A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: thanks for breaking up with me, here's yr scarf! [DANICA]  (Read 10199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlet518

crafty fashionistas unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007 10:46:00 AM »

he sux!! on a good note the scarf is cute and only cost u $4. and at least u mastered Entrelac in the process  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if paths are steep and hard to climb, remember sometimes things take time Smiley
http://www.ravelry.com/people/kikistar
http://www.obsessionsofkikistar.blogspot.com/
knitty_kitty
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007 10:47:12 AM »

My advice:  Keep the scarf and give it to your next boyfriend.  Every time you kiss the new one, grab that scarf to pull him close to you.  Ahh, sweet revenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
syrlig
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007 11:02:38 AM »

Are you close with any of his friends? I say give it to one of them, in fact, give it to his best friend, or his mom, so that he has to look at that awesome scarf all winter long and be a cold, lonely, jerk!
Maybe I'm a little vindicative.

I have to say I second this one! Give it to his best friend/mum and let him know it goddamit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I collect the pieces of insight I find on the street and sew them into a quilt of understanding.
ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007 11:11:31 AM »

I did this pattern this weekend with a dish cloth! It was actually a lot easier than it looked when I first checked out the pattern. I think you did a great job of knitting it up. I think it looks good with your hair, but if you don't like it you could give it to someone else or charity like everyone else is suggesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
emyru

F.R.O.G. = Forever Rely On God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007 11:32:01 AM »

uhhhhh can I have it. This is great scarf I love the colors. I don't think the xbf should get it. I think I should. (even though I am a complete stranger) you probably won't ever see it unless u live in Amarillo, Tx. hehe.

on a side note donating it to charity does sound like a good idea. (that is if you don't  want to give to me)lol. Grin

What did u do with it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emyru:p
PhoenixDawn

Um, so how does this work?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007 11:33:41 AM »

He doesn't deserve you or your knitting skills.  let his cowardly ass freeze all winter, and lets hope he gets frostbite.  That scarf is gorgeous, i love to colors.  i've done entralac, and i know the effort that goes into it.  either keep it for yourself, or give it away to someone who would appreciate it.  but don't give it to him; if he breaks up with you on myspace, he wouldn't appreciate the gesture or the effort.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

terribleperfect
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007 12:47:34 PM »

it has purple and blue in it like your hair! and it's really nice.
(people who dump you in any way except for in person are pretty lame)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superchloe
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007 01:09:25 PM »

The xbf is a total jerk. and trust me, I know jerks when I see them- I broke up with my boyfriend and he wouldn't let go for weeks. texting, everything. ugh.

I'd be wayyyyyy disappointed to give it to charity because I know that must've taken loads of work. and yeah, charity is a good cause and everything but... yeah. I wouldn't want to give it to a friend either, since its attatched to your xbf. I'd save it for a swap or if there's an aunt or someone you don't usually see, give it to them for christmas or something.

Best of luck with your future boyfriends Smiley They're not all jerks, thank goodness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007 01:12:13 PM »

Definitely keep it, it's gorgeous.

I'm sorry about your boyfriend, and that he didn't have the guts to do it in person.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

have2craft
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007 01:25:55 PM »

He's an ass and doesn't deserve you.  The scarf is fabulous and looks great on you.  If you can't bear to keep it and don't want to see it on a regular basis, then I echo the others' idea of donating it to a shelter.  It would then be a positive thing b/c it would bring joy and warmth to someone who needs it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Dee~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Josh Turner on His Book "Man Stuff"
Ruth Reichl Talks About Her New Book
Andrew D. Kaufman on Tolstoy and War and Peace
Top 10 Notes: The Old Man and the Sea
Bruce Allen Murphy: The Book That Changed My Life
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...