A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,573
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spoon/star necklace!  (Read 8403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2007 07:56:30 PM »

OMG -I think I am in love with this!  What a fantastic piece.  Great job!

Thanks so much!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
stacymormon
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007 11:48:35 AM »

Great job Sweets.  And thank you for being so good at the replies and info.  It makes following your craftiness soooo easy.  I was wondering if heating could help with the handle bending?  I still need to get me a dremel saw. I have been putting it off but now am much more motivated.  I would love to see more of the spoon crafts you came up with.  Great job girlie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winodini
Queen of the Gnomes

Shot Caller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007 11:52:08 AM »

I have now decided on my first project for my tool!!  Thank you for sharing  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
  - Sir Winston Churchill

My Wists
stacymormon
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007 11:56:32 AM »

Just a quick follow-up, I have no idea what kind of dremel saw to get.  I didnt realize there were so many.  What kind do you use/recommend?  Is it a bad idea to get a used one?  Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007 11:58:50 AM »

Great job Sweets.  And thank you for being so good at the replies and info.  It makes following your craftiness soooo easy.  I was wondering if heating could help with the handle bending?  I still need to get me a dremel saw. I have been putting it off but now am much more motivated.  I would love to see more of the spoon crafts you came up with.  Great job girlie!

Wow, thank you SO much!  You are very, very kind! Smiley

Just from fussing with a blow torch on other stainless steel pieces before, I don't think it helped very much.  Perhaps it was just too hot too fast, but I was left with a hot & burnt spoon or fork. Cheesy  Or maybe I didn't let it get hot enough and freaked out too soon...hehe.  I would definitely like to experiment with heating them more when making fork bracelets as there are lots of bends on those.

I have now decided on my first project for my tool!!  Thank you for sharing  Grin

Woohoo!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  Be sure to start a Completed Projects thread for your piece! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007 12:24:30 PM »

Just a quick follow-up, I have no idea what kind of dremel saw to get.  I didnt realize there were so many.  What kind do you use/recommend?  Is it a bad idea to get a used one?  Thanks.

I've only ever had one/use the same one.  Let me run out & see what brand it is.

I don't think there would be a problem with getting a used one at all.  Actually, I bet you could find a fairly inexpensive one on Craigslist.org, a yard sale or secondhand hardware shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefireninja
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007 02:13:48 PM »

where did you guys find dremels?  i looked at walmart but only this gold club cleaner thingy came up...is there some place better to look?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007 02:29:13 PM »

Home Depot and Lowes...maybe even Target...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
habitat-lady
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007 08:44:54 PM »

Sweets, I love the spoon.  I have made a few of these pendants with my dremel.  I used the polishing tool and polish to clean up. 

As for where to find dremels - Walmart used to carry them, I got a $50 set in a small case.  Then I bought a variable speed with the router base, chainsaw sharpener, and lots of other bells and whistles.  Do yourself a favor and get a flexishaft if you dont have one, its like holding a pen. And THEN I found this $16.00 knock-off brand at sams clubearlier this year. Awesome deal with lots of tips.  Here is the one from Sams

Everything is interchangable with the dremel brand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
mansonette
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007 08:51:02 PM »

Thanks for all the wonderful info.  I had went to my local Goodwill about 2 months ago looking for spoons to mangle because I had come across a very inspiring website.  I got the spoons home and then didn't know what to do, so I put them away.  I will definately get them out and give it a try now that I see you all using your Dremels.  I have one, but didn't even think of using it.  

Anyways.  For some eye candy and inspiration, you should check out this website.
www.spoonfedart.com
It is amazing.  I am just starting to mess with resin also, so I am not super excited.  It looks like my New Years Day is all planned out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
I Got Fat-Shamed On My Morning Commute
How to Apply Bronzer
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles and Baggy Eyes
How to Get a Fresh, Peachy Glow
Fourth of July Nail Art Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...