http://titaniumrose.etsy.com
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2005 11:11:40 AM »

Check in, everyone!! 

I've completed the first sleeve of my hourglass sweater.  It tried it on, and it seems like the right fit!  I've gotten a few rows into the body, but I've promised my brother a scarf, so I'm trying to finish that up this weekend so I can devote all my time to my sweater.

Let's hear your progress!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_rabbette
read my blog, damnit!

fat-bottom girls...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2005 11:35:20 AM »

Okay...  Hi everyone.

My name is Jessy...

I am a neo-knit-aholic...

I learned how to knit a couple months ago (been crocheting since I was ten) and so far I've knit three scarves, two hats, a pair of wrist warmers, and a coffee mug cozy.  (Don't ask me what I've crocheted.)  I think it's time for the nex step...

A sweater! Dun-Dun-Daaaaaaa!

Okay... So all corniness aside... I'm starting my first sweater.  The pattern: To Dye For from SnB 1.  The yarn:  Patons Symphony in Persimon.

Progress:  Well... I figured out the gauge of my yarn and used that to alter the pattern a wee bit, and I've knit about six or seven inches of the back of the sweater.  So far all is well...

I just thought I'd introduce myself to the group...

PEACE

Jessy

P.S. Good luck everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karahtalia
Queen of Unfinished Projects

Dangerous Kittyboy aka The Knitting Guineapig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2005 11:55:48 AM »

Wee, I am still here and still plugging along on my Tempting sweater.

I am nearly done with it and am hoping I will finish it by the end of the day. I worked on it almost all day yesterday when we went to visit my husband's uncle.

I had a few mishaps with it that caused a bit of concern for me, I am doing broad stripes instead of a solid color since that is what I had on hand and I didn't think about the sleeves pairing up with the stirpes, it still looks fine, just if I were a perfectionist it wouldnt be 'right'. THEN the unthinkable, I ran out of the color I was using and had to find a dyelot that was close to what I used since I did not get this yarn locally so couldn't get it in the same dyelot. It matches and only I can tell where I started the new skein, but it bugs me to no end that it even happened. An error to learn from, let me tell you.

I cannot wait to get this finished however, it will be my first sweater, errors and all and no matter how it turns out, I am terribly proud of it.

How about everyone else? I am anxious to see more pictures of completed projects. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting is Knourishment Cheesy

http://www.irishwitch.blogspot.com/
mayerlove
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2005 12:35:31 PM »

Yeah my yarn supposedly didnt have a dylelot. BS. and i am ticked off. the other yarn was smoother too. the second skein is more course and thick. oh well, i'll prolly wear it everyday i will be so proud of it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Rhonda Stapleton Talks About Stupid Cupid
Brad Thor Discusses the Last Patriot
The Hollow Trilogy Book Trailer
Author Isabel Gillies Discusses Her Memoir Happens Every Day
Sneak Peek at Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...