A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: thanks for breaking up with me, here's yr scarf! [DANICA]  (Read 10230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smileygirl
yea, i knit with acrylic. what are you gonna do about it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007 09:12:22 AM »

that guy is such an ass!!!. hopefully he will be walking in the really cold air with a really cold neck and says "gee i wish i had a nice scarf, my neck is freezing". may he get many colds and a bitchy next girlfriend. you should give the scarf away to a coworker for a secret santa, or to a church. and don't lose any sleep over that jerk!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The more you know, the less you don't know

I love being married.
It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
-Rita Rudner

My Blog!! http://raynaknits.blogspot.com
My Etsy!! http://www.raynascreations.etsy.com
din
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007 09:18:44 AM »

I'm so sorry about the jerk-boy from heck. I agree with the majority and he shouldn't lay a finger on the scarf. Also, the Holiday Season is a really easy time to drop things off for charity, which would be the most fulfilling thing to do with something you don't want to look at and you put so much time into.

It looks very warm and fuzzy! You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hipmama1970
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007 09:32:01 AM »

I love that scarf! And, I've made that pattern, and yours looks really nice, it's not easy to do that one Smiley Yours is way better than mine!

I am so sorry he was such a jerk to you. I'm sure at some point he'll look back and realize what a juvenile and mean thing he did. Sometimes a person's own shame at realizing what they've done in life is the best thing to change them for the better. After 37 years on this earth (yeah, I'm crusty and ancient) I've found that what goes around truly does come around in one way or another, and these things tend to work themselves out without any extra energy from you. Hugs to you!

As far as what to do with the scarf...I do think it looks good on you, but if you don't want to keep it (understandably) I agree that giving it to a charity or as a gift, or saving it for a future swap are all good ideas. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen, homeschooling mom of 4
Tephra
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007 10:00:56 AM »

MySpace... wow, that's even worse than my fianc dumping me in e-mail. Though that was long enough ago that maybe it was just because he didn't have MySpace to do it on. Roll Eyes

As for the scarf, LOVE the yarn, what is it?

It doesn't clash with your hair. (Also, LOVE the hair!)

If you can't stand looking at it you could either shove it in a closet and find it 10 years later like I did with that unfinished quilt... or you could donate it to a charity or sell it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
instantk4rma

Junior mycologists have questionable morels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007 10:23:46 AM »

I had a guy do that to me once. For a tiny little mall-goth that looked like she was 14 no less. *sigh* I think you should give it to charity Smiley That, and your hair won't *always* be blue, will it? I think you AND the scarf are both beeyooteeful. And don't worry, sweetie. There's much better guys out there Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Heather29
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007 10:26:31 AM »

You should totally keep the scarf! It's beautiful. And your ex is a buttface. You are so much better off without him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007 10:30:10 AM »

Fabulous scarf!  What yarn did you use?  It looks terrific.  I don't think it clashes with your hair, either.  I'd tell you to swap it or donate it, but that's been done, so I won't repeat those suggestions.  Cheesy  

Who picked the colors/pattern? I think the person who put the most though into the planning should have it.  If you chose the colors and the Danica pattern, you should keep it.  If he was involved with choosing the yarn and the pattern (if that's even possible), and you decide to forgive him, then maybe you should still give it to him.   Me?  I'd either keep it, gift it, or figure out a way to make it into something else cool (would be fairly simple to take the knit fabric and sew it into something like fingerless gloves).  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Meginski
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007 10:31:56 AM »

Are you close with any of his friends? I say give it to one of them, in fact, give it to his best friend, or his mom, so that he has to look at that awesome scarf all winter long and be a cold, lonely, jerk!
Maybe I'm a little vindicative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silverfisch
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007 10:36:48 AM »

can somebody be dumped at myspace??  Shocked
something similar happened to me in the past but with a cross-stitch cushion I made for my then bf of a chicken family (which took me MONTHS), and I kept it. and I felt so proud having it because it had cost me tons of effort and well, he didn't deserve it and I did Tongue
but if you would prefer not having that gourgeous scarf around, I suggest the same as the rest: charity, swap, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007 10:45:14 AM »

heh, i had something similat happening to me, but i realized what kind of person he was before i finished the scarf/hat set...  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205045.msg2188726#msg2188726
everybody told me to donate too, but i couldn't, because i live in a really hot place, so i kept it for a while and just this week i found a nice home for them! they're part of a swap that started by accident while talking with a very nice girl, who knows how to appreciate the effort i put into it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Gerbera Daisies from Afloral & How To Use Them
How to Make a Calla Lily Boutonniere
Chris Stone Talks About Berkleemusic
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...