A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: small punching bag  (Read 31676 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

icandostufftough
MELONhead

cant help myself

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2005 06:02:41 PM »

the bag can still be used like a heavey beag if you remove the cords, make it bigger and chain it at the top....im not sure how much leather cost or what kind of stuff to put on the inside but seems it could be done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"reality leaves alot to the imagination"

I dig things and people
lilgothkatt
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005 03:42:35 PM »

Um...maybe I missed something....How do you attach it to the floor? I rent so it's not like I can drill an eye hook into the concrete. I found some awsome medium wight vinyl in a snakskin printh that I had no glue as to what I would make but now I know. presuming I figure out how to attach it. lol
I guess I could use something like a concrete umbrella base.hmmm....
nice job though. I love crafty boys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
grego
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005 06:07:45 PM »

lilgothkatt,

the floor connection can be done this way. Hook the bungee cord to a 20 lbs weight. That's heavy enough to resist the forces from the bag.

If your going to put some kind of eye bolt in you ceiling. make sure you locate  the joist, and screw the eye bolt into it. The joist is the structural member that holds the ceiling up.  This way you know you've got a sturdy connection. You can use a stud finder to locate the joists. They usually run 16" on center. This means they are 16" apart from each other.

let me know how it goes

Grego 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morbid_freak

Aperson Withnolastname

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2005 07:22:42 PM »

YOUR CAR IS AMAZING!!! what year is it, cuz it effin rocks!? i have to have it lol. awesome idea on making a punching bag. i agree, they're a wicked work out plus they're really good for letting out the stress lol.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why don't you do some thing productive and kill yourself because standing here next to you is beginning to make me look like an idiot. And trust me, I'm capable of looking like an idiot without your assistance.
iluvtheRAMONES
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2005 08:34:52 PM »

NICE CAR compensating for something??? Tongue Wink  No im just kidding.  But yea i have to agree with all the others niiice picture!!!  But the bag is cool i want to make one!!!  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
perilously_divine
Moi

Keep on Rock'n in the Craft World

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2005 06:43:56 PM »

aside from the punching bad being nice. how baout that car!? I am guessing 70's  due to the huge window in the back. and i am not going to compliment on it just yet though. cant see the rear end or front, it might be a ford. which would be a hell of a mistake of a compliment.. lol sorry if its a ford Wink

kinda looks like a charger, but seems not big enough more of a pony car.

please give info
oh and what did you do to the interior?!! Please say you kept it original
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Sundance Kid
85 yr old granny in a tasty college girl body

This girl is crafty like ice is cold!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2005 09:42:18 AM »

All I can say is *man, you know what you are doing!* Let me see if I have this straight. . .

• You hang out on a forum that is pretty much saturated with clever females from all corners of the earth
  • Your li'l display pic features you and *a cat* ("awwww, It's a guy who loves crafting and animals!")
  • With your post you include a photo of you, shirtless, sweaty, in front of some sweet vintage car
  • Nice work Grego.
. . .All under the guise of *crafting*!? Yeah, you definately know exactly what you're doin.

Nice Work, Grego.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005 09:50:25 AM by The Sundance Kid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://spaces.msn.com/members/meanlittlebird/
--My msn space. blog. bitchfest. thing.
gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2005 10:22:42 AM »

I SOOOO need one of those at my house!!! (headache bag, car, boy...I'm not too picky).

Grego, you look vaguely familiar...Are you really from Toronto or "Toronto" as in the GTA?  I grew up in Brampton. now live in Bolton and work in Thornhill...have you ever spent any amount of time in any of them?  Sorry, I'm not trying to be creepy.  Maybe you have one of those familiar looking faces?
 Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
ringoatemybaby
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2005 01:31:13 PM »

Oh my. Absolutely gorgeous.

And, um, the bag ain't bad either.  Wink

...excuse me, I have to gaze at that picture some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gemjams
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2005 02:08:17 PM »

All I can say is *man, you know what you are doing!* Let me see if I have this straight. . .

Straight being the word! Only kidding i think its great having guys on craftster its a breath of fresh air and a totally different view on crafting. Who would of thought of making a punch bag ITS GENIUS! and i will be looking forward to seeing your other crafts AND photos of the finished products in front of the car and topless if you please!!!Wow we've all turned into guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade jewellery, clothing and accessories

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BettyStiletto
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Backgammon Game: The End
Backgammon Board: Pieces And Parts
Backgammon: Playing The Game
Backgammon Opening Position
How to Play Backgammon: Rules
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...